What's new

Strategy Ultimate Kenshi: parts 1-4, by Mayo

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Ultimate Kenshi is a 4-part series created for the advanced Kenshi player looking for more meter, more damage, more frame traps, and matchup advice. If you feel you have a good handle on the character, check these out to level up your game.

Part 1: The Meter Revolution

Part 2: The EX Spirit Charge

Part 3: Unbreakable For The Win

Part 4: Misconception, AA, and Kung Lao

Supplimental: Revised Flurry Combos and JK Combos

And if anyone wants a look behind the scenes, here you go.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
What is f3~overhead slash used for? Is it safe? Is it just for pressure? I don't get it.
It`s a low/overhead mixup, albeit a slow one. And it`s a bit of a mindgame because not only is it safe, TK Slash is only - 7 on block, whereas SC is -10. Slash is a much slower move, so people tend to think it`s more punishable when they block it up close. Then they rush in to punish you and they eat an EX SC in the face.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
It`s a low/overhead mixup, albeit a slow one. And it`s a bit of a mindgame because not only is it safe, TK Slash is only - 7 on block, whereas SC is -10. Slash is a much slower move, so people tend to think it`s more punishable when they block it up close. Then they rush in to punish you and they eat an EX SC in the face.
Guess I should read the frame data, I didn't know it was that good on block. Maybe I will have to start using this a bit up close for some pressure. Jermiah and I were working on the best times to continue pressure when they stay blocking expecting shoulder. I was also doing a bit of dash up throw instead of shoulder (or barge as 16bit calls it)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Guess I should read the frame data, I didn't know it was that good on block. Maybe I will have to start using this a bit up close for some pressure. Jermiah and I were working on the best times to continue pressure when they stay blocking expecting shoulder. I was also doing a bit of dash up throw instead of shoulder (or barge as 16bit calls it)
Kenshi`s throw is pretty good.

Yeah, read the frame data. IT`ll change your game.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Kenshi`s throw is pretty good.

Yeah, read the frame data. IT`ll change your game.