What's new

UMK3 Re-Made

What if they Re-Made a PERFECT arcade port, with ALL characters from DC and UMK3? Would this be game of the year? Or just be a completely broken piece of crap??

I can imagine combos with batman.. Swing kick, aaHPHP, JK in corner, RH, Bommerang!

Superman.. aaHPHP, JK, Raiden Flying thingyMabobber..

Green lantern.. Small moving laser beam, Blood JK, Laser hit, aaHPHP, JK, Flying beam.

Wonder women.. Idk xD

dreemernj

Ambassador
A perfect arcade port would be awesome. But the MK team doesn't know how to balance a game anymore so if they started adding new characters they would end up breaking the whole thing.

I don't see how hard it could be, just raise the level of damage weak characters do or vice versa for the strong ones. I know thats not the best way to do it, but its a start at least. XBL is for quick easy money, not many companies are going to spend time and money on old arcade games, even if it is one of the best game to ever grace this planet. I wish they had Street Fighters courage...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't see how hard it could be, just raise the level of damage weak characters do or vice versa for the strong ones. I know thats not the best way to do it, but its a start at least. XBL is for quick easy money, not many companies are going to spend time and money on old arcade games, even if it is one of the best game to ever grace this planet. I wish they had Street Fighters courage...
There are tons of simple things that could be done, raising/lowering damage and adding/removing damage protection would only need to be done for a few characters in very specific situations. I don't think Midway is up for the task, although I can't see an arcade quality remix of MKT including all animations from all games doing anything but sell a lot of copies on live.

Houzi

Noob
What if they Re-Made a PERFECT arcade port, with ALL characters from DC and UMK3? Would this be game of the year? Or just be a completely broken piece of crap??

I can imagine combos with batman.. Swing kick, aaHPHP, JK in corner, RH, Bommerang!

Superman.. aaHPHP, JK, Raiden Flying thingyMabobber..

Green lantern.. Small moving laser beam, Blood JK, Laser hit, aaHPHP, JK, Flying beam.

Wonder women.. Idk xD
Good post, sounds like an awesome idea. It really seems like it would be 1 million times better than the new 3D one.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I was always led to believe the formal name for Raiden's move was the torpedo.
I think torpedo and superman are both accepted about equally by the general public. As for official name, my MK1 for SNES manual calls it the Flying Tunderbolt. But he was also a mystical warrior in that, not a god. And they called him Rayden.

Roundhouses and Sweeps were also grouped together as "Spinning Moves" which I thought was a bit funny.

I had always thought it was called body launch lol but that would be wierd, body launch is more like a move of Dr B in Tekken 3