What's new

UMK3 2on2 on Tourneys?

ded

Elder God
I was always wondering why you guys dont use 2on2 feature? A random mistake could lead into huge combo/infinite/corner trap and the second character is a great opportunity to turn the match into your favor.

I could probably write a guide why i think 2on2 is better, but i just wanted to hear your opinion on this...

AC1984

Kaballin!
I love 2vs2 and I started by playing that mode all the time and I support the idea of having it as part of the tournament.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you have two controllers/sticks for each side, then a 2v2 is very doable. For pad players, we would have to readjust the controls in-game for every set which would be a pain. But we should do this.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
2 on 2 for tournaments would require everyone agreeing on that, and it's inarguable to host a tournament with 1 on 1 since that's default. If the game was 2 on 2 default, that would probably be the way it'd be played. I would be very willing to run 2 on 2 tournaments. The who random mistake costing you the match issue, is just what comes with the territory in all 1 on 1 fighting games...and some multiple character games too. You have to establish other rules like, can you use the same character twice in one match, can you hit the next character as they are coming in or perform glitches that hiccup the gameplay in between. I've tried to run 2 on 2 literal tournaments but they never happen, as in, 2 players vs 2 players teams.

Yeah, I think both 2v2 with 4 players and 2v2 matches would be fun.

I think we should try to get both going.

Coolhand and FA-Q were running all 2v2 when they played at BB3, that must be what they prefer or grew up playing.

ded

Elder God
you are right shock, but i still think 2on2 is one of the best features in the game lol

the only real free hit when the second player comes out is with kabal's aaHP, Spin and sometimes with autocombo finish (but idk when it is safe). all other traps when the second player comes out can be interrupted safely for the second player.

AC told me the main reason is Hsmoke, since you will be forced to use Rsmoke in the next round and thats the most acceptable reason imo ;/

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The Human Smoke/Robot Smoke issue is solved by the new hacks, but yes, that was the main issue for the original. Throws on dead bodies can cause issues, there are some glitches that can be done here and there but I do prefer to play 2 on 2s definitely, especially 2 on 2 teams.

Essentially, if you time a combo properly on a beaten character, you can cause free, unresponsive damage to the incoming player with the right timing, without touching them. I have not tested if blocking with that character does anything, but having to block when you are not being touched by an attacks seems a bit unfair to me.

ngh91

Noob
im setting something up on xboxlive this weekend trying to find someone good and that has a cam to record the vids and put it on youtube.com/theultimatemk if i can have that approval from whoever made that channel and we can try to put those vid's on.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sounds like a good idea, but I don't know if any top players even play on XBL anymore.

ngh91

Noob
i have played you before Konqrr if you want we can do this xbox live tournament for fun can you record any of the match's if we play this weekend?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I can't record, no cam and my computer doesn't like me anymore as it crashes recording programs when I try to use them. Plus, I need to take a loooooong break from games after SBR.