What's new

Trinity War Event coming this July!

SRP

Noob
Marvel does like 6 events a year at least. Don't get me wrong I read some Marvel, but we went from X-men Vs the Avengers almost straight into Age of Ultron. Then add to that most Marvel Crossovers require you to read every tie in to get the full story, and DC isn't that bad. Most of their crossovers require you to read just 2 books, and for big events like Court of Owls, or Death of the Family you get the main story in the Batman title and the other ones you can read if you like.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Marvel Events so far:
-X-Termination
-That Captain Marvel/Avengers crossover
-Age of Ultron
-Infinity
-And you KNOW there's another X-men crossover coming since this is the anniversary.

While DC has has pretty much the same amount of crossovers I'll commend them for not making every issue a required reading(except for Johns' crossovers).

SRP

Noob
Marvel Events so far:
-X-Termination
-Age of Ultron
-Infinity
-And you KNOW there's another X-men crossover coming since this is the anniversary.

While DC has has pretty much the same amount of crossovers I'll commend them for not making every issue a required reading(except for Johns' crossovers).
I forgot about Johns and his never ending events that require 4 books just to get the whole story. Rise of the 3rd army was disappointing.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I forgot about Johns and his never ending events that require 4 books just to get the whole story. Rise of the 3rd army was disappointing.
Meh the only other books I got for the thir army crossover was GLC annual(Since it was the conclusion).Everything else has been Standard GL.The Throne of Atlantis crossover,however,made no sense if you were only reading one book.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I have only read the main GL story and I get what's happening just fine. Although I will say that the story has been kind of disappointing, it most certainly hasn't been bad.

Reedoms

Noob
Marvel Events so far:
-X-Termination
-Age of Ultron
-Infinity

DC really doesn't have crossovers so much as guest appearances. The only "events" they've had so far would maybe be Rotworld, Court of Owls, Death of the Family and Geoff Johns' latest "change the GL Universe forever" story. Those really only pertain to their own books and don't require you to buy shitloads of over stuff. Besides, at least DC tries some stuff with their events, Marvel is usually just "Everyone is now X" where X=a superhero.

tazzmission

Banned
well he is leaving green lantern so it would make sense for him to do the Shazam book. Really hoping they don't go with the flashpoint version where the 5 kids each have a portion. Rather have Billy be the focal point.
id love to see matt fraction on gl or even dna. i enjoyed geoff johns run but hes now doing jla so yea those would be my choices if i had a say in it in regards to gl

Reedoms

Noob
id love to see matt fraction on gl or even dna. i enjoyed geoff johns run but hes now doing jla so yea those would be my choices if i had a say in it in regards to gl
If anyone deserves GL it's Giffen or DeMatteis. Cosmic DC could use a huge revamp and those 2 could do it.

tazzmission

Banned
If anyone deserves GL it's Giffen or DeMatteis. Cosmic DC could use a huge revamp and those 2 could do it.
i dont know jack on those guys so any recomendations? my marvel and dc is limited since all i basicly read is cosmic stuff from both (dc gl glc mmh) marvel ( just started annihilation conquest)

i actually tried getting the 2 latest gotg books but both shops were sold out

Reedoms

Noob
i dont know jack on those guys so any recomendations? my marvel and dc is limited since all i basicly read is cosmic stuff from both dc and marvel

i actually tried getting the 2 latest gotg books but both shops were sold out
They worked together on the 80's/90's JLI/A which is a must read for anyone who wants to know more about DC along with Booster Golds own series a few years back. Their cosmic stuff is a little avant-garde(?) though. DeMatteis did The Spectre when Hal was a spirit of redemption in space and that series was crazy as hell while Giffen has done stuff like OMAC and Legion of Superheroes. Right now, Giffen is on Threshold and soon to be Larfleeze when that drops. I've no idea what DeMatteis is up to these days though.

tazzmission

Banned
They worked together on the 80's/90's JLI/A which is a must read for anyone who wants to know more about DC along with Booster Golds own series a few years back. Their cosmic stuff is a little avant-garde(?) though. DeMatteis did The Spectre when Hal was a spirit of redemption in space and that series was crazy as hell while Giffen has done stuff like OMAC and Legion of Superheroes. Right now, Giffen is on Threshold and soon to be Larfleeze when that drops. I've no idea what DeMatteis is up to these days though.
alright thanks