What's new

Two Sides: MKX (MK9 Story)

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I was just reading a post about MKX online and he stated how in the game, 'The Last of Us' there were two sides to the online feature @xXstealthflameXx . This stirred an idea.

Think back to when we played MK9 Story Mode and we drooled and cheered. Laughed at the man faces and cleaned ourselves up after Meliena costume 3. Moving forward now, remember how in Raiden's hot flashes he had on his evil uniform? Now what if what we say that was the good side of Earth and MK, but now we move into the real realm of MK. The Dark Side of MK, if you will. Not necessarily everyone is evil or anything like that, but I think Raiden sending himself the message from the future, in evil costume, could represent something.

With that said, we could be looking at a different timeline where the evil Raiden wins instead of letting Shao Kahn win. He could have been under the impression that, "He must win" meant himself, but he could directly say, "I must win."

Only time will tell and this is just an idea, but I think it's plausible since everyone has a darker feel to them. All IMO.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Noob
I was just reading a post about MKX online and he stated how in the game, 'The Last of Us' there were two sides to the online feature. This stirred and idea.

Think back to when we played MK9 Story Mode and we drooled and cheered. Moving forward now, remember how in Raiden's hot flashes he had on his evil uniform? Now what if what we say was the good side of Earth and MK, but now we move into the real realm of MK. The Dark Side of MK, if you will.

Only time will tell and this is just an idea, but I think it's plausible since everyone has a darker feel to them.
that could also explain the dragon new look

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Does this Idea count for all characters? I mean if everybody was evil, then there wouldn't be any plot.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
but i dont think mortal kombat x has anything to do with parallel universe does it?
Well MK9 & MKX are a parallel universe to the original storyline...besides that I don't believe they are adding anything to that beyond the story continuing in this universe...

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I was just reading a post about MKX online and he stated how in the game, 'The Last of Us' there were two sides to the online feature. This stirred and idea.

Think back to when we played MK9 Story Mode and we drooled and cheered. Moving forward now, remember how in Raiden's hot flashes he had on his evil uniform? Now what if what we say was the good side of Earth and MK, but now we move into the real realm of MK. The Dark Side of MK, if you will.

Only time will tell and this is just an idea, but I think it's plausible since everyone has a darker feel to them.
raidens hotflashes LOL i died

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think ots either some kind of worldwide tournament mode or a Good vs. Evil kind of thing, hard to explain.

Saint Op Omen

MK9 isn't in a parallel uni it's just in the past.
nope it formed a parallel universe... Raiden sent a message to himself in the past and from there created a parallel universe were the events in his timeline were not altered but the events in the MK9/X timeline were...if his past was altered he would not get to the position to send the message to himself in the first place...its a paradox that in turn has to create a separate timeline or it could not exist...

Last edited:

Saint Op Omen

No ,Its still not parallel He sent a message to him self in the past (which has to be the same universe) he didn't "create" another universe he just altered the one they were in so that armageddon would never take place. Hence his madallion was fixed at the end meaning he changed the future.
Yeah thats how a parallel universe often gets created in these kinds of stories...a altered timeline...a break away from a point in the past to change a future...if he did not experience Armageddon he could not send the message he got to himself ...both have to happen...yes he changed his future the other original one still had to get fucked for the message to get to him...common time travel/altering reality troupe...if the message existed in the first place it has to come from somewhere that actually happened...it don't matter to us because we are now following this timeline...but all that other shit happened to

Saint Op Omen

It did happen but since he changed it .That entire timeline was erased the massage got to him because nothing was changed yet once he did whatever he did to change it that timeline ceased to exist . His madallion was broke in the future so once it was fixed that means that everything in the future was changed but that Raiden from the future still exist they are both still in the same universe.
Cant have both the message and the change...but whatever ...its mind breaking science that has never happened so whatever you want to believe happened or whater you want to call it is just as valid...
But to me the comics, tv show, web series and movies are all alternate realities/ parallel universes of MK and the new games are just anotherone that happens to connect and be caused by the last story..

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
To be blunt, Its not a parallel universe per say, he did contact his other self in the alternate timeline but in the MK9 story he stopped Armageddon altogether. So since MKX is following MK9 story 25 yrs into the future, its like the alternate timeline didnt even happen.

Saint Op Omen

Its prettymuch the same thing using different words...both are still moving foward ...dont matter because we wont see it...

Saint Op Omen talks about the 2nd real life time travel theory. ( You travel to the past, interact with the environment and the consequences don't take place here, but in another new universe that was created when you "arrived" in the past). In that case, indeed a 2nd timeline is a and universe. Makes sense.

My opinion though is that in mk9 and pop culture generally, the basic speculation of time travel applies.( Go to the past, and your actions affect the current future= One Universe, 2 timelines)