What's new

TTT2: What are your teams?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Main Team is currently Hwoarang/Steve. I'm working on Leo currently, and I still want to use Baek/Hwoarang but they do really low damage on tag assualt.
Hwo/Baek are a fucked up team if you learn them on a high curve trust me. Their dmg out put and wall carry is insane.

Espio

Kokomo
Zafina and Raven, I always end up having a guy and girl main by accident lol, those are pretty much the only two I like enough to spend time learning. Not sure how they mix together though nor any relevant tag combos etc.

I just got the game recently and have had minimal time to actuall dive into it unfortunately, but looking forward to doing so little by little.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Boss mode. Jinpachi and True Ogre. Maybe Feng and DVJ, but I haven't played it in a while though...

Hwo/Baek are a fucked up team if you learn them on a high curve trust me. Their dmg out put and wall carry is insane.
I need to see a combo vid, because I haven't been able to get much damage with them (Hwoarang's just frame sky rocket could give big damage, but at the moment it's difficult for me to get it during gameplay). I haven't practiced baek's wall carry combos, so you probably do have a point. Though most of the tourney players that I chat with on twitch about Baek/Hwoarangs damage output said otherwise (Bloodhawk, Speedkicks, TekkenTim). :(

Edit: My fault, I just saw the "high curve" part. :(

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I need to see a combo vid, because I haven't been able to get much damage with them (Hwoarang's just frame sky rocket could give big damage, but at the moment it's difficult for me to get it during gameplay). I haven't practiced baek's wall carry combos, so you probably do have a point. Though most of the tourney players that I chat with on twitch about Baek/Hwoarangs damage output said otherwise (Bloodhawk, Speedkicks, TekkenTim). :(

Edit: My fault, I just saw the "high curve" part. :(
The game is still unexplored imo. I really dont believe that they dont have damaging combos, especially these 2, and especially by judging them from Tekken 6. But since you have asked experts on the particular characters they could be right.

The game is still unexplored imo. I really dont believe that they dont have damaging combos, especially these 2, and especially by judging them from Tekken 6. But since you have asked experts on the particular characters they could be right.
I'll probably go in the lab with them some more, and see what I can cook up. I've been wanting to learn baek since T5, but then steve fox came around....the rest is history lol. His b1 is awesome. :D

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I'll probably go in the lab with them some more, and see what I can cook up. I've been wanting to learn baek since T5, but then steve fox came around....the rest is history lol. His b1 is awesome. :D
Yeah Steve is a beast still, despite the nerfs he got in TTT2. His dmg and his wall carry work excellent with almost the entire cast.

I just started reusing baek (with hwoarang) yesterday, and his wall damage is crazy. They seem to be a good team if there's walls. If in an infinite stage, it's a different story. At mid screen the best bnb I can get is around 80 dmg (not including sky rocket). I'll keep practicing :)

NKZero

Noob
What are the differences between Baek and Hwoarang? In all honesty I'm too lazy in this game to worry about just frame moves or whatever so I'm steering away from Mishimas or Bryan's taunts or the sky rocket shit etc.

Basically does Baek have the same stuff as Hwoarang because I'm thinking of a Baek/Bruce pairing.

What are the differences between Baek and Hwoarang? In all honesty I'm too lazy in this game to worry about just frame moves or whatever so I'm steering away from Mishimas or Bryan's taunts or the sky rocket shit etc.

Basically does Baek have the same stuff as Hwoarang because I'm thinking of a Baek/Bruce pairing.
Hwoarang has up to 6 stances, and his moveset is huge. His wall carry is pretty good too. Their moveset is very different though, the only thing they have in common is the flamingo and similar grab animations, that's it. Baek's wall carry is nuts, but his flamingo mixups, and wall carry are more difficult in my opinion.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Zafina and Raven, I always end up having a guy and girl main by accident lol, those are pretty much the only two I like enough to spend time learning. Not sure how they mix together though nor any relevant tag combos etc.

I just got the game recently and have had minimal time to actuall dive into it unfortunately, but looking forward to doing so little by little.
I am guessing you deleted me from your friends list or I deleted you, but I'll send you a request and you can add me if you like. I just bought a headset so I could share some stuff I know about Heihachi/Kazuya/Bryan/Bruce. I don't know anything about Zafina so you could help me out too, Skkra plays her too, but he is rarely online. I have a little bit of Raven experience.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick

You don't need to use Bryan's taunt to play him effectively. Bryan works great with Bruce, they have devastating combos that are not even hard to pull off for example you can get 96 points off a Jet uppercut or 89 from Bruce's hop kick without a wallsplat. BTW do you have an offline scene? Every time I see you online you don't respond when I send "Games?" or "Tekken?" as a message.

NKZero

Noob
You don't need to use Bryan's taunt to play him effectively. Bryan works great with Bruce, they have devastating combos that are not even hard to pull off for example you can get 96 points off a Jet uppercut or 89 from Bruce's hop kick without a wallsplat. BTW do you have an offline scene? Every time I see you online you don't respond when I send "Games?" or "Tekken?" as a message.
Oh ok...I didn't know the taunt wasn't a big part of his game....anyways I stuck to my senses and stayed with Feng so it'll be Feng/Bruce. I don't have an offline scene and honestly haven't played much Tekken so maybe that's why I don't get any messages. It might be my friend who's playing at the time since he plays it more than I do.

Anyways I need practice before I can hop online lol. I know close to nothing, playing a lot of MK nowadays and when I go back to uni won't have much time for anything.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Hwoarang has up to 6 stances, and his moveset is huge. His wall carry is pretty good too. Their moveset is very different though, the only thing they have in common is the flamingo and similar grab animations, that's it. Baek's wall carry is nuts, but his flamingo mixups, and wall carry are more difficult in my opinion.
Does Hwoarang have access to a throw while he is in his flamingo stances? I remember Baek being able to perform his throws out of flamingo, but not Hwoarang.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Oh ok...I didn't know the taunt wasn't a big part of his game....anyways I stuck to my senses and stayed with Feng so it'll be Feng/Bruce. I don't have an offline scene and honestly haven't played much Tekken so maybe that's why I don't get any messages. It might be my friend who's playing at the time since he plays it more than I do.

Anyways I need practice before I can hop online lol. I know close to nothing, playing a lot of MK nowadays and when I go back to uni won't have much time for anything.
Feng/Bruce is a really strong team. With Bryan/Bruce I feel there isn't really any matchup or playstyle they can't handle and Feng is higher up in the tier lists than Bryan.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Any suggestions for a partner to my Wang?

Using Zafina but want to trade her in as she feels really clunky and her stances dont flow at all the way i hoped they would.

How does Michelle play in this game, and is Jaycee any different/better/worse?

Does Hwoarang have access to a throw while he is in his flamingo stances? I remember Baek being able to perform his throws out of flamingo, but not Hwoarang.
Unfortunately no, only baek can throw out of his flamingo stance (f2+3). Hwoarang does have the same grab though, and if you hold the tag button it's both their tag grabs.

Any suggestions for a partner to my Wang?

Using Zafina but want to trade her in as she feels really clunky and her stances dont flow at all the way i hoped they would.

How does Michelle play in this game, and is Jaycee any different/better/worse?
Michelle plays like T6 Julia, and Jaycee just has more wrestling moves. There both pretty good though, I usually get destroyed by a good Jaycee player that knows what their doing. (well any player that knows what their doing in general :( )

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I don't know anything about Zafina so you could help me out too, Skkra plays her too, but he is rarely online. I have a little bit of Raven experience.
I haven't touched TTT2 since NEC. Life owns me.

Espio, if you want to talk Zafina, PM me. Otherwise, some quick tips...

Playstyle:
Zafina has one of the best backdashes in the game. She is generally pretty unsafe and has shitty frame data overall. Her moveset is crafted around strings with delayable hits a lot of the time, you'll see. For instance, d/f+1,2,1. The d/f+1 by itself is a safe poke. d/f+1,2 is a natural combo but is punishable on block. However, the third 1 in the string, while unsafe, is delayable and will catch anyone trying to punish the 2.

Standard solo juggle:
d/f+2, d/f+1, d/f+1, f+2,3 (into SCR) SCR 3+4 B! d/f+4,1

Standard wall beatdown:
d/f+1,2,1 will all hit

Standard solid TA juggle: (note that on the f+2,3~b do you NOT go into SCR stance)
d/f+2, d/f+1, f+2,3~b, 1+2 B! [have Raven do some TA filler that sends them flying high into the air] run up and 2,1,3
note here: the 2,1 will slam them into the ground, where the 3 will hit. The opponent can crash after the 2,1 but the 3 WILL always still hit the character before they get away, its guaranteed.

TA fillers vary. d/f+1+2 is pretty good to pop someone back up

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
Yoshimitsu/Kunimitsu - main duo

Jaycee/Michelle - trolling duo

Unknown/Angel - bullshitting duo