What's new

TYM needs to grow up

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
This topic got a little too dark with all this discussion on violence, so I'm putting a stop to it now.

@VenomX-90 - I know you were trying to illustrate a point, but you chose your words very unwisely and this thread getting derailed is the result of that. I suggest that before you post again, you rethink your words first. That goes for everyone else who uses this forum.

If this thread should be derailed again, it will be closed.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
This topic got a little too dark with all this discussion on violence, so I'm putting a stop to it now.

@VenomX-90 - I know you were trying to illustrate a point, but you chose your words very unwisely and this thread getting derailed is the result of that. I suggest that before you post again, you rethink your words first. That goes for everyone else who uses this forum.

If this thread should be derailed again, it will be closed.
Nuff said Blake, I apologize for my POV. At least you know I was trying to Illustrate a point.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
@roosTakk, instead of ambiguously blaming people, why don't you tag and quote? Because this is just an "I feel excluded" thread. Might as well make it interesting.
It's not an "I feel excluded" thread at all. Did you read it? I could go through and tag and quote but that would take effort and I need to drink beer and watch CEO.

Dont make me report your sig to storms :DOGE

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
TYM has been and is known for having the most disrespectful, jealous, envious, hate filled, and trash talking members in the fighting game community. Until TYM rebuilds its member guidelines and levels up its comments, responses and topic allowance bar we will always see the vines of hatred and anger run strong with this site. Part of the problem is that some of the staff members and premium supporters are trash talking-hate trollers themselves. From what I've read and seen so far,rm gamer blake seems to be the only mature, educated and respectful staff member on this site. Why can't they all be like him.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
It's pretty simple. If you notice someone breaking the guidelines, hit the report button and they will be dealt with.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Clearly doesn't know how almost every forum on the Internet works.

You expect every member to be upstanding, mature, and intelligent?

You're very naive if so.
I dont expect that at all. I am far from naive, if anything i'm far too realistic. I think the point I was trying to make may have been lost on some. I know there will always be 'those people' in a fourm. My point is regarding the 'other' people of this community.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
@roosTakk I've seen this topic the past week or two from guys like @Zyphox and others. I think we ultimately get the message, the community that does want to play the game and get the scenes to grow, but TYM anyone can openly sign up and troll to shit. I think it's just a matter of separating what's fact and opinion, what are true blow ups or people having honest fun etc...

Most of the drama I see anyway comes from social media, (and a bit of TYM but not nearly as much as people's twitter accounts) which no one can really police but the player itself. I think the more we form our own opinions and statements, the better things will get. I personally don't think things are as doom and gloom as people are making it out to be. If it's one thing I learned from Zyphox's and previous topics, it's that people do give a shit. As long as people care, things will gradually change over time. Plus, MKX will give us an even more larger playerbase I feel with new blood to come in.

Is TYM a bit negative? There's likely some truth to that, but I think it's just those players that are negative that speak about things. I don't think it's a call out if when everytime the OBS show comes on (or whenever I care to tune in), Tom Brady says things about the community he doesn't like and then instead of representing himself as someone who wants to separate themselves from the drama, contributes to it more just by being so hostile to begin with. When people are given a forum or an open mic, people are gonna say things regardless. I love Tom Brady the player and what he does for the community, but I don't think even he realizes that the way he carries himself can turn alot of people off from just even coming to the game when he says things like that.

Not me though, for some reason that night when he did that call out to a random 22 year old kid on a twitch chat who has nothing that Brady has (compared to several other people that were calling him emo, one of which was put on the show to talk about MKX when he was at E3 because he felt Brady was so wrong about what he was talking about), he inspired him to want to get to the level he is just to play and potentially beat him. Not with Ice Parry Sub-Zero, that was just a matter of opinion whether he likes Parry over Clone. (I still say armor will beat clone often, but I understand your love of clone as it is an essential SZ tool.) As much as I was personally pissed he said I didn't know a thing about fighting games, I look back at it now and smile because it's driven me to pay way more attention and potentially get back into Injustice later this year when finances are settled.

So in a way, just because of what @Tom Brady and I had said (I meant nothing truly personal by that discussion by the way, as you had found i'm sure.) to each other he had inspired me to try to attend locals, to get to a point where perhaps I can also make a name for myself in this scene.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. People will play NRS games regardless. But, you can also use these things, and what people say to fuel you. The more we start focusing on the individual instead of the group, I feel good things will come out of that.

Plus, if anything stupid were to truly happen, I feel like everyone would call out that player anyway. No harm, no foul if players just speak their minds.

Long post, but I feel like it's important to be said.