What's new

umk3 mame issues

hey guys, i was wondering if i could get some suggestions.i have exhausted all my options so far.

anyone play umk3 on kaillera on a constant basis or do most umk3 players play on xbox?

my mames are not recognizing my umk3 roms, even after i audit the games. i have 1 particular mame that has umk3 working, but i cannot seem to also set up buttons on my ps3 sixaxis.

my buttons are set fine for mk2 but when i try to set them up in umk3 i cant figure out for example "p1 button 1" would be what? and so on for the rest.

and the umk3 rom that does work, seems to only be recognized in my p2p mame.

would anyone be willing to share their current running mame with me? kind of an odd request i know,lol.

its driving me nuts! i know a site where you can upload your files and then send me a link to download,the whole process wouldnt be more then 10 or 15 minutes.like i said, kind of a crazy request.

thanks.

hey guys, i was wondering if i could get some suggestions.i have exhausted all my options so far.

anyone play umk3 on kaillera on a constant basis or do most umk3 players play on xbox?

my mames are not recognizing my umk3 roms, even after i audit the games. i have 1 particular mame that has umk3 working, but i cannot seem to also set up buttons on my ps3 sixaxis.

my buttons are set fine for mk2 but when i try to set them up in umk3 i cant figure out for example "p1 button 1" would be what? and so on for the rest.

and the umk3 rom that does work, seems to only be recognized in my p2p mame.

would anyone be willing to share their current running mame with me? kind of an odd request i know,lol.

its driving me nuts! i know a site where you can upload your files and then send me a link to download,the whole process wouldnt be more then 10 or 15 minutes.like i said, kind of a crazy request.

thanks.
what it means by P1 button 1 is what button do you wanna assign for the button no. 1 which is i think low kick or low punch

i know that part of it but no matter what button i assign it to, it doesnt come out right. i set up my mk2 but cannot setup umk3 buttons, its the same thing but with run

oBryant

Noob
no its not.. Bob what you want to do is assign p1 button 1 for NUMBPAD 1 then test it out to see what it does then assign it to whatever else you want.. like for me
p1 button 1 is highpunch
square for PS, X for xbox

then button 2 is high kick
triangle for ps, y for xbox

button 3 is block
R1 ps, RB for xbox

button 4 is low punch
X for ps, A for xbox

button 5 is lowkick
circle for ps, B for xbox

button 6 is run
L1 ps, LB xbox

this is just from memory im not sure but you can always assign them to number pad and then see which does what then assign them to your controller

Tim Static

Adminerator
no, button 3 is HK.

1 - HP
2 - Block
3 - HK
4 - LP
5 - LK
6 - RN (another BLK if your playing MK1 or 2)

Also, I too, am having troubles to get my Sixaxis working on Mame....

oBryant

Noob
no, button 3 is HK.

1 - HP
2 - Block
3 - HK
4 - LP
5 - LK

yeah i know but button 2 is listed as 3 and 3 as 2.. on mame 32k hacked version

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Moved to general discussion. You might be playing UMK3, but this is a software issues that has little or nothing to do with the game.

OMG, im sooo dumb, i missed all these responses, thanks to each one of you and your help. im gonna try all these suggestions when i get home, thanks guys you rule! hopefully i can get on umk3 tonight!

how many players play umk3 on kaillera? anyone need a rag doll to beat up on until i get my flow back?,lol

thanks again guys and also, sorry for posting this in the wrong thread section, ill have pay attention to correct locations,thanks guys, i think this will help. i will try when i get home.

no, button 3 is HK.

1 - HP
2 - Block
3 - HK
4 - LP
5 - LK

Tim, run the drivers, plug it in, then go to command prompt, type this:

"ps3sixaxis_en.exe" then after that, hit PS button,wham!

OMG, im sooo dumb, i missed all these responses, thanks to each one of you and your help. im gonna try all these suggestions when i get home, thanks guys you rule! hopefully i can get on umk3 tonight!

how many players play umk3 on kaillera? anyone need a rag doll to beat up on until i get my flow back?,lol

thanks again guys and also, sorry for posting this in the wrong thread section, ill have pay attention to correct locations,thanks guys, i think this will help. i will try when i get home.
i dont mind playing you add me on [email protected] or Yasrab1214 on AOL or [email protected] and ill play you for a lil while

oBryant

Noob
umm i would play but this computer sucks extra balls and my mame is acting stupid.. when i start the game and hit tab to set buttons the menu doesnt show up.. but ill play sfiii3 on ps2! (Akuma favorite combo: ducking Mk, QCB-LK, FDF-HP, JK, DF DF HK super special finisher!)

sounds good, just to let you know i do NOT have xbox, just kaillera for umk3 and even right now its got issues. i need someone to get me back in shape in umk3, i dont care who it is and how pro they are, i need to take some beatins to get adjusted.

i was a pretty damn descent umk3 player, im out of date and rusty as fars as 100% combos (ill have to learn them asap) and "rush down jab pressure" with run.

what should i be looking for and what should i be practising to get the skills back and a bag of chips?

i just need to be doing 100%'ers and need to get the "run, rush down jab pressure"

AFTER ALL, I DIDNT GET A NIGHTWOLF VERSE SCREEN TATTOO IN 97' FOR NOTHING!!!!!

umm i would play but this computer sucks extra balls and my mame is acting stupid.. when i start the game and hit tab to set buttons the menu doesnt show up.. but ill play sfiii3 on ps2! (Akuma favorite combo: ducking Mk, QCB-LK, FDF-HP, JK, DF DF HK super special finisher!)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats why i need someone elses mame for this game, even when i try to put new rom in, it doesnt work,WTF!!!!!!!! thats it, im putting a deadline on this crap,tonight i will be on umk3, or bust!

LMFAO LOSER ha hah just kiddin buddy.. i wish i could play some umk3 with ya but i deleted mame cus my computer has to many viruses

yeah it could also be viewed on the sad side,lol. well when your young and drunk and a free tattoo guy is their asking you what you want and everyone is getting great tattoos, the only thing i could think of was nightwolf,lol.

it was at a party and really in like a split second i have a guy giving me a tattoo, he does amazing work,he is or was a pro, 1997 this was. but its cool, i could have easily removed it but it looks good.

Tim Static

Adminerator
yeah it could also be viewed on the sad side,lol. well when your young and drunk and a free tattoo guy is their asking you what you want and everyone is getting great tattoos, the only thing i could think of was nightwolf,lol.

it was at a party and really in like a split second i have a guy giving me a tattoo, he does amazing work,he is or was a pro, 1997 this was. but its cool, i could have easily removed it but it looks good.
pic? ;)

ok, i guess this officially makes me a loser. what can i say,it was 11 years ago and i met someone who gives good tattoos, this picture actually kinda sucks because it is a detailed tattoo, it is very in depth but you cannot tell because its the picture came out like shit,if you saw it in person you would think it has very good shading and good detail

i added the axe and the dragon. what can i say,lol. i guess even my body will have this shit on my arm long after im 50 years dead,lol.

so yeah, at times i have been obsessed with the game, but this is all from the arcade old school days, when shit was tough! man we had a crew of 8 or so that would roll around looking for machines and where the competition was, from like 93 to 97 was fun! we even had a rival group that were pretty good, we would always be on the hunt. there were 3 or 4 spots and a coupld tiny spots were players would always play.

ok, i guess this officially makes me a loser. what can i say,it was 11 years ago and i met someone who gives good tattoos, this picture actually kinda sucks because it is a detailed tattoo, it is very in depth but you cannot tell because its the picture came out like shit,if you saw it in person you would think it has very good shading and good detail

i added the axe and the dragon. what can i say,lol. i guess even my body will have this shit on my arm long after im 50 years dead,lol.

so yeah, at times i have been obsessed with the game, but this is all from the arcade old school days, when shit was tough! man we had a crew of 8 or so that would roll around looking for machines and where the competition was, from like 93 to 97 was fun! we even had a rival group that were pretty good, we would always be on the hunt. there were 3 or 4 spots and a coupld tiny spots were players would always play.

niice did you manage to get your mame working.

oBryant

Noob

i hope nightwolf is your favorite lmfao

i hope nightwolf is your favorite lmfao
oh yeah, always was favorite next to,kung lao, reptile, kabal, H smoke. i would never remove it, i dont want anyone to think i regret getting this tattoo, i still love it! i dont care what anyone thinks, im a kombat head for life! even in my grave, ill still have kombat ,LMAO!

niice did you manage to get your mame working.
i had some different things going on last night and did not get a chance to try to resolve the issues, tonight i will. i forgot that last night i had to meet up with my battlefield crew.

but, tonight its on! and SYAK, as soon as i get it running im hitting you up for some games.

i had some different things going on last night and did not get a chance to try to resolve the issues, tonight i will. i forgot that last night i had to meet up with my battlefield crew.

but, tonight its on! and SYAK, as soon as i get it running im hitting you up for some games.
where you from and whats the time over there