What's new

True UMK/Fighting game League

Would you be interested in a league like this?

• Yes, bring it on, I'm destined to be a league champion!

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No, it takes too long, I wouldn't stay interested over that long a time frame.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noob
That sounds amazing. Sounds F**king awesome!!!! I'm definitely in for the DS!!
The DS is a side division if we have enough... I'd love to do it though. I'll play DS and I know Dizgirl will as well. I am sure we can get enough people for at least one DS division, maybe 2. You don't have the 360, do you?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Im not joining the 1st season or whatever you call it. I wanna see how smooth it run first because anytime something like this goes down we always get people to sign up but not actually playing when its time to play. If anyone who doesn't play on time should be disqualified without a warning because they already know what they are getting thereselves into before they even sign up.
good, i dont feel like having any 10-1 or 10-2 weeks. ;) but yeah, ill do it

Phil: Might I suggest you end the season with a smaller (8? MAYBE 16) tournament seeded by wins/losses record on the season?

count me in, if you haven't already =)

Oh and blk album you n' knock my smily faces all you want =P n' i dont care =D

What happens when you get matched up with someone you know you have delay against? There are several people who no matter what I always have delay (DC, Dreamcatcher etc).

What happens when you get matched up with someone you know you have delay against? There are several people who no matter what I always have delay (DC, Dreamcatcher etc).
Well i played in a Pool League, and if a player fails to show, then the player fails to show, but in this case, i would say that, that player forfets the game...

but that's in my opinion of a league

Noob
Here is a situation where, due to the overwhelming desire to play competatively online, I cannot really do much about. Basically, if you have a bad connection against someone on one night, I will recommend that each person hard resets their cable modem and router in order to produce a better connection. If that doesn't happen and bother players have a generally good connection but the games feel delayed and laggy, then that's just the nature of the online beast and league games will have to be played through it.

It's a shame that we don't have the available interest for a league like this to happen offline, but maybe one day.

Im not even playing so you won't get matched with me. Just play and adapt to delay thats all i can tell you.

Tim Static

Adminerator
If you want to do an online tournament, lag might happen.

Just like snow or rain in a football game. You adapt.

My connection is bomb. The ONLY thing running on my connection is my 360. Its the only thing I have internet for. Just ask Sugar orr Shock. Shock was pulling off combo vids on my ass.

(PS- I am piggybacking off my neighbor on my PS# & Wii. :) Shhhh, dont tell nobody.)

Tim Static

Adminerator
lol you get jollied off flight cancels? hahhahaha tim you need to play more bro
Nah, its just funny as hell. And Stu was laughing in my war "He's playing with you, man." and he was drunk and I just woke up. It was fun. But yeah, we need to play bro. And make sure you get as drunk as possible. I'll take any advantage I can get, cause I'll need it, lol. But seriously, bomb me with invites. I'm game especially after 9-10pm and super late night.

Noob
Ok, I think we have enough interest at this point that I can open registration. I will open registration as early as tomorrow or the latest of saturday. Depending on how quickly we see registrations happen, it will remain open either for 1 week or 2 weeks, then I will make the divisions and schedules.

I'm glad this has interest everyone... this is going to be alot of fun. Get ready for registration...

i wouldn't mind a league but i can only play on ds with people from europe only i dunno why but soem reason i cant play people outside europe