What's new

Transformers: War For Cybertron

Noob
Ok, so I got my hands on a copy last night and tried the campaign mode...Decepticon first. The game, so far, looks very good, very polished, and handles FAR better than I expected(Transformers games in the past have scared me). It plays almost exactly like Gears of War, but without the ability to hide up against the wall. You can transform with the click of a button, and return to form with the same button. The action is pretty fast and intense(I'm playing on the medium level), fast enough actually, that I am not finding much time to really keep up with the story.

You start with the ability to pick from 3 "classes" of character:
Leader: Enhancement abilities...makes everyone around them stronger, good to moderate damage dealt

Scout: Cloaking abilities, fast moving, excellent damage up close

Scientist: Can fly, good damage from a distance, can revive players

I chose the Leader, Megatron, and he turns into some kind of Cybertronian hovercraft warship thing... the Vehicle mechanics in the game are crisp as well, I don't feel like it's clunky at all. So far, so good on this game.. now I can't wait till June 22nd to try online multiplayer... we get to create our own Transformer from the listed classes, power them up, gear them, etc and go head on into battle with the other faction!