What's new

Tech Traps, traps and more traps

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Well since i've seen little to no metion of the Lightning Bomb as a trap, and seeing as to how im still a Cyrax player, i came up with a little setup at fullscreen.

At full screen do a MB Black Magic then immediately launch the Lightning Bomb. As they're getting up Far Boot them and they'll get launched and you get a full juggle.

So you're probably not just gonna lie there and take it are you?

If you block high, the bomb launches you, if you block low the boot catches you and then you get launched. The AI in practice mode from what i understand if you put it to crouch block, it'll block everything, but have faith in your old buddy here it works.

As far as wakeups go, some characters with mobile moves can blow the boot up.

-Batman's slide if timed correctly the boot will hit the slide but nothing will happen and BA will land next to Batman while he's getting up from the slide animation. In other words, time it correctly and it's a full punish.

-Bane. If he tries to charge without Venom he gets hit.

-Doomsday's charge gets out of the trap. Only once did i get him into the trap.

-Ares gets out easy.

-Killer Frost is the same as Batman, but even easier to catch.

-Catwoman can blow it up with Cat dash if you delay the boot stomp. A quick one gets her every time.

-Deathstroke gets blown up. Coolest looking one as well.

-Luthor avoids it completely with charge. Asshole

-Harley's slide gets blown up. But her tantrum stance lol sometimes gets her out of it, sometimes she gets hit. Depends on timing.

-Joker gets blown up.

-Grundy. Cleaver spin beats the boot. A quick boot stomp still gets hit but causes Grundy to get hit by the bomb.Most of grundys move blow it up because of armor but leave him open for a full punish.

-Green Lantern. Gets blown up.

-Sinestro. Gets blown up.

-Shazaam. Atlas Torpedo gets blown up 8 times out of 10. Depends on timing. Teleport gets him out of it.

-Hawkgirl. Trades with Mace Charge and wing evade well evades it.

-Raven. Needs trait before getting hit by the MB Black Magic to get out.

-Aquaman. Gets blown up. Shield absorbs the kick but not the bomb.

-WW. Blows it up with Lasso Spin. But lsbh who laso spins full screen?

-Superman. Flying Grab can blow it up if the boot is too quick.

-Green Arrow. Savage Blast blows it up.

-Cyborg. Gets blown up.

-Nightwing. Gets blown up.

-Flash. Gets out with tackle.

There's a total of 7 characters that get out of it without effort and regardless of timing.
5 characters get out from moves people would never use at fullscreen like Grundys Cleaver Spin or WW's spin.

And this without taking into account that wakeups in these games aren't the easiest thing to time, and the timing to get out this pretty darn hard.

The damage is pretty high as well. I have a 51% which i don't think it's optimal.

MB Black Magic ~Lightning Bomb far~ Far Boot b3,j3,b23 1+3 51%

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Can't they back dash? Still good either way, some combos I like that lead to this set up are all the variations of Vulcan Hades combo, when 1 or 11 is used to juggle a midair opponent. All I have to do is substitute with 112 > MB LS.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
If the lighting trap goes off but you can't combo of of b3, because you're too close to the corner, what's the best combo to use?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Have you found anything that doesn't involve a bar yet? I really like the idea of using these but I can't seem to find any set ups outside the corner that don't use a bar. And if I'm already gambling on a reset I don't want to have to use a bar as well.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I've been catching fools all day with this today, even with the dumb lag. That said some people have escaped it.