What's new

UMK3 and Garou onlines

CanoCano

Noob
Hello and good evening everyone, i'll be hosting a Beginner Only, Round Robin based online tournament for UMK3 on Fightcade in a server and a good friend of mine will be hosting a similar Garou MOTW tournament a few weeks before the UMK3 one
If you'd like to participate or expectate us then feel free to join

Remember that UMK3 veterans aren't allowed to participate directly in the tourney but they can help actual participants with practice and advice before it if they wish to do so

I'll post the VOD here for both events when they're finished

MRIGOTBASS

Hello and good evening everyone, i'll be hosting a Beginner Only, Round Robin based online tournament for UMK3 on Fightcade in a server and a good friend of mine will be hosting a similar Garou MOTW tournament a few weeks before the UMK3 one
If you'd like to participate or expectate us then feel free to join

Remember that UMK3 veterans aren't allowed to participate directly in the tourney but they can help actual participants with practice and advice before it if they wish to do so

I'll post the VOD here for both events when they're finished
Dude I hate to break this to you lol, your talking about a 35 year old game, at this point all that's left is us crack headed veterans still willing to touch this game lol. In all my years this is a first I ever herd of some ish like this LOL. SMH lol

CanoCano

Noob
Dude I hate to break this to you lol, your talking about a 35 year old game, at this point all that's left is us crack headed veterans still willing to touch this game lol. In all my years this is a first I ever herd of some ish like this LOL. SMH lol
Kiss my ass

Last edited:

CanoCano

Noob
Sick to see, it’s always good to try and reach out to new players and stuff like this does a ton
Both Garou and MK are very unpopular in that server (compared to GG, Tekken and SF) so the tournout for them has been a very pleasant surprise, i already ran a preliminary announcement on there last month and 6 people signed in already
Wouldn't be surprised if the UMK3 tourney turned into a series that covers multiple games like the Garou one
We also hosts a bi-monthly Strive tournament if you're interested in that

CanoCano

Noob
Top 4 for the first installment of Midway Megamix is done! While two people had to drop out at the last minute and we saw a lot of technical issues in the first few sets everyone did their very best and had lots of fun
The next game i'll host will be MK2 on the 9th of September! And better yet all skill levels will be allowed

MRIGOTBASS

aaaa
Top 4 for the first installment of Midway Megamix is done! While two people had to drop out at the last minute and we saw a lot of technical issues in the first few sets everyone did their very best and had lots of fun
The next game i'll host will be MK2 on the 9th of September! And better yet all skill levels will be allowed

View attachment 21876
4 People LOL

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
A lot more than the people who love you
You mean @MRIGOTBASS who is one of the most influential UMK3 players ever & one of the best UMK3 players ever when he was in his prime? He (along with @Juggs) is one of the biggest experts of UMK3 who still come to TYM & some veteran players of that era like myself value his expertise & his opinions on the game. Bass is loved around these parts.

CanoCano

Noob
You mean @MRIGOTBASS who is one of the most influential UMK3 players ever & one of the best UMK3 players ever when he was in his prime? He (along with @Juggs) is one of the biggest experts of UMK3 who still come to TYM & some veteran players of that era like myself value his expertise & his opinions on the game. Bass is loved around these parts.
Idgaf about his contributions or if he found the cure for cancer he's just being a dick for no reason right now

MRIGOTBASS

Idgaf about his contributions or if he found the cure for cancer he's just being a dick for no reason right now
Im not, just saying bro that I know for a fact there are no new players to UMK3, Its an old mans game, our community has not had a new participant in the offline events ever, its all established older players. I am just saying I think its cool you want to do a tournament, I just know that there is not a plethora of new players, thats all I was saying.

CanoCano

Noob
Im not, just saying bro that I know for a fact there are no new players to UMK3, Its an old mans game, our community has not had a new participant in the offline events ever, its all established older players. I am just saying I think its cool you want to do a tournament, I just know that there is not a plethora of new players, thats all I was saying.
And that is exactly what that tournament was for, to help bring in new people to the scene, it succeeded at that as well
While the players did have some surface level knowledge of the game from hearing me talk about it this was their first serious outing into the Midway games and now they're here to stay since they loved it
We're practicing now for the next tournament on September 9th and that one will be open to all skill levels so if you want to join feel free to, there's no denying that you're a very good player but you just did not leave a good first impression on me

MRIGOTBASS

And that is exactly what that tournament was for, to help bring in new people to the scene, it succeeded at that as well
While the players did have some surface level knowledge of the game from hearing me talk about it this was their first serious outing into the Midway games and now they're here to stay since they loved it
We're practicing now for the next tournament on September 9th and that one will be open to all skill levels so if you want to join feel free to, there's no denying that you're a very good player but you just did not leave a good first impression on me
I do apologize for the way the message came across, I am from the old school and tend to be rather direct and to the point. My bad, thanks for your support of UMK3