What's new

UMK3 Weekly League? We have enough people...

Tell you what, I'll also use this thread as an acid test to see how many people are actually interested in PLAYING the game, not just talking about it, cutting it down, bashing it, and not putting their controllers where their mouth is here on TYM

Wouldn't be a long league. We can start it simply as a 4 week league and go from there. Would be a 1v1 setup. Everybody wouldn't play everybody every week. There would be divisions setup much like any other league. You'd play more than one guy a night probably, but it wouldn't be a round robin every night.

Could do a points based system. We would do something (theoretically) like 3 sets of 3 out of 5. You get 2 points for each set, and a point at the end for most matches won. For example, @Drakonian and I play 3 sets of 3 out of 5. (you ALWAYS play 5, you can lose 5-0 in the league scenario)

I beat him 3-2
I beat him 3-2
He beats me 1-4

Because he won total matches won he gets an extra point. The total for that matchup would be 4 points to 3.

Depending on how many players we get (would be done on MAME) would determine length of league and how many opponents you play each night. I think there are enough players now to at least form a small league.

@Drakonian @nwo @UndefinedRican @Ziggy @Sharks_Breath @AnTi @crazylebanese @YourMKArcadeSource @Biggs @ddy_08 @necoarc12 @Shock @9.95 @McLOV1NS @DemoniChris @lapse138 and of course tag others who may be interested or that I may have forgotten.

I know some guys like @Juggs @NobilityV3 etc are busy with MKX, would still be fun to have you guys out.

@tehdrewsus or you could just join us Cincinnati locals weekly at 16-Bit (also, the soon to open Arcade Legacy in Northside) and learn to play cabinet. ;)
Learning stick is on the list of things to do. But Cincinnati is a very small group to pull talent from. I hold my own against Nick, last I heard he went on some 40 game win streak against you all LOL. But I still want to come down. Just doesn't line up with my schedule a lot of times

EDIT: That wasn't meant to take away from the guys that play in Cincinnati. It's just that playing recreational is a lot of fun, playing against guys at Nick's talent level that are nationwide, is a huge challenge and also a ton of fun. I wish I would have videoed some of mine and nicks games, he won most of them, probably 65 to 35 Split. But a lot of people that saw us play were impressed that I wasn't a total body bag.

Heck, I would be willing to host something on Mame, at my house or at arcade legacy, so that people could play on stick or Pad, which ever they preferred and were best at

nwo

Noob
I usually just play 1-3 nights a week VS whoevers online. I'm not interested in any type of online tournaments, after playing this game online for 6 years.

I'm willing to travel, once every year or two, to have actual legit serious matches. You guys should start an Ohio offline league, get like 5-10 serious players and it'd be worth it for other players to travel there.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
@YourMKArcadeSource you should one day host some umk3 casuals or a umk3 tournament at your house man, with your beautiful arcade machines.
If there were ANY MK players at all here in Wichita, I would. There is a "Wichita Fighting Games Association" in Wichita but they don't play anything older than MK9 and they don't know how to play on sticks. I've been trying for years to get some local offline action and there is absolutely nothing here. I'd consider moving to a bigger city with more people, but with literally all my family in Wichita, coupled with me having an aviation job, makes that difficult.

Reactions: nwo
Give me an idea on who would like to start next week? We could start playing Monday nights.
Basically you'd have Monday - Thursday to get your matches in for the weeks.

Ziggy

All of this sounds awesome. I like the idea of an online league coupled with official offline meetups. Or even an offline crew that meets every so often for matches. I'm down for anything.

All of this sounds awesome. I like the idea of an online league coupled with official offline meetups. Or even an offline crew that meets every so often for matches. I'm down for anything.
I think Cincinnati, Columbus, and Chicago are perfect spots

Drakonian

Shady Divizio
I'm down as well but unfortunately I won't be able to travel for meetups as frequently as some of you guys that already reside in that area, I'll be coming from North Carolina.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Too busy with work and life honestly, haven't played UMK3 in months. Plus my connection is ass online anyway. Good luck with this though, it's a good idea.