What's new

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9

aj1701

Noob
if they were to make a UMK9 i would like to see the dash canned for a Run meter, and standard normals for everyone!
Personally I like the dash over the run. I think standard normals for everyone would be rather boring too. Seems like it would be too close to all the characters are the same except for their specials..

In Ultimate Mortal Kombat, I want:

- Balanced current fighters
- Balanced new fighters to extend the roster to approx 40
- I want Goro and Kintaro playable, though I really don't care about Shao Khan
- I want three X-Rays to choose from for my fighter before the match so I can counter my opponent
- I want a fourth bar on the meter so Enhanced Moves are more viable and breaking a combo doesn't kill your meter (still 1-E, 2-C, and 3-X)
- I want four fatalities for every fighter
- I want brutalities added if you win each round with full meter
- I want friendships/respects so we don't always have to be an ass
- I want the next part of story along with what we already have
- I want better latency online
- I want a rating system for each fighter I choose online (A+, A, A-, etc ala SFIV)

That's a good start, and yes, yes, yes, I want UMK.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
whats wrong with combo strings? Links suck balls

If anything, they need for 4-hit strings for certain characters

To be completely honest, I wasn't expecting NRS to hit gold with this after what a horrible experience MKvsDC was. But they have blown my mind how good this game came out to be. Don't get me wrong It still has it problems but man... this has got to be the best game I ever played. I've really gotten into this game I play it almost all the time and I'm at the point in my life where video games aren't of any importance anymore but this game, yet with all its problems, has all my attention. I just wish it was more popular everywhere. The only thing that really hurts this game is its online and lack of a good trainer which some people here have already said before. If those things were fixed I think that this game would be alot more popular and we would have stronger scenes. Nobody plays this game where I live so either have to play online or travel(which I'm not afraid to do but these days that costs alot of money). All my losses in this game come from me not knowing matchups and basic fighting game fundamentals. I cant learn these things online. Which means that I have to travel miles from where I live because their is no scene where I live. Im too young to start my own. Who is going to take a 16 year old seriously about creating a competitive fighting game scene? Shit sucks. I read on here somewhere that someone said this game was a stepping stone to something greater. I couldn't agree with that statement more. This game has been one godlike stepping stone. If NRS release a UMK9 with all the problems in this version fixed like the online and trainer, and more awesome features and modes to add on, we might be in for something big. And a MK10 after that? The MK series could take its steps back into the spotlight where it belongs.

Sorry, I didn't mean to write this much. :p
This.

Regardless of whether anyone here would buy it, in order for it to make money it would need a selling point besides "improved mechanics" or even a continuation of the story. Its going to need at least 8 characters, and ones that aren't slated for DLC. 8 more Mortal Kombat characters mind you. MK9 has the essentials covered pretty well. I'm fine with them re-introducing some of the 3D/obscure cast, but they have to hype each one or they will just seem extraneous to people.

So no, I don't think it actually will happen anytime soon, thats just too close to the DA/Arma/etc progression that they burnt everyone out on. They can't go and present an attitude and philosophy like"this is our best Mortal Kombat yet, don't even remind us of the last 10 years" and then go and say "just kidding lol, heres some characters you've never heard of and mechanics casuals wont even care about" and expect people to care. There just isn't enough reason, especially since Kenshi/Skarlet/Rain seem to have had so much work put into them.

Once again back to capcom who promised DLC and people thought "VENOM? GAMBIT?" and of course they were like "nevermind...look over there! check out UMVC3". I knew immediately not to buy MVC3 because I was absolutely positive there would be a "super" MVC. Release UMK9 and nobody will buy MK10 or any of Ed Boons other new projects. They can't just slap NRS on the label and get respect like CAPCOM can, even in the most questionable circumstances. NRS does not need to make the same mistakes they do, even if it means 2 or 3 years between iterations.

Maxter

Noob
there are not infinites in this game, thats why we have the meter filling up as ur character is getting damaged, a lot of fights even go to the last second, even with cyrax that can do the most destructive combos, is not easy to do because you gotta make sure your opponents meters are almost empty. I'm a cyrax user and people complaints destroyed most of his pros, i agreed that they removed his net fall stagger which could lead to another bomb trap, but the bomb trap itself and the auto follow ex kick shouldnt have been removed, this was done so cyrax keeps opponents close to him, cyrax is a high damage dealer but he is easy to zone out and destroy him with just projectiles, he doesnt have low hits starting combos and he is easy to kite, if u know how to play against him. his net doesn't do any damage and dodging bombs is easy, my brothers beat me a lot with him and i use cyrax as nobody else out there, if if somoone thinks he is good with cyrax i challenge that person to beat me and i wont play mirror match, I have others characters i can use to not let him win, you must be very good to play this game is not the character or what your opponents character can do, most of the ability to win a match is on the players mind game, not the characters they use. game is perfect the way it is right now, as long as we dont have blocking infinites in which u cant build metters to break it, the game is perfectly fine and people should give it more time before starting crying, if u dont win a fight against someone try using a different character and if u still lose you are the problem not the game. this is one of the best fighting games out there right now and people gonna destroy it by complaintning about it, if others characters do more damage than others, others might have better starting combos, others might have a better zoning game, and its challenging and thats what makes the game good, if u want a perfectly balanced game go and a game in which you can only pick the same character so there is not different game style, Stop crying and play the best mortal Kombat ever made. I WANT MY BOMB TRAP BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! jK

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Kabal needed an 8 hit dial a combo for MK3 flavor. Him or human smoke.

What they did is make the mk3 stuff inside the combos (EX: shang's b1,2,b1,b4)

i do think some characters should have dial a combo with 8 hits with minimal damage maybe 25%?

btw fuck run meter

Good idea, but not anytime soon. Maybe a year from now, so we can master the New-Style MK mechanics completely and give NRS time to get their shit together, I bet there is tons of shit we have yet to discover. Ideally, the UMK9 would have all the content this one has plus more. Fully balanced, Extra stages, MK3 Style uppercuting into another stage, Maybe an Extra char or two, Useful more in depth training mode, Brutalities fatalities talities what have you, the whole shebang, Classic style choose your destiny arcade mode so we can all have a pissing contest doing speedruns on "Master" difficulty (No hacks please :) ) A real functioning netcode regardless if its GG Pee OH or made in china! As long as it's smooth and playable and doesn't render the game online useless like it is in it's current state. I wouldn;t mind if the story mode or Krypt had to be removed to make all of this possible. Or the stupid kombat koins or challenge tower. Oh and one last thing, Bring back the robot sound effects for the cyborgs man!!!!!

On a side note one user mentioned bringing back the run button, hmmmm. Sounds cool but to be honest I don;t know if that would function well with the new style MK gameplay.

Yes! I would love for them to make an Ultimate MK9 and release it about April 2012, but lets call it Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition. If Capcom can copy off of us then we can copy off of them is how I see it.

And it should be just that, Arcade Edition Style:

No Challenge Tower
No Krypt
No Story Mode

Just Arcade Ladder and VS games.

Should contain all MK9 Characters and DLC Characters and Skins, plus add several more characters, fill out the MK Klassic's List including MK4.

Add the RUN Button
Add Brutalities= And how you perform them is you dont use your "meter" at all, and perform the x-ray move for the finishing move, and it will continue into the Brutality.
Add Friendships=How you perform them is you dont ever use your x-ray move during the match, but super moves are ok.
Add Klassic MK1, MK2, MK3 & MK4 Skins to all characters.

Balance the game fully, and fix all glitches.

And PLEASE get Online play right and worth a F**K!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
after 9 months hell no. after 1 year and a half, 2 years yes.
I don't think anyone will have even the most remote of interest in MK9 in 2 years...it's already stale after 4 months. Over another year and a half? Yeesh. UMK9, pronto. Though they're going to be throwing this on the Wii U and PSP 2 for even more sales though...:(

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Just because Capcom is releasing umvc3 does not mean mk9 has too. Mvc3 was a public beta and full of garbage. Game has not even been out a year and they already planning a new game what does that tell you? Mk9 is not as bad as mvc3. Sure it has it's problems but I would rather them work on mk10 then umk9 so we can get fresh changes. New characters. Better modes of training. NEW STORY!! Etc...

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
I have a hard time imagining what MK10 would be like, without moving to a new generation of hardware. MK9 is pretty much the game I wanted, and I'd kinda rather see its problems fixed than have a whole new set of game mechanics, massive roster changes, etc.

Tim Static

Adminerator
thing is, if they were to really do something like this, it would be a project i would see them starting later this fall, so release could be anywhere from spring to late summer in 2012.

Remember, MK3 & UMK3 were released within a year of each other.