What's new

TYM's collective Character placement after 8-31 patch(updated)

CaptainCM

Certified trash
can you elaborate, i feel markman gets some bad MU's and outlaw has a very good kit for most MU's?

awaiting your reply?
Marksman - one more option on any string is always good, safe 50/50s, ok counter zoning, most damage.
Outlaw - people overvalue an unsafe armored launcher. A lot. Also, you can't option select with him anymore.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Really? Because A-List frame traps are god like, and Stunt Double doesn't really have any.
stunt double has frame traps?

his clones timed after F24,114, D4 mixed in. make them blockestunned and incapable of reversaling. and alot of chip from it too. and the added fear of clones while its up.

umm let me see if i have any vids of it.... ugg i have XB1 DVR they really need to add Youtube to upload

MadeOfMetal

Marksman - one more option on any string is always good, safe 50/50s, ok counter zoning, most damage.
Outlaw - people overvalue an unsafe armored launcher. A lot. Also, you can't option select with him anymore.
you convinced me:)

i also highered Wrestler cuz he does have the tools.. my bad:(

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
stunt double has frame traps?

his clones timed after F24,114, D4 mixed in. make them blockestunned and incapable of reversaling. and alot of chip from it too. and the added fear of clones while its up.
Mimic Rising Shadow leaves you at like +2, not really frame trapping from that (and you can armor out). Mimic Shadow Kick is like +10, but you can armor out of the follow up. Only EX-Rising Shadow allows you to keep going, but it's not exactly a conventional frame trap.

So if by frame trapping you mean being +2 so that you get a 6 frame down 1, or a 7 frame standing 1 then sure. Lots of characters have "frame traps" like that though...All the while A-List's cancels are actual frame traps and they're meterless.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
What im getting off your responses is you're basing this tier list off for the most part how you play each respective character and variation. Is that true for the most part?

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I so agree. Kitanas only so high up because...Fans. OthDUR then that its kinda your fault if you get opend up. AKA, panic switchs and shit. But those Glaives tho....

wayward

just neutral jump
Most if not all sub zeros agree that gm is still his best variation with cryo next then unbreakable. I'm not even sure where to rate unbreakable and I main the variation but it is not as good as gm.

MadeOfMetal

Royal Storm mains are offended to see Assassin in same tier. Mournful mains are offended to see Assassin in a higher tier.
i personally like all 3 variants of hers, in thier own way... Ryoal imo has what the others do not... assassin has very good tools: Sharpen/Parry, Mournful has the mid fast projectiles, and OH options from JIP-glaive's,

and that basically sums it up with your comment... i agree

MadeOfMetal

Mimic Rising Shadow leaves you at like +2, not really frame trapping from that (and you can armor out). Mimic Shadow Kick is like +10, but you can armor out of the follow up. Only EX-Rising Shadow allows you to keep going, but it's not exactly a conventional frame trap.

So if by frame trapping you mean being +2 so that you get a 6 frame down 1, or a 7 frame standing 1 then sure. Lots of characters have "frame traps" like that though...All the while A-List's cancels are actual frame traps and they're meterless.
ill post a video up, in a bit.... i just feel sometimes i want them to burn meter. i want them to waist that shit like there is no tomarrow, because i can put them right back in that situation, and while doing iti can possible get a 46% combo on top of that +chip with SD.
nothing against Alist he is actually myfavorite of JC's

@Name v.5.0
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=9718557AE092D87F!669&cid=9718557AE092D87F&group=0&parId=9718557AE092D87F!138&o=OneUp

same thing with meter reversals , just alter timing... somehow it tricks the data into being negative...

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Most if not all sub zeros agree that gm is still his best variation with cryo next then unbreakable. I'm not even sure where to rate unbreakable and I main the variation but it is not as good as gm.
i think Cryo went far above with that 2in1 added Hammer at end of combos...+ all the options in Cryo now that he has so many strings to open up with pressure.

unbreakable has been helped greatly with the universal buffs... GM is great and still a very solid character... none of my placements say they are not Viable characters.. just going of many matches/ other sites MU's.. and my personal opinion. none of it is concrete and will all pretty much change after next patch and DLC release..a dn when New things are discovered

Dean

On The Grind
So the 1% chance that you can make some outlandish comeback with blood god justifies him being A tier over SG and WG....strong logic
This post feels like it was made by a guy that doesn't understand proper fundamentals of this game and heavily relies on 50/50, make my day easier type characters.

If you understand MU's, figure out setup tech, learn the ins and outs of any character, they will dominate those that don't know these things.

Kotal Kahn BG is fucking amazing.

Unfortunatley most people will learn a couple combos with BG, go online, get shut down because he has no 50/50 mixups, they didnt learn setup options for totems, and then stop playing him and instantly claim that variation bad opposes to SG and WG because they can't get wina right away.

It takes work, practice, and understanding to make a variation like that work.

Once you figure it out though, its extremely good and his best variation. IMO

Dean

On The Grind
Most if not all szeros agree that gm is still his best variation with cryo next then unbreakable. I'm not even sure where to rate unbreakable and I main the variation but it is not as good as gm.
This makes zero sense to me. Cryo has way better options now.

GM has ice clone. Big deal?

It's more of a gimmick then an actual threat in comparison to Cryo. IMO

They are both solid variations now though, so either way, SZ players should be in good shape.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Kano is C Tier all around? I guess someone has to pick up the "Downplay Kano" mantle, I just wish it was someone like @Youphemism, who is a real pessimistic Patty when it comes to Kano

This post feels like it was made by a guy that doesn't understand proper fundamentals of this game and heavily relies on 50/50, make my day easier type characters.

If you understand MU's, figure out setup tech, learn the ins and outs of any character, they will dominate those that don't know these things.

Kotal Kahn BG is fucking amazing.

Unfortunatley most people will learn a couple combos with BG, go online, get shut down because he has no 50/50 mixups, they didnt learn setup options for totems, and then stop playing him and instantly claim that variation bad opposes to SG and WG because they can't get wina right away.

It takes work, practice, and understanding to make a variation like that work.

Once you figure it out though, its extremely good and his best variation. IMO
The up-play here is real. I main Kotal and I know how to use BG. BG is a character that requires great footsies, neutral, and totems out at all times. The variation is dependent upon capitalizing on the mistakes of opponents like punishing negative strings and whiffs. I never said the variation was not viable but claiming it's his best variation in a game flooded with 50/50 mix ups, frame traps, and armored launchers is a stretch.

MadeOfMetal

I don't understand why anyone makes these threads because every time someone does it becomes the House of Representatives and everyone sits in here and disagrees.
amen, i just felt id share my feelings of the placements... god forbid i get actual feedback on how they could be switched... some have but most pick through what they dont like on these threads... just with the overwealming post on how jacqui is bottom 5, really made me want to share my thpoughts after patch, but i realize there is no world where anyone makes a list on TYM and everybody or even a good amount agrees on it.

its just how TYM works... eveeryone will always have different MU experience and skillsets with each character. so they will always have a different tier list.

mine is mine and yours is yours... but id love to here what others reasons for switches are? might even switch them around.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
I don't care about these retarded tier lists. All I play is Kano and all I care about is how I'm gonna outplay any of those "top" characters are.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
ill post a video up, in a bit.... i just feel sometimes i want them to burn meter. i want them to waist that shit like there is no tomarrow, because i can put them right back in that situation, and while doing iti can possible get a 46% combo on top of that +chip with SD.
nothing against Alist he is actually myfavorite of JC's
Did you happen to notice yet that I main SDJC? People will blow their meter almost ever chance they get if they can combo off it.
@Name v.5.0
here you go... it works for me on metered as well. and its meterless to do..

im sure there are some moves that may go through, but i figured reptile was a good place to start.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=9718557AE092D87F!669&cid=9718557AE092D87F&group=0&parId=9718557AE092D87F!138&o=OneUp
You realize I'm an SDJC main right?

Your link brings me somewhere without a video. Too lazy go any further.