What's new

Twitch iPhone App - explanation why it sucks hard

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I didn't read anything in the link. I just wanted to come in here to say that I hate the iPhone App with just about all the hatred one can muster up.

Twitch on any apple product besides laptops/desktops is just... it's the worst.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I didn't read anything in the link. I just wanted to come in here to say that I hate the iPhone App with just about all the hatred one can muster up.

Read near the bottom where some guy comes in and explains from twitch

zaf

professor
i dont like the twitch app on android either.

you cant log in, this means you do not get your favorites list.
have the time the app freezes too.

tbh, the tapatalk on android is kind bad too. you do not get alerts at all, and you do not get any wall statuses.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

i dont like the twitch app on android either.

you cant log in, this means you do not get your favorites list.
have the time the app freezes too.

tbh, the tapatalk on android is kind bad too. you do not get alerts at all, and you do not get any wall statuses.

Why should they? They're providing a free service to you and are making essentially no returns on it because you have no viewers. They HAVE to cater to their partner channels because they're the ones that get viewers for twitch, more viewers = more sponsorship and ad money = business

It sucks ass that mobile, non-partner streams are patchy but I dunno if I'd go out to fault them for that. They provide the best service in the world for what they do as-is.

That said... I still think their mobile apps are garbage tier and should be sent to the 9th circle of hell, it's literally as bad as treason and literally worse than Hitler. Hopefully they go through some much-needed upgrades soon, but who knows how soon "soon" really is?

I just use JTV instead of Twitch, if you have you're favorite channels subscribed too, it works, and there's even a Gaming subcategory.

JTV app works really good, unless the streamers connection is ass.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
That "partner" stuff is bull, I've tried to access several partnered channels through the app and while they're a bit better it's nowhere near the consistent crap he's talking about.