What's new

UMK3 HD RMX next?

What should be next?

• Total voters

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
I believe Ed should do UMK3 HD remix or have someone else do it thats qualified enough to rebalance/add chars. I think it would have a bigger impact than MKvDC. What do you think should be next?

Something that plays like UMK3, but has update sick graphics and maybe add in some cool new fatalities and balance out characters like Rain and Noob, add in Raiden, etc. That would be great.

Basically make MK Trilogy with sick graphics and balance it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
60 fps rendered characters in 2D fighting environment, preserving the engine and collision, at the same time, smoothing out the animation chop but not changing how the game is played at all. Balancing the characters out more would be almost as easy as changing one move per character.

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
and adding things to certain chars to make them better, like adding a damage buff to jade's projectile invuln.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I went through and made a list a couple years about some things that could be done that are relatively simple changes and would close the gap tremendously on many characters.

FILER

Noob
I would play UMK3 Remix until I'm 40. This game would cost nothing to make and they would make a ton of money.

MK vs. DC = dumbest idea in the history of video games.

Who lost their job for this? This game will not sell.

Houzi

Noob
Something that plays like UMK3, but has update sick graphics and maybe add in some cool new fatalities and balance out characters like Rain and Noob, add in Raiden, etc. That would be great.

Basically make MK Trilogy with sick graphics and balance it.
60 fps rendered characters in 2D fighting environment, preserving the engine and collision, at the same time, smoothing out the animation chop but not changing how the game is played at all. Balancing the characters out more would be almost as easy as changing one move per character.
Both sound good to me. Honestly they should do this, we should tell Boon about it or something.

I would play UMK3 Remix until I'm 40. This game would cost nothing to make and they would make a ton of money.

I actually mentioned this to my mom (MK vs DC) and she says "Thats sounds stupid"

MY FUCKING MOM SAID THIS!!!! cmon now

and lol@ 0% for MK vs DC, this games gonna sell lots...promise

ded

Elder God
there is a small chance it could happen, wasnt there a Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix?

Tim Static

Adminerator

As much as I agree with you about how well it would sell, and how much I personally want nothing but 2-D MK's, but it is gonna sell like crazy, whether we like it or not. Example? MK Armageddon is a fucking terrible fighint game,yet alone a garbage MK game, but just the PS2 verson alone sold over 7 MILLION COPIES. AAnd tha blows my mind. Then again, take the music industry for example. Who at what kind of music is the most popular. Not the type with so to say the most talent invovled, but whatever SELLS. And MK is no different. Sadly. :(

Edit: Correction: The MK franchise has sold over 7 million units during the PS2 cycle (DA, Deception, Armageddon & SM)

The only person that I heard say that it was going pwn was the dude that I used to play 360 with on occasion. He is really into comic books and shit.

So I guess you really have to love MK and DC to really care about it.

It does sound like an interesting game, just not one that I could play every day for a decade or so. I'm pretty much going to look at it as a DC game with MK characters invited to play in it lol

And as for asking your mom. I could tell almost any girl that I won $10,000 dollars in a tournament and they would still think it was stupid.
LOL

Azuro

Noob
As much as I agree with you about how well it would sell, and how much I personally want nothing but 2-D MK's, but it is gonna sell like crazy, whether we like it or not. Example? MK Armageddon is a fucking terrible fighint game,yet alone a garbage MK game, but just the PS2 verson alone sold over 7 MILLION COPIES. AAnd tha blows my mind. Then again, take the music industry for example. Who at what kind of music is the most popular. Not the type with so to say the most talent invovled, but whatever SELLS. And MK is no different. Sadly. :(

LOL
You're kidding about the MKA selling 7 mil on PS2...

Tim Static

Adminerator
Your right, my bad. I mean that the MK franchise has sold over 7 million units durig the PS2 cycle (DA, Deception, Armageddon & SM).

But yeah, 4 different titles over 7 million is impressive.

Follow the $$$.....

FILER

Noob
I actually mentioned this to my mom (MK vs DC) and she says "Thats sounds stupid"

MY FUCKING MOM SAID THIS!!!! cmon now

and lol@ 0% for MK vs DC, this games gonna sell lots...promise
What are you even talking about? This post makes zero sense...especially since you quoted my post.

Anyway...

I think if they had a MK II or UMK3 HD remix with extra chars like balanced out saibot and rain and whatnot...with internet gameplay and made it like the Xbox arcade version and put it on MK Vs DC....

every MK fan/non MK fan would be happy and we could all go about life.

but boon said it wanted to focus on this game...

so get ready for some awesome single player fighting of the DC realm....

i'll fuck them up

Derek

Noob
I think we should all just face the facts and admit to ourselves that the golden age of MK is long gone and we won't have good MK game ever.

I think we should all just face the facts and admit to ourselves that the golden age of MK is long gone and we won't have good MK game ever.

Because almost everyone here is so fucking close minded and can't get over the fact that there isn't going to be another game like the 2d MK's.

FILER

Noob
Because almost everyone here is so fucking close minded and can't get over the fact that there isn't going to be another game like the 2d MK's.
This isn't being close minded...but rather optimistic. How many SF fans do you think said they would never have a new 2d SF game? I'm assuming lots. UMK3 has been released for Xbox live and the DS recently...if SF can have a remix, why are YOU so close minded to the fact that UMK3 could too?

This isn't being close minded...but rather optimistic. How many SF fans do you think said they would never have a new 2d SF game? I'm assuming lots. UMK3 has been released for Xbox live and the DS recently...if SF can have a remix, why are YOU so close minded to the fact that UMK3 could too?
I wasn't talking about having a remake, jackass.

I was talking about the quality, not the visual presentation of the game.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
People seem to throw around the phrase "close minded" a bit too much. Most of the time, education and experience lead to decisions, and not ignorance.

FILER

Noob
I wasn't talking about having a remake, jackass.

I was talking about the quality, not the visual presentation of the game.
This entire thread, including the title is about the remake.

The remake would be a NEW 2d MK game, thus making it a good QUALITY game. Nice try though.

Go color or something.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I just cant stop thinking about how awesoe a new 2-D MK culd be, especially with the graphic power of these next-gen systems.

Imagaine all the detail, all the thins that UMK3 didnt have, graphics wise.

Imagine all the characters they could have, and NEVER run out of room and then make 8 male ninjas look the say with a pallette swap.

And on top of it, how cheap it would be to make it.