What's new

Turbo Ninja CLose To Being Mame'd

Haha! Man, I really wish they'd just hurry the hell up and release MK1, UMK3, and KI on PSN so I can play against everyone :)

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
FrankTheSpank said:
Oh god finally!!! We need a PayPal charity to donate to so we can buy MK3Fan a keg once this is out, lol
Oh, that's not necessary. All I ask is you guys quit kicking the shit out of me online. CUT IT OUT already! Jeez. Also, don't get your hopes up because it still may not be doable.

Thank you very much, MK3fan. MAME 133.4 was released yesterday and it includes the Turbo Ninja Edition on the list of "Clones added." The rom MKturbo.zip is available on Retroroms.com.
Thanks again.

ZAQ

Noob
Yeah that's fuckin excellent, I think I remember reading that he helped fix some mk3 sound problems as well.

Good work man

YourMKArcadeSource

Here is what I was messaged today from the Mame guys..

"Good news, I got the replacement rom from Phil. I'll try to burn it into the chip today. It should simply be put into the location where the Kombo board went and it should work fine on a T-Unit board."

That means that I don't even need the Kombo board at all. Just the 2 Turbo roms and that's it. VERY CLOSE......

YourMKArcadeSource

Got a reply...

"Correct, the one rom goes in the socket as it did before but the one from the Kombo board will now just plug directly into the pcb and not need the Kombo board. Essentially Phil mixed the contents of the rom with the protection activity the Kombo board would make. He's a smart dude... This also means anyone with a programmer and a T-Unit board can change their board into a Turbo Ninja in 5 minutes."

MK3fan said:
Got a reply...

"Correct, the one rom goes in the socket as it did before but the one from the Kombo board will now just plug directly into the pcb and not need the Kombo board. Essentially Phil mixed the contents of the rom with the protection activity the Kombo board would make. He's a smart dude... This also means anyone with a programmer and a T-Unit board can change their board into a Turbo Ninja in 5 minutes."
Bad. Ass. Looks like you are gonna be able to play it again after all, sans that stupid ass GAL chip!