What's new

Trying out Cyrax,give me the basics.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Even though i like Cyrax more,Cyblax i find easier to move and fight with.

Give the basics,i know the 58% BNB but i want to learn rushdown,pressure,footsies,setups.

Thank you.

ATM checking the unbreakable combos.

I main SZ and Shang if that's of importance.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i would reccomend learning some basic bomb setups, good damage meterless off of as many situations as you can think of, anti air, air to air, anti air net, grounded net, jip, b2 etc.

learn the perfect spacing for his standing 1 anti air, and the timing for his crossup d1, or if you wanna play it safe go for the anti air leap (df1) its incredibly hard to screw that one up.

go to the frame data thread for cyrax and have a look to see if you can find anything cool too :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i would reccomend learning some basic bomb setups, good damage meterless off of as many situations as you can think of, anti air, air to air, anti air net, grounded net, jip, b2 etc.

learn the perfect spacing for his standing 1 anti air, and the timing for his crossup d1, or if you wanna play it safe go for the anti air leap (df1) its incredibly hard to screw that one up.

go to the frame data thread for cyrax and have a look to see if you can find anything cool too :)
which strings should i begin pressure with and what should i follow up?after a blockstring do i continue or bomb?

As AA,i do 1,1 33xx net to b2 12xx 121 air grab,how does that sound.

goddamnit i neet to visit the lab but can't abandon my dragonborn all by himself.

it seems this damnable conflict has claimed my MK passion as of late.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
which strings should i begin pressure with and what should i follow up?after a blockstring do i continue or bomb?

As AA,i do 1,1 33xx net to b2 12xx 121 air grab,how does that sound.

goddamnit i neet to visit the lab but can't abandon my dragonborn all by himself.

it seems this damnable conflict has claimed my MK passion as of late.
good blockstring are 121ragdoll, 3-saw (both midhitting), 11 has its uses but i personally dont like it, 334 is good on jailed opponents as it grants you a free d1 into saw, f2 is good for closing space (and also useful anti air for fullscreen jumps), 111 isgood as its safe and last hit hits overhead. after a blocked ragdoll you're at neutral so d1 into saw or overhead is good as cyrax's d1 is 6 frames, so unless they d1 first with a 6 frame d1 of their own, jump, or use an armoured move theyll get hit by it.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I think Cyrax's pressure really revolves around the command grab because the mixup after a command grab gives you the best chance to land a net/reset. A lot of strings are neutral on block, so you can mix up when you end each string so that the opponent won't know when to let go of block. I mainly use 2/21/21~special of choice, 1/11/111, 1/12/121/121~special of choice, d1 & d4.

The more you practice, the more comfortable you'll be with all of it.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I think Cyrax's pressure really revolves around the command grab because the mixup after a command grab gives you the best chance to land a net/reset. A lot of strings are neutral on block, so you can mix up when you end each string so that the opponent won't know when to let go of block. I mainly use 2/21/21~special of choice, 1/11/111, 1/12/121/121~special of choice, d1 & d4.

The more you practice, the more comfortable you'll be with all of it.
the command grab is good but not to be abused,its useful to throw some forward throws into the mix so they wont break it, and then you will have a higher success rate with the command grab.

Seapeople

This one's for you
the command grab is good but not to be abused,its useful to throw some forward throws into the mix so they wont break it, and then you will have a higher success rate with the command grab.
Good idea, especially if you need the damage or have them in the corner. But in a lot of matchups I would rather take the chance of the command grab being broken than using a forward throw that puts me back at mid/full screen.

Sand-man

Noob
Control the half strings, not only complete strings

inviato dal mio Sony Ericsson Xperia play utilizzando tapatalk

CYracks

Command Grabber
For pressure tactics (and this goes double for human cyrax)- try using 121 chest saw. Down 4 and down 1 are great pokes.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
Have you ever used a tech trap like this against aggressive opponent:
Drop a bomb (mid or close) and make saw which should wiff - opponent can choose the moment for jump over the saw to punish it but, if you have 2 bars of meter, you can break his punish what will push him to an exploding bomb.
How do you feel about that? It has already brought me many wins. This tech is guaranteed on the wall after opponent's otg, because if he tries to jump out he will eat the saw and if he wakeups your breaker will lead to the combo.