What's new

Turbo controller for PS2

Just realized I had an old madcatz controller for my ps2 and it has a turbo feature.
Is there anything on mk trilogy I can use this turbo button for to abuse moves with?

Just asking cause I remember hearing something about it on these forums a bit back, possibly something along the lines of an infinite lui kang bicycle kick or something.

I did not read the thread you mentioned and I dont have any controllers with a turbo feature, but because I am a programmer I think I know the answer. No. ;)

Turbo usually just means that the button's signal is sent to the machine over and over again. Lui Kang's bicycle kick as you already know, needs charging, turbos would not be able to do this unless they send the signal so quickly that the computer thinks that its just one button being held down. This would mean that you would have to turn turbo off again to let the game start the kick animation. The turbo would need to send just enough signals to make it charge, but would then have to give a slight pause to allow the move to be released. You would need a turbo that could pause between charges and I've never seen one with that sort of functionality purposely built in.

I would say that even if something like this is possible it would not result in an INF, since the kick animations don't last long enough for it be charged and released again after it has finished.

I could be completely wrong about this, since I don't know any of the code in the games.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Actually, in MK2-MKT turbo does weird things to charging moves.

For instance, if you play as Liu Kang hold LK while it's set to turbo he will start doing bicycle kicks incredibly rapidly.

If you get your opponent in the corner and can hit them with a bike kick while they are doing an attack, you can just keep holding LK and it will be a repeated bike kick infinite.

It's a bug in the game where if you interrupt someone as they do a move with the bike kick, they can't block again for a longer window after the bike kick is done. And, with turbo's rapid fire of charge moves, you can just keep bike kicking forever.

If the bike kick doesn't interrupt them doing a move they will recover normally from the bike kick and will be able to block the next one.

Oh dear, I hope nobody uses this on live, otherwise I will have to get hit the first time they try it and then proceed to kick their arse in the second and third rounds ;) .
I wish...