What's new

TYM's misc SF GG's Thread

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Use this thread to post GGS comments for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Mame/GGPO) or SSF2T High Definition Remix (PSN/XBL), Street Fighter Alpha series (Mame/GGPO), SFEX series (Mame/GGPO?), and other games of this genre.

GGS to B-W1zZ, Shogun and dsinnie on SSF2T (OG) on Mame

GGS to B-W1zZ, REO, Shogun and dsinnie on SFA3 on Mame

Feel free to sticky this thread, Moderators

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
VGGS to S1LENT1 tonight on SSF2THDR.... A most excellent series for several hours as the onslaught continued. Thank you very much for both the mental and physical challenges for me to keep up. I am very gald you streamed these matches and I firmly believe it is a great contribution to this community in addition to your always positive attitude and strong-minded competitiveness. You are a very important asset to this community whether you realize it or not and I wish I could have the focus and mentality you exude. In addition to the events of this evening, i take back everything I ever said about 1-character users as I witnessed you having an unquestionable ability to use many more characters than I ever suspected. Guile may be your best character, however you proved to me that you can manipulate a number of characters at high-velocity competitively and thus earning your right with ME......to use whomever you prefer without question of ability.

VGGS as well to Dark Rob.... I was phenomenally impressed with your assertive attitude and will to continue to indulge in brutal matches to reach a utopia-type of zone where your mind could focus not on the wins or losses nor the severity of attack but on the one thing that matters at the time.....what is going on in the match at the present time. You have always known I have had an unquestionable amount of respect for you and tonight my level of respect sky-rocketed in addition to that. I am very sorry that I had to stop when you were really getting better and kicking the living dog-shit outta me, but i needed a break after damn near 4 hours of HDR pl....lol. I hope this was inspirational to you and i hope to see you taking advantage of the option to play this game w/ us online, despite it's short-comings as it will only make you better. It IS frustrating, but in all actuality, the safer an opponent is due to online lag/delay, the SHARPER it makes your reaction time thus making you a better player and eventually causing total abomination for those who can endure the mental torture of it all.

Cheers, Brothas

Dark_Rob

Noob
GGs Arez GOW and Silent1 in SSF2THDR. Very fun matches guys. I dont play this game alot because im such a UMK3 whore but everytime I do play HDR Im like "wow this game is great" I had alot of fun guys.
And thanks for the words of encouragement Arez, but it wasnt will or drive that kept me playing. Win or lose I was just having a good time playing. And Il say HDR plays pretty damn decent online.
And yea its all good that you had to go. I was getting sleepy to. In fact, I believe beddy bye awaits lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Dude, I'll play some HDR! Lemme know next time you guys jump on.

Pistol

Noob
It's hard for me to understand, how you can play someone in Cali when you're East Coast, and actually enjoy it.

Noob
It's hard for me to understand, how you can play someone in Cali when you're East Coast, and actually enjoy it.
Believe it or not, HDR has the best netplay I've ever experienced... truly amazing technology and very playable on most connections.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Believe it or not, HDR has the best netplay I've ever experienced... truly amazing technology and very playable on most connections.
As far as console goes, HDR's netcode is boss.

Pistol

Noob
2 different sides of the U.S. doesn't qualify as playable connection to me. I play reaction based. Isn't HDR ggpo?

Noob
2 different sides of the U.S. doesn't qualify as playable connection to me. I play reaction based. Isn't HDR ggpo?
Pistol, before you go anywhere else with this, you are talking to the #1 supporter of offline play on this site... I ABHOR online play... however, HDR stunned me with it's online play. I was very impressed by it and the rare times I do play online, it's HDR or a futile attempt at UMK3 to appease someone else.

And no, HDR is not GGPO, but Final Fight Double Impact is.

Also, don't go entirely based on this guy's opinion...just as you shouldn't go entirely based on my opinion. Keep in mind that this guy might not have had his router properly configured, or his PC could have been slow, or his opponents could have been slow... there are so many factors when playing GGPO that could cause lag, delay or slowdown that you just simply can't trust one person's opinion.

Pistol

Noob
Also, don't go entirely based on this guy's opinion...just as you shouldn't go entirely based on my opinion. Keep in mind that this guy might not have had his router properly configured, or his PC could have been slow, or his opponents could have been slow... there are so many factors when playing GGPO that could cause lag, delay or slowdown that you just simply can't trust one person's opinion.
I'm not going off his opinion, I'm going off my opinion, but I didn't have a video ready. I could've swore ggpo was affiliated with HDR's netcode.

Noob
I'm not going off his opinion, I'm going off my opinion, but I didn't have a video ready. I could've swore ggpo was affiliated with HDR's netcode.
Taken from: http://www.capcom-unity.com/mr2nique/blog/2010/04/16/final_fight:_double_impact_-_ggpo_netcode

Date of Blog: Friday, April 16, 2010
Release date of Final Fight Double Impact: April 14, 2010

"A while back Capcom invited me to their San Mateo Headquarters to check out the networking code in Final Fight: Double Impact. Final Fight is the first console title from Capcom to use GGPO, and I jumped at the chance to see it in action and provide some tips on how to improve things before the title (shipped)."

Release date of SSF2THDR: November 25, 2008

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Ok 1st of all, Pete...that video was HILARIOUS!!! That guy had me ROFL. Good shit, but I know nothing about GGPO to comment on it, so I'll just take my LOL's and be happy :D We need to play some more HDR again soon Petey....i miss that Cammy, dude!

@ Phil and Dontay - you guys are always welcome to play HDR w/ us, it's just that we played from about 1:30 am to 4:30 am and alot of people are sleeping at that time. The reason this usually happens like this is because when playing EC vs WC their 3 hour time difference makes this a more appropriate time for them, as well as allowing a better cross-country connection since not nearly as many people are using the servers that late. Same applies for any other online play. What's the latest I can call your cell, Phil? Also, is there a better way to get ahold of you as well Dontay since we don't have a SB at TYM currently and PM/VM isn't very timely? I have been trying to get u guys to use the BLACK DRAGON shoutbox for weeks now and we went to a lot of work to make it appealing and easy-to-use for everyone....it's SOMETHING for now and it allows for instant match-making.

Again, here is a direct link to the SB : http://blackdragonmk.cbox.ws/

Also, link to Clan thread for more details and access to our site itself: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?1179-The-Black-Dragon-Official-Clan-Thread

Pistol

Noob
We need to play some more HDR again soon Petey....i miss that Cammy, dude!
[/url]
I play Cammy? I remember us doing random select.

Add "ExecDecision", I'm not really on that late anymore.

I don't like playing anyone west of Iowa, and south of Virginia. Aren't you PA?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2008/08/29/ggpo_networking_guru_talks_sf_hd_remix_

I knew ggpo was involved in some capacity. The people who made ggpo were consulted for HDR's netcode, and it's very similar to it.

I'm not saying it's a bad netcode, I believe it's decent, I just don't think it's good enough to play people on the opposite side of the U.S.