What's new

Trinity War Event coming this July!

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Three things I gotta say about this, and one thing to ask:

The JLA doesn't exactly have a long time to work on their teamwork before the shit hits the fan, apparently. Especially not Baz.

I hope this somehow concludes with Ollie growing a goatee.

Lack of champions of the Wizard past and present makes me sad.

And in what book is Dr. Light appearing in, if any? If he has appeared, is he as creeptastic as he was in old continuity post-Identity Crisis? I remember his bit in Blackest Knight makin me feel mighty uncomfortable.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Three things I gotta say about this, and one thing to ask:

The JLA doesn't exactly have a long time to work on their teamwork before the shit hits the fan, apparently. Especially not Baz.

I hope this somehow concludes with Ollie growing a goatee.

And in what book is Dr. Light appearing in, if any? If he has appeared, is he as creeptastic as he was in old continuity post-Identity Crisis? I remember his bit in Blackest Knight makin me feel mighty uncomfortable.
According to CBR this is the first time DR. Rape appears in the new52.As for the JLA yeah they barely get time together.
Johns said he was working on another ongoing so my best bet is that they are saving Shazam's ongoing for after the war.
I wonder who's death sparks the conflict?

SZSR

Noob
This is the thing with The Question, Phantom Stranger and Pandora right? Are we actually gonna know what they did?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
This is the thing with The Question, Phantom Stranger and Pandora right? Are we actually gonna know what they did?
Yep.Although we already know what two of them did.
The Stranger betrayed Jesus.Pandora opened the box that caused a great calamity.

SZSR

Noob
Yep.Although we already know what two of them did.
The Stranger betrayed Jesus.Pandora opened the box that caused a great calamity.
Oh I guess I missed that, my bad.

So we might learn about who the Question actually is? Like no bullshit?

I read in an interview by USA Today of Johns and Lemire that Shazam has a major confrontation with Superman in the story, and that he plays a major part as someone who isn't affiliated with any team or anything else. He's kind of the unknown of the story, as to where he'll land during/after the conflict. I personally hope he ends up with JLDark, but I don't see Johns letting go of him anytime soon.

Reedoms

Noob
I read in an interview by USA Today of Johns and Lemire that Shazam has a major confrontation with Superman in the story, and that he plays a major part as someone who isn't affiliated with any team or anything else. He's kind of the unknown of the story, as to where he'll land during/after the conflict. I personally hope he ends up with JLDark, but I don't see Johns letting go of him anytime soon.
Bill's just going to be his own thing like always. Maybe join the Justice League as a liaison to magic people. He's gonna be the one who opens Pandora's Box since he'll be "pure of heart" unlike all the other guys killing each other.

Bill's just going to be his own thing like always. Maybe join the Justice League as a liaison to magic people. He's gonna be the one who opens Pandora's Box since he'll be "pure of heart" unlike all the other guys killing each other.
Johns has been talking about and hinting at Shazam's major Justice League involvement ever since he started the ongoing back up in JL. So I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up joining a team as a permanent member. But that Pandora's Box theory makes a lot of sense. Hadn't even thought about anything like that.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I was thinking Black Adam would do it. Didn't it say something like you had to either be pure good OR evil to open the box? Or am I misremembering? Either way it's one of the two.

Edit: Also, why is this a thread out of curiosity? Anyone who reads knows this isn't news at all and that this has been a story in the making since FLASHPOINT.

SRP

Noob
well he is leaving green lantern so it would make sense for him to do the Shazam book. Really hoping they don't go with the flashpoint version where the 5 kids each have a portion. Rather have Billy be the focal point.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
well he is leaving green lantern so it would make sense for him to do the Shazam book. Really hoping they don't go with the flashpoint version where the 5 kids each have a portion. Rather have Billy be the focal point.
Have you not been reading his side story in Justice League? Not trying to come off as a dick or anything just asking because it's most definitely worth the read. It's just Billy again btw.

SRP

Noob
Have you not been reading his side story in Justice League? Not trying to come off as a dick or anything just asking because it's most definitely worth the read. It's just Billy again btw.
Yea I've been reading it, but in the last issue I read, him and all the other little kids go back to the subway

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yea I've been reading it, but in the last issue I read, him and all the other little kids go back to the subway
Yeah no worries, I don't think he is trying to bring that back. I liked the idea in Flashpoint, but I'm sure a lot of fans would get upset if they changed his background permenantly that much.