What's new

Tech - Hellfire True blockstring setups

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I like it. Especially how clean the cancels look in the string, I almost didn't realize it wasn't all one big combo.
Good shit, my man.

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
thanks guys i really enjoy working with this dude in the lab, actually i have a cool new setup coming soon(although that one goes to the hellraiser thread ill upload it in here as well :)

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Here is a setup from f4 xx flame aura 11xx teleport walk up 214 fbc b32f2. This works very consistently. There's got to be a ton of good setups like this. Thank you @JINAMOUNAINAI for posting and getting this going.

You can also do b121, throw and etc.

Last edited:

JINAMOUNAINAI

Hey man, yeea I experimented with it as well i think i included it in one of the videos, it has a couple of flaws though 1) 214 fbc in midstage is a bad string to fbc from since they can just release block and mash backdash after 21, get hit by the 4 and you lose all your pressure
2) wont work against kung lao or faster armor moves
Nevertheless if you used fbc during the start of your combo is still a legit setup!

Xzyj

Noob
Here is a setup from f4 xx flame aura 11xx teleport walk up 214 fbc b32f2. This works very consistently. There's got to be a ton of good setups like this. Thank you @JINAMOUNAINAI for posting and getting this going.

You can also do b121, throw and etc.
It's a very cool setup (i was able to even beat lao's cyclone) but there is 1 problem, when you delay your 214 if your opponent doesn't respect you enough they can neutral duck 2 in 214 and poke out of your pressure, so you have to be careful using this.

Scoot Magee

It's a very cool setup (i was able to even beat lao's cyclone) but there is 1 problem, when you delay your 214 if your opponent doesn't respect you enough they can neutral duck 2 in 214 and poke out of your pressure, so you have to be careful using this.
Yeah but this can actually work in your favor. Just another option imo.

Scoot Magee

Just a heads up, you can get the repeated f2's after the setups I posted in the other thread. It will fail however if they delay their wake up.

JINAMOUNAINAI

Yooo repeated f2's was a joke man, b121 or b12xx exspear are some of the best options, also as you said delaying the 214 to catch anything under 11 fr means you actually leave a gap to get hit by a raw armor move, they can even backdash out of it, low poke you etc, plz only note legit setups,we dont want to get ppl killed here lol

Scoot Magee

Yooo repeated f2's was a joke man, b121 or b12xx exspear are some of the best options, also as you said delaying the 214 to catch anything under 11 fr means you actually leave a gap to get hit by a raw armor move, they can even backdash out of it, low poke you etc, plz only note legit setups,we dont want to get ppl killed here lol
It was a joke? It beats armored wake ups though. Obviously b12 spear is better for full combo into another setup.