What's new

Question - Thunder God Trouble with Raidens LRC

So I've been playing raiden for a while now and I see alot of videos of quality players using the LRC to extend combos..
For the life of me I can't get them working.. Has anyone got any pointers to help me with this or should I spend less time watching videos and more time in the training mode :confused:
Thanks!

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
So I've been playing raiden for a while now and I see alot of videos of quality players using the LRC to extend combos..
For the life of me I can't get them working.. Has anyone got any pointers to help me with this or should I spend less time watching videos and more time in the training mode :confused:
Thanks!
Make sure to wait for the lightning to come out first then run cancel.

Do the run cancels in practice until you feel confident to do them online.
Once you do them enough you'll be able to do them without having to think about them.

It took me a while to catch on but I got it now. Just grind them out. They get easier.

My problem at first was I kept wanting run cancel before the move came up.

Thab
Make sure to wait for the lightning to come out first then run cancel.

Do the run cancels in practice until you feel confident to do them online.
Once you do them enough you'll be able to do them without having to think about them.

It took me a while to catch on but I got it now. Just grind them out. They get easier.

My problem at first was I kept wanting run cancel before the move came up.
thanks for the tip.. I'll give it a go :)
I probably should of mentioned I am playing on PC.. Not that it should make a difference

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Your best bet is to just do the LBC into combo 1st of all just to get the timing down, do that until it becomes simple, after that, add whatever you want before the LBC & then practice that. You'll soon get it.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Thanks!
Im sure you already know this but just in case, you can cancel out of run using attacks which is what makes it so fast. So the exact inputs to extend a combo off a restand into corner carry would be:
B1,4xxDB(1)(hold)xxFFRT(Release1)xx2,1,4xxSuperman

Hope this helps, if not I'm sure it'll help someone.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
just practice doing the b14, LRC, b14, LRC, b14, LRC all the way across teh screen. then do it all the way across the screen the other way.

when you can b14 LRC them all the way across teh screen from corner to corner both ways you are ready to add it into a combo.

its just a hard move to get down. ive been playing erron black lately and although his moves have stricter timing i still think theyre all easier to execute than raidens LRC. i hear jax's cancels are the hardest in the game.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
How hard are LRC combos on online play?
Its about timing, but you have to learn to enter button presses based on timing rather than visual cues. If you enter the buttons at the same rate as if you were not on delay, they will execute correctly. Its very difficult though.

So i think i found a cheat way to do it for stick players. By doing 2,1 then the fireball(hold) then double tap forward then magic series from block>2>1 it will run then instantly perform 2,1. It should read 4 hits if done fast enough. Then you can get fresh and do 2,1, lcr, 2,1,4, ex shocker, b1, 4, superman, The real practice comes from getting the correct timing for the magic series specially if your fingers aren't used to moving from right to left. Il try and get a hand cam shot of the tech to help.

update.. still trying, only marginally better ... can pull it off in training sometimes but nowhere near enough.. considering testing a PS4 controller over xbox one controller to see if it helps (playing on pc)

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
So I picked up MKX yesterday, after getting the fighting bug again from watching evo and twitch, and decided I'd like to start with Raiden. This morning I was able to pull of the LRC about 4/10 tries. With some more practice I think I'll improve, but I will admit that the timing can be very tricky. What I found that may help some people who are struggling is that you want to hit the b14 at the highest possible opportunity, I was starting it too low out of the exdf2.

Hope this helps anybody out there, and if I'm wrong in my analysis please let me know.

Also, my hori rap4 vlx came in yesterday and oh my is it gorgeous.

I had trouble with Raiden's lrc at first as well. I don't know if this has been mentioned but the way that I would practice it is by starting with exdf2 then do your fireball cancel. I found that this way allowed more time for my following combo to connect after the lrc then just practicing b1,2 lrc over and over again which seems to have way strict timing. It's also a positive to do it like this because in my experience fighting with raiden a lot of your fireball cancels are going to happen after a ex opener such as electrocute!