What's new

UMK3 Tournament - Lindenhurst, Long Island, NY - June 21st

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow what a night. Very long, tournament ran extremely late. Sorry to see 9.95 and Busta had to leave, and a few others couldn't make it. The dual config set up was highly necessary tonight as at least half the matches were played on that machine. The next step I would say to securing a serious potential is getting universal parts for all the machines, perhaps line happs competition at the very least. Otherwise, it was a lot of fun. Anytime there are 4 MK machines and two Capcoms in one house is a good thing. The party seemed to get pretty wicked.

14 total players, I'll post the top 3 for now and I'll go to bed.

1. Joe
2. Zach
3. Shock

Thanks to everyone who showed up, thanks to Michelle for her "assistance" in setting up the brackets. Vids will go up at some point during the week.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Very nice, can't wait for vids.

So that's where you were last night Summoning! ^_^

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
Very nice, can't wait for vids.

So that's where you were last night Summoning! ^_^
Hey yes:) I still have to make up games with ROFL , that was 7 hours of constant MK playing though i admit i played mk2 ALOT yesterday and totally screwed my umk3 timing :)

summoning

Thanks to the Made in NY guys for having us over , that is the ultimate party house we all had a blast!

Thanks alot guys for coming out I really appreciate it I was hanging out and playing for nearly 13 hours yesterday before I finally stopped. Congrats to joe for winning it was nice finally playing different guys than Im used to. Frankie wherever u are u should have been there theres no excuse and to you other guys from the area who play a lot or like to say you play a lot I demand that you show up to our next tournament which will I have set a tentative date for on July 26th. I will make sure we start earlier next time so guys aren't funneling beers and screaming while were trying to play. All in all a real fun night though I want to organize something very big for the near future. Playing on a arcade machine is the way the game is meant to be played so whoever has game put up or shut up and come to the next tournament.

I havent been playing really at all bro, or I would have came. I'm just not super into it as of lately. Kinda wanted to go for the house party but I was so drunk Friday night I didnt walk in the door till 6am, then was hung over all day lol.

July 26th isnt good for me, my buddy is throwing a rave (CyberRaver 3.0) July 25th... those parties usually entail me getting home from Brooklyn at 11am the next day, then sleeping all day lol. Count me out if its that weekend.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Thanks alot guys for coming out I really appreciate it I was hanging out and playing for nearly 13 hours yesterday before I finally stopped. Congrats to joe for winning it was nice finally playing different guys than Im used to. Frankie wherever u are u should have been there theres no excuse and to you other guys from the area who play a lot or like to say you play a lot I demand that you show up to our next tournament which will I have set a tentative date for on July 26th. I will make sure we start earlier next time so guys aren't funneling beers and screaming while were trying to play. All in all a real fun night though I want to organize something very big for the near future. Playing on a arcade machine is the way the game is meant to be played so whoever has game put up or shut up and come to the next tournament.
Noooo!! I'm having my tournament, which YOU guys should come down too in Columbus Ohio;)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Tim my family is going to Virginia that week so that means I have to stick around and watch my grandmother's house, take care of the animals, etc, so I'm not going to be able to go. The next Castle Golf is also slated for either that weekend or before, I don't know if I'll be able to make it either date, most definitely not the 26th.

you guys had four mk machines running and were hitting beer bongs, for 13 hours? That sounds like so much fuckin fun!

LI_Joe

Noob
Whats up guys. Just wanted to make a shout out to everyone who came to the tourny. Most of all Matt and Tim for getting this thing together. Thanks a lot for having me, well everyone at your house to play guys, had a good time all around, thanks a lot bros. Good shit to the Jersey crew trekking out here too. Always a pleasure to be in the presence of all you guys. Nothing but good times and heated conversations in random parking lots at 4 am hahah. Ill see you guys soon

summoning

Whats up guys. Just wanted to make a shout out to everyone who came to the tourny. Most of all Matt and Tim for getting this thing together. Thanks a lot for having me, well everyone at your house to play guys, had a good time all around, thanks a lot bros. Good shit to the Jersey crew trekking out here too. Always a pleasure to be in the presence of all you guys. Nothing but good times and heated conversations in random parking lots at 4 am hahah. Ill see you guys soon
sagat and ryu with canes, you guys can keep dreaming:)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
sagat and ryu with canes, you guys can keep dreaming:)
Nah man, Sagat just hobbles in and then holds the cane up and breaks it with one hand, digging up the strength to fight his last fight. He's like 60 now!

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
got a family vacation the week of the 26th so that one's out for me too!

but anyway DAMN that is a sweet setup you guys got at that house. Pissed me off that I had a prior engagement because I would have loved to stay all night. Things were really kicking into high gear right when I had to leave!!! :(:(:(

But hey, there will be another day and it's just like a 20-minute drive for me so woohooooo

summoning

Nah man, Sagat just hobbles in and then holds the cane up and breaks it with one hand, digging up the strength to fight his last fight. He's like 60 now!
Old Tiger :) but good one and always will remain , none of that other stuff will EVER happen:)

Obviously the date I proposed will not work but no sweat we'll shoot for within the first couple of weeks of august I guess. Anyone who wants to stop by in the mean time is more than welcome. Can't wait to see the match videos man those were some intense matches

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Full results from the Made in NY tournament:

1. Joe
2. Zach
3. Shock
4. Wild Matt
5. Frank
7. Timmy
7. STD
10. Nit
10. Steve
10. Old School Fool
14. Shit Rob
14. Goldberg
14. Nick
14. Walsh

I will go through the tape now and post some vids. Sound I imagine will be bad as the games weren't very loud and music was blasting.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Obviously the date I proposed will not work but no sweat we'll shoot for within the first couple of weeks of august I guess. Anyone who wants to stop by in the mean time is more than welcome. Can't wait to see the match videos man those were some intense matches
Actually, I am 90% sure my tournament wil be moving back about a month to late August/early September.

Shock, Phil should be getting in contact with you (if he hasnt already) about this;)

Noob
I def. can't do July 19 or 26. I run the Castle Golf UMK tourney and that's the tentative date for that one.(I'm going to talk to ArcadEd about having a Made In NY custom stick made for you guys to come and play. It'd be great to have you guys there and make the tourney that much bigger.) August is tough for me only because I have softball playoffs to play on Sundays, and I'm one of the umpires they call to do playoffs on saturdays...I am also going to be in the Bahamas(Atlantis) from August 11-16. The later in August the better for me. I don't want to hold anything up though, and I'm sorry that I couldn't participate for more than just a few casuals at the last one before I had to leave.

I also wanted to say thanks again for inviting me, though I had to go pretty quickly. I had a great time playing some UMK casuals and also a great time playing some Hyper Fighting.

Major choke job by me in the finals I need to avenge those beatings by joe asap hope I dont have to wait to long. I hate xbox but I'll come out to castle golf if i can get a stick. Shock just name the earliest convenient date for you and we'll do it again soon. I want as many top notch players as possible I will take my van and pick guys up if I have to. Once again thanks to all you dudes who did come I had a good time.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The tournaments by no means need to be scheduled around me. For example, if 5 good players can come out on a day I can't, but couldn't on a day I can, then play without me. We'll try and work something out in the mean time.