What's new

Trouble with (Far) Wind Bomb input

Hello. I'm having such a hard time executing (Far) Wind Bomb. That one seems to be such an important move for extending combos especially with Sub Zero as kameo. I'm actually having a hard time with all the wind bombs except for the standard one. The Close, Far, and Very Far ones all have that extra directional input after you hit 4 and I can only do it like 5 percent of the time. Been playing since mk9 and Kitana never had any weird type of input like this. Has anyone else struggled with this? Is there some kind of trick to doing it consistently?

For the record I don't know why on earth NRS decided to make Wind Bomb such an odd input. It's so unnecessary. For the 4 different wind bombs they could've easily just done something like:

Wind bomb = B,D,F,1
(Close) Wind bomb = B,D,F,2
(Far) Wind bomb = B,D,F,3
(Very Far) Wind bomb = B,D,F,4

Anyway, does anybody have any tips for executing this consistently?

All versions of wind bomb are consistent for me, I just hold the direction immediately. For Far Wind Bomb I simply hold forward and it works. I had a similar question about Rain and the fix turned out to be in the controller settings, so you may want to experiment with turning off Release Check, turning on Input Shortcuts, changing the input window, etc.

Hope this helps :)

All versions of wind bomb are consistent for me, I just hold the direction immediately. For Far Wind Bomb I simply hold forward and it works. I had a similar question about Rain and the fix turned out to be in the controller settings, so you may want to experiment with turning off Release Check, turning on Input Shortcuts, changing the input window, etc.

Hope this helps :)
Oh my god, that works perfectly thank you so much! For far wind bomb was i was pressing B,D,F then let go of forward, then press 4, then try to push forward again. It never worked.

But yeah your way is basically B, D, F(hold) + 4(hold)

Works like a charm! Thanks again!