What's new

Trying to become a part of the comminity

Hey everyone! I'm somewhat new to the community (played MKX from the start, became competitive probably 3 months in,) and I've gotten to a decent level in the game. I don't have an active community in my area and playing online against random people can be frustrating without communication/leaving/salt/etc. I'd probably say i'm mid-high level so everyone is either really easy or I have close matches against good people, but go 1-3/0-3 with sets. I'm trying to become a part of the community and playing with more competitive people so I can help others level up along with myself (and so I have help learning Injustice 2!). If literally ANYONE wants to play let me know so I can see how different people play and whatnot. PSN: Nemesis_Stallion Twitter: @nemstal
YouTube: Nemesis Stallion

I play it a decent amount, just looking for people I can actually communicate with to help me get better. Also is this site that bad? I've heard some negativity about it, but I'm new so I don't know enough about it.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I play it a decent amount, just looking for people I can actually communicate with to help me get better. Also is this site that bad? I've heard some negativity about it, but I'm new so I don't know enough about it.
Hello! Welcome to TYM. This site isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. Granted we have our issues but if this site was nearly as bad as people advertise, we wouldn't keep getting members at the rate we get them.

Hey everyone! I'm somewhat new to the community (played MKX from the start, became competitive probably 3 months in,) and I've gotten to a decent level in the game. I don't have an active community in my area and playing online against random people can be frustrating without communication/leaving/salt/etc. I'd probably say i'm mid-high level so everyone is either really easy or I have close matches against good people, but go 1-3/0-3 with sets. I'm trying to become a part of the community and playing with more competitive people so I can help others level up along with myself (and so I have help learning Injustice 2!). If literally ANYONE wants to play let me know so I can see how different people play and whatnot. PSN: Nemesis_Stallion Twitter: @nemstal
YouTube: Nemesis Stallion
To answer THIS. On TYM there are plenty of people who are good that I'm sure would love to play games! There are also people who are looking to get better and need good players to fight. Simply just ask! I know I look for games often. Please enjoy your stay here and I hope you get plenty of competition!

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
You can add me PSN: kyriel12 but i'll play with you tomorrow, i feel rough today.

Personally nothing helps me here. I just do sarcastic shit here for fun and make others mad.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Welcome to what will hopefully become your source for all things related to NRS!

Don't mind what others may say about this site. It has its fair share of drama, stupid crap, etc. But what place doesn't? Just make sure to do your best to not partake in it if it's something really out of line.

If you haven't be sure to check the site rules here: https://testyourmight.com/threads/the-tym-community-rules-v1-6-updated-12-3-16.62373/

All in all, pretty much everyone here is laid back and more than willing to help you with any questions you may have.

Again, welcome to TYM.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Welcome from your friendly forum general! Don't pay any attention to anything negative you may hear. It's no worse than anywhere else, but I weed out the BS very quickly. If you notice anything out of place or feel uneasy, report the post and let the staff know.

What I don't understand is why this new friendly user introduces himself and many start saying how toxic and bad this website is (even saying don't come to this site....), where I can go and find another thread in Noob's Passage and there's NONE of that. What gives people?

Welcome to TYM!
I feel the same way! Expressing how toxic the site is should only be introduced if you're trying to resolve the problem

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
There are a lot of good players here. Games with players here can be a harrowing, eye-opening, self awareness can be a hard pill to swallow - experience.

You're already a part of the community. Where you go and how you conduct yourself from here will determine your place.

There are a lot of good players here. Games with players here can be a harrowing, eye-opening, self awareness can be a hard pill to swallow - experience.

You're already a part of the community. Where you go and how you conduct yourself from here will determine your place.
Can't wait to see how it plays out

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Just a warning, this community is toxic.
Don't let salt, disagreement, or the horde mentality ruin your time here. Stand up, be heard, and be ready to articulate what you believe and why.
This community is only toxic to those who think the world revolves around them, can't articulate their thoughts through text, or who are easily deterred.