What's new

UMK3 Dedicated Bartop

axeman87

Noob
Looks nice mate.

Curious about the finish though. The paint job looks really grainy, but that could just be the pictures since they can be deceiving.

Personally I'd like it nice and smooth with no grain at all for this type of thing (be different if you were actually doing a timber finish), so I would be giving it at least 3 more coats, sanding in between with fine (600) grit, then finish it up doing the same process with clear gloss finish.

Of course, if this is how you want it, just tell me to FO! :D

Looks nice mate.

Curious about the finish though. The paint job looks really grainy, but that could just be the pictures since they can be deceiving.

Personally I'd like it nice and smooth with no grain at all for this type of thing (be different if you were actually doing a timber finish), so I would be giving it at least 3 more coats, sanding in between with fine (600) grit, then finish it up doing the same process with clear gloss finish.

Of course, if this is how you want it, just tell me to FO! :D
Hey,

Thanks for the tips man :), especially the sanding (I was wondering which one to use). At first, it was the idea to make it look smooth (like a real arcade), but after this coat, I liked it this way, timber and raw. But it would not be the same for a real size arcade cabinet.

Sorry for the quality of the photos, I'll do a really nice one when the bartop's finished.
Here are two new shots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75883606@N05/7009599055/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75883606@N05/6863486794/

Left side is painted and right side is red tape, I think I'll use the tape. This is not the definitive logo of course.

I ordered the Joystick, PCB and Push Buttons last week and can't wait to receive them. I need to buy speakers with a tiny subwoofer or Vibration Speaker if it works fine, if anybody knows about this things...

Close to the end.

axeman87

Noob
Nice mate, looking good. See you went for the authentic American style concave buttons and bat top.

Should be able to find that cable easy enough. Just Google it mate and you'll find something close to you.