What's new

TYM King Of The Hill Weekly Matches! (PS4)

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I got kicked. Gotta eat anyways. I need to settle on a main again cause all this jumping around from character to character is not helping. Ggs

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
It was fun! And you and Reed gotta teach me how to Jax, he's so fun to use.
Been teaching you him for years now. But you don't listen! You out here using b1 for everything. :p

Nah, seriously though, I can teach you him. He's really simple and really fun but you gotta be good a varying your options cause it's easy to get out of his shit.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Been teaching you him for years now. But you don't listen! You out here using b1 for everything. :p

Nah, seriously though, I can teach you him. He's really simple and really fun but you gotta be good a varying your options cause it's easy to get out of his shit.
I use it for ONE combo, ONE XD

Yeah I see that you gotta mix into grab or fake-out with F2. Looks fun.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I use it for ONE combo, ONE XD

Yeah I see that you gotta mix into grab or fake-out with F2. Looks fun.
Mid Range:
F2 and F4 are your best mid range tools (F3 is actually kinda stubby).

F4 is +1 on block so if you think they will mash something after, go straight into D1 or D12 to blow them up. If you think they won't, go for a throw, stagger, or command grab.

F2 is your forward advancing mid, great for staggers, great for meaties on wakeup (and can catch back rolls), etc
You can do all sorts of stuff with it:
F2
F2D4
F2 F2
F2 throw
F2 amp ground pound
F2 amp bf2 (or not amp)
F2 block
F2 1+3

Close Range:
F3, D1, D4, & Command Grab are your close range tools.
F3 is great for staggering and it's your best punish tool as it is a 9F mid.
Same staggers apply for it that apply for F2. It just has an additional hit which can make it even more tricky for the opponent.

Important note for both close and mid range staggers: Blocking and throwing both are extremely important. You have to be willing to block and give up your turn so you don't always get knocked out of your pressure by people who can react to staggers. You also have to be willing to take throws for damage vs people who are great at defending.

Anti Airs/Air to Airs/Jump Ins:
S1, D1, and Air Grab are his best AAs (imo).
Jump 3 or 4 is his best jump in attack

Conversions with this are extremely important because he doesn't have a lot of combo damage (especially in hunker down). This gives him damage, oki, and heated arms.

S1 and D1 can both be converted into D12 gotcha or F2 1+3
Jump in 3 can be converted into D12 gotcha as well

On Knockdown:
You either want to meaty with F2, throw, or back up and bait a wakeup which you can full charge b2 KB if you do it right away after a step back.
If your F2 meaty hits but they were jumping you can convert into S1 F2 1+3.

I'm sure there's more but I've been swamped at work and taken out of this post several times so I've lost my train of thought. :p

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Mid Range:
F2 and F4 are your best mid range tools (F3 is actually kinda stubby).

F4 is +1 on block so if you think they will mash something after, go straight into D1 or D12 to blow them up. If you think they won't, go for a throw, stagger, or command grab.

F2 is your forward advancing mid, great for staggers, great for meaties on wakeup (and can catch back rolls), etc
You can do all sorts of stuff with it:
F2
F2D4
F2 F2
F2 throw
F2 amp ground pound
F2 amp bf2 (or not amp)
F2 block
F2 1+3

Close Range:
F3, D1, D4, & Command Grab are your close range tools.
F3 is great for staggering and it's your best punish tool as it is a 9F mid.
Same staggers apply for it that apply for F2. It just has an additional hit which can make it even more tricky for the opponent.

Important note for both close and mid range staggers: Blocking and throwing both are extremely important. You have to be willing to block and give up your turn so you don't always get knocked out of your pressure by people who can react to staggers. You also have to be willing to take throws for damage vs people who are great at defending.

Anti Airs/Air to Airs/Jump Ins:
S1, D1, and Air Grab are his best AAs (imo).
Jump 3 or 4 is his best jump in attack

Conversions with this are extremely important because he doesn't have a lot of combo damage (especially in hunker down). This gives him damage, oki, and heated arms.

S1 and D1 can both be converted into D12 gotcha or F2 1+3
Jump in 3 can be converted into D12 gotcha as well

On Knockdown:
You either want to meaty with F2, throw, or back up and bait a wakeup which you can full charge b2 KB if you do it right away after a step back.
If your F2 meaty hits but they were jumping you can convert into S1 F2 1+3.

I'm sure there's more but I've been swamped at work and taken out of this post several times so I've lost my train of thought. :p
Awesome thanks! I was using F2 to meaty, I thought you could do that with F33 too? Or is F2 better cause of the range?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator