What's new

Question - Grandmaster Trouble with female characters in the corner

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Hi guys,

Im having a tough time with clone setups against female characters. For example b2 b2 d1 b12 clone seems to have a totaly different timing than against male characters. I can do it with my eyes closed vs scorpion while vs Jacqui I usually drop it. Any tips or do I only have to grind the different timing on the ladies? :p

I noticed the women in this game have smaller hit boxes than men.
When I played with Erron Black's Marksman variation, I can't even land the simple BnB combos I get against other male characters

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Yeah the female characters in this game have different properties than the male counter parts.

For example, b33xxice ball connects on females like Mileena and Lui Lang mid screen, but only in the corner for men.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
This is the stupidest thing ever. I was just messing around with Jacqui Full Auto and i realized that the Low Rocket doesn't work on female characters in corner...is this intentional, and if yes then can someone please explain the logic behind this? What happened to gender equality xD?

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't really have many complaints about this game, but the fact that you have to change your combos to connect on females is pretty fucked. Anyone think NRS is going to fix this?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I don't really have many complaints about this game, but the fact that you have to change your combos to connect on females is pretty fucked. Anyone think NRS is going to fix this?
It's fine. Just like in 3D games you have to adjust your combos to different weight classes.

LockM

Noob
Every other fighting game has character specific combos, due to different hurtboxes/floatstates/reeling animations etc etc
It's part of the game. However the fact it is only females shows that it is indeed a very conscious decision by NRS.

MadPropz101

Every other fighting game has character specific combos, due to different hurtboxes/floatstates/reeling animations etc etc
It's part of the game. However the fact it is only females shows that it is indeed a very conscious decision by NRS.
Still doesn't make any sense, it's just an annoyance and nothing else.

MadPropz101

Adjust your combos properly is all I can say. Granted this is new for some people, this is a normal thing in fighting games.
Well i main Raiden and i don't need to adjust my combos with him, why should Jacqui be different? I don't see any reason for this, it's not a roleplaying game, why would females characters be different. This was not an issue in Mk 9.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Well i main Raiden and i don't need to adjust my combos with him, why should Jacqui be different? I don't see any reason for this, it's not a roleplaying game, why would females characters be different. This was not an issue in Mk 9.
1.) Play any other fighter besides NRS games and you will see that you have to adjust your combos on certain characters, whether it's because of hitboxes or weight.
2.) Females are not males so why would their hitboxes be the same?
3.) MKX is not MK9. Once people realize this they can stop trying to play the game as such.

So as I said before, adjust your combos properly.