What's new

Trouble against Mileena

Hey ive been playing Reptile and I love him, I can pretty much zone any character the only one that gives me trouble is Melina. She has that damn teleport flying kick which seems to punish any projectile I try. Her knives also seem to be just as fast as spit but in a fireball war she has the advantage with the teleport kicks.

So whats the strategy against her, shes really fast, goes out of range of the uppercut and can counter and punish alot of reptiles stuff. The only thing I noticed where reptile has the advantage is with low kicks is faster than Melina.

So what can I do?

I normally try and play teleport characters a little closer than usual. Try to keep the entire fight within dash distance. If you whiff a low slide because she goes for a teleport kick, the kick will miss you. Just play around at that distance and practice punishing. Be more reactive than proactive in that matchup.

BookBurning

Voidwards
I recommend playing a bit Conservative; Zoning her out is fine but you want to be careful that you don't get caught with a teleport while you're doing so. I don't recommend playing a strictly zoning game against her though and I tend to be aggressive in this MU without much trouble. One thing you have to keep in mind though is spacing, just keep your spacing against her and you should be fine.

Also I'd rely more on a whiffed dash than a slide since the recovery time is a bit better, just to be more cautious. Also always abuse your footsies, low medium kick into greenhand.

One of my main problems against her seems to be her speed. I cant even try doing a basic string because my friend will either quickly teleport kick me, do quick low kicks or a roll. What are some good attacks/strategies to apply some pressure? Also how the hell do we counter that damn teleport kick, even if you block it she recovers so fast it seems impossible to punish. She also seems to be one of the hardest characters to actually hit, its like everything misses, from xrays to uppercuts to basic combos. Its really frustrating the only strategy I found that worked is fast slides but I really just mash the stick and i dont wanna wreck it. Please help me as I love reptile and I dont wanna have to resort to someone like Raiden and fight cheap with even cheaper.

To give you an idea of my opponents strategy it consists of zoning me with knives, doing the teleport kick whenever I try a spit etc and up close its a combo of fast low kicks, rolls and teleport kicks. Extremely frustrating as if the guy playing as mileena would pick any other character he would be destroyed.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Yeah I suck against Mileena too.

The problem I have is that once she gets close, I'm dead. It is pretty funny because most of the time once I get close to an opponent, I beat them down but against Mileena I get stuck blocking and eventually losing to her mixup game. She can launch with an overhead and low. Her low is started with a simple but fast low kick into roll. I honestly think Mileena is a bad matchup for us.

neio8

Noob
u must be so close in do 3.2.b4 and 2.3.acid hand with these combos u can make a mind game cause she will be thinking on blocking high or low and if u connect the second combo u can dash and perform 32 force ball and do what ever u want combos ............... and am wonerirng why elbow dash will not hit bloking ducking chrecters when the move in mid ???????????????? why not fix it ????????????????

Milk

Snake eyes
Neio, you know you can just edit your post, right? lol, instead of doing 3 seperate posts.

Mileena is tricky, you need to not be tagged by her bounce kick thing, it starts a full combo, be careful jumping, free ball for her. Try to bait out stuff and fb her to punish, a lot of her normal strings are easily punishable by elbow dash.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Yeah after playing numerous matches against a good Mileena player, I figured the best thing to do is to turtle lol. Her dive kick and roll are punishable on block and her combos aren't fast enough to do crazy chip damage. It's still a hard match up for me and I feel like she probably has the advantage against Reptile.

Also, her EX dive is freaking annoying. I can never tell when she uses it so I end up getting hit by the second dive. Most characters when they eX is pretty obvious, but I've gotten hit by hers many times.