What's new

Question U3, 4 String

Mosp

Noob
Is there a reason you can't dash and do this string? I've tried it dozens of times with no success. I can do it standing still every time but once I dash or even just walk forward and try to input it only the U3 will come out. Is this intended?

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
that U3 is funny...I only use it to start off punish combos. I will try this dash first then u3 tho. Wait arent the execution frames on u3 like 19?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So u34 IS a funky string? Good, I was starting to worry it was me.

Fucking drives me crazy. Try to do U34 into iADagger and end up with a blocked U3 Teleport and I eat fists.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
RedRaptor uses u3, then u3 dagger to start things I think (more so as a punish). I don't ever see people finish the u34.

Mosp

Noob
Ya I know U3 is really good and is used in combos but I was just wondering why the full string is so weird and inconsistent. It might have more uses if it wasn't for that.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I'll double check tonight in some testing, but I don't believe there's any reason to complete the U3,4 combo, ever. You can make some interesting combo's in the corner with it, and it's possible to link a combo off of U3,4,DF1, but it requires meter and isn't worth it. If you're connecting with U3, you can complete into U3 U3,DF1 xx 3,DF1- xx 2,3,DF3,4 or 1,1,2.

You can dash into U3. You can't dash into U3,4. It used to be that you couldn't dash into U3, but that was a bug and was fixed. U3,4 isn't intended to be able to be dashed into.

Mosp

Noob
I'll double check tonight in some testing, but I don't believe there's any reason to complete the U3,4 combo, ever. You can make some interesting combo's in the corner with it, and it's possible to link a combo off of U3,4,DF1, but it requires meter and isn't worth it. If you're connecting with U3, you can complete into U3 U3,DF1 xx 3,DF1- xx 2,3,DF3,4 or 1,1,2.

You can dash into U3. You can't dash into U3,4. It used to be that you couldn't dash into U3, but that was a bug and was fixed. U3,4 isn't intended to be able to be dashed into.
Why is it not intended to be dashed into? Are there any other strings in the game that have the same properties where they can't be dashed into? This just makes no sense to me.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Why is it not intended to be dashed into? Are there any other strings in the game that have the same properties where they can't be dashed into? This just makes no sense to me.
No idea. But if it wasn't intended, I figure NRS would've fixed it. Flawed logic, but it's all we have to go on, 'cause they DID patch dash into U3, so they could've patched dash into U3,4 presumably.