What's new

UFGT9 Update: No Lobo Bro

That I do not think will happen...

SweetJohnnyCage has a lot of thoughts about Injustice though, amirite?
Currently discussing it with KN folks.

Personal opinion, not regarding ECT, it's 11 days. Unless something earth shattering comes out where he's completely unblockable, invincible, and has 9 infinites off of 12 different setups, our plan was to just let him rock and I'd personally just like to see what kind of shit people can get up to with this character.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Currently discussing it with KN folks.

Personal opinion, not regarding ECT, it's 11 days. Unless something earth shattering comes out where he's completely unblockable, invincible, and has 9 infinites off of 12 different setups, our plan was to just let him rock and I'd personally just like to see what kind of shit people can get up to with this character.
I'd ban him to be safe. It's a touchy thing. Something could be found in the next couple days, so I'd squash it now that way no one goes on at the last moment without a character the spent over a week to bring to a tourney.

IMO.

Sent from The Turk

I'd ban him to be safe. It's a touchy thing. Something could be found in the next couple days, so I'd squash it now that way no one goes on at the last moment without a character the spent over a week to bring to a tourney.

IMO.

Sent from The Turk
Right, but the problem with banning Lobo so early is the fact that if someone likes him enough to main him, then why would we want to leave them out? If something is found, THEN we can decide on a ban. Personally, I just think banning him this fast is a little weird. I even felt weird about banning Skarlet but her dagger cancels were off the wall so it was a good thing.

BlasFaMee

If it not LOBO it a NOGO!!! #YoLoBo
LOBO GET'S BANNED ECT = I'M NOT GOING

FUCK UFGT9, BANNING A CHARACTER THE DAY BEFORE IT'S RELASE??? YA'LL SHOULD BAN THE PATCH TOOOO 'CAUSE YOU KNOW IT'S ToOoOO SOON FOR PLAYERS TO ADJUST!! LMAO!!! FUCK OUTTA HERE!!

Noob
NEC 9 - 2008

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix with "Fixed" Akuma allowed in tournament

Akuma had been claimed by Sirlin to have been fixed and made completely tournament viable.

Since NOTHING had been shown in tournament to prove that Akuma would dominate to an unbeatable degree, Akuma was allowed in tournament at HD Remix Tournaments.

Damdai said he was broken and would prove it.

Damdai shows up to NEC 9, mains Akuma, dominates the tournament, proves his point.

Akuma gets banned in future HDR tournaments.

THIS is how you ban characters. If they're broken, you prove it with dominating tournament wins unless BEFORE a tournament happens something TOTALLY unfixable, broken, inescapable and dominating is found. (and proven)

Skarlet's dagger cancels were a prime example of this and that was a good pre-ban.

Otherwise, pre-bans are not great ideas.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I thought in 2011 pre-EVO the main reason Skarlet and Kenshi were banned was because EVO banned them.

I think normally this is the safer route but all other chars are 3 weeks old so theres probably an equal chance Lobo is messed up as any of the other chars. Since the game is so new I would have been cool with DLC allowed immediately since every char is just a new as the next.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This is an honest question as I don't actually play the game, but can anyone else do something similar?
Thats definitely above average dmg, but if hes a slower/floaty jump character like grundy (grundy can get 55-60% off an overhead 1 bar as well I believe), that may be why his dmg is so high.

BlasFaMee

If it not LOBO it a NOGO!!! #YoLoBo
NEC 9 - 2008

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix with "Fixed" Akuma allowed in tournament

Akuma had been claimed by Sirlin to have been fixed and made completely tournament viable.

Since NOTHING had been shown in tournament to prove that Akuma would dominate to an unbeatable degree, Akuma was allowed in tournament at HD Remix Tournaments.

Damdai said he was broken and would prove it.

Damdai shows up to NEC 9, mains Akuma, dominates the tournament, proves his point.

Akuma gets banned in future HDR tournaments.

THIS is how you ban characters. If they're broken, you prove it with dominating tournament wins unless BEFORE a tournament happens something TOTALLY unfixable, broken, inescapable and dominating is found. (and proven)

Skarlet's dagger cancels were a prime example of this and that was a good pre-ban.

Otherwise, pre-bans are not great ideas.
^^^THIS RIGHT HERE^^^ /no homo/ pero, I love you nigga.. I'm deff gonna have to start making it out to support VSM's shit..

I thought in 2011 pre-EVO the main reason Skarlet and Kenshi were banned was because EVO banned them.

I think normally this is the safer route but all other chars are 3 weeks old so theres probably an equal chance Lobo is messed up as any of the other chars. Since the game is so new I would have been cool with DLC allowed immediately since every char is just a new as the next.
This factors into my opinion as well. Everything is so fresh and there's only been 2-3 weeks of tournaments so far.