What's new

TYM's creative visual arts discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Partially inspired by @Decay's phenomenal sketchbook thread, I thought it would be nice for us all to have a place to share and discuss any of our visual creative pieces - whether it's photography, filmography, art, sketches, sculptures, cosplay, graphic design, whatever! I'm hoping to unearth some talent that I'm sure is buried out there!

Only rules I'd like people to abide by:
1. Obviously don't post anything explicit. This will lead to an immediate ban as per the site rules. If you are unsure, feel free to PM me your work and I'll let you know whether or not it can be posted.

2. Only post original content, please don't post anyone's work that's not your own.

3. Don't spam.

So, to start things off, I've recently taken up photography as a hobby. I've only taken my camera out twice, and I'm still very much learning, but these are some of my favourite pictures so far:

Trying out my macro lens:

Two shots from an old salt house near me (drawn to the place for obvious reasons):

Nothing special about this next shot, but just shows off how beautiful South Wales is:

Two selective colour pics shot from my phone, both with bokeh effect (first a lot stronger than the second):

So, please feel free to post your own stuff! I'm hoping that this thread could turn into a nice showcase of what the people of TYM have to offer

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I have some of my films up on YouTube if anyone wants to check them out. Here is one I made a week ago, testing out an old lens I own.

And this is something I filmed last September.

Plenty more videos on my channel as well if those caught anyone's interest.
Subbed earlier. Looking forward to checking them out!

@SneakyTortoise That photography is lit, my younger brother does photography also so that's awesome

@AeroGrunt Going to sub, awesome visuals. My younger brother also does vlogs so he'll love this

I have my own artwork, but nothing recent. I'm heading to school later today so I'll upload my Goku vs. Genos manga fight that I worked on a while back.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
P.S. @Aero, are you going to cook up a "Year of Injustice 2" vid? :p
Haha, I just had a conversation about this with SneakyTortoise not too long ago.

It's pretty unlikely unfortunately. Nowadays I have rent and bills to pay to really have the time to spend on something I ultimately won't get paid for, unlike back when I made the first one when I was still living with my parents. I spent over a month editing the first one almost daily and it still didn't end up as good as I wanted. The reaction and feedback to the first one was absolutely worth it though don't get me wrong, and I hate to even mention money, but I have too much stuff going on nowadays to put something like that together just for fun. BUT if I do end up enjoying the game a lot I just might see if I could put something together again, who knows. Just pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition yesterday so I'm definitely excited!

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
@SneakyTortoise That photography is lit, my younger brother does photography also so that's awesome

@AeroGrunt Going to sub, awesome visuals. My younger brother also does vlogs so he'll love this

I have my own artwork, but nothing recent. I'm heading to school later today so I'll upload my Goku vs. Genos manga fight that I worked on a while back.
Man @SneakyTortoise, those photos are absolutely beautiful.

P.S. @Aero, are you going to cook up a "Year of Injustice 2" vid? :p
Thanks for the kind words guys :) I'm only just getting started in photography, so expect some better pictures in the future, as well as hopefully some cool tournament pics.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Haha, I just had a conversation about this with SneakyTortoise not too long ago.

It's pretty unlikely unfortunately. Nowadays I have rent and bills to pay to really have the time to spend on something I ultimately won't get paid for, unlike back when I made the first one when I was still living with my parents. I spent over a month editing the first one almost daily and it still didn't end up as good as I wanted. The reaction and feedback to the first one was absolutely worth it though don't get me wrong, and I hate to even mention money, but I have too much stuff going on nowadays to put something like that together just for fun. BUT if I do end up enjoying the game a lot I just might see if I could put something together again, who knows. Just pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition yesterday so I'm definitely excited!
Makes sense. How much would your time cost to put together something like that? :p

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I take pics of statues I have. Been holding off on anything new while I try and figure out how to break out from solid backgrounds. Finally got a more suitable lens and several statues in waiting when I do.

Link to the source. https://www.flickr.com/gp/94992282@N05/Fb2G5Z

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Some pictures from my holiday recently:

Status
Not open for further replies.