What's new

Video/Tutorial Trait Set-ups with Zatanna, by Mr. Mileena

Hey everyone!

So, I have decided to main and put effort in maining Zatanna. While I haven't found significant tech, I have been using this trait setup since release and have had positive feedback. I wanted to share some setups that will favor her going into trait. (Thanks to RiBBz22 for recording)

How this works is ending a combo in MB BF3, and using your 128 frames (or so) to setup a safer trait method with MB Fireball (it kind of acts as a safeguard).

Keep in mind, you have to adjust the setup depending on the character. For example, if a character can teleport, go ahead and use the faster MB Fireball. If they can't teleport, use the regular MB Fireball. If you think they won't back dash, use the fast one to catch them at the furthest distance when backdashing. If you feel they might rush you down, use the slowest MB Fireball.

It's really situational and pretty interesting.

Be mindful, teleporters will evade your fireball by obviously teleporting, in which you need to make a read on it and use your lightning rod. Some characters will also just sit and wait to duck the fireball (usually characters like Flash, Wonder Woman, etc) in which you can chuck low bolts to make them not sit and duck the fireball.

Sometimes, the fireball isn't worth it, again versus teleporters at times, so simply teleporting at the furthest distance will grant you maximum distance to keep your zoning and trait running, while being at the maxium distance to read a teleport (lightning) or to read any possible zoning to you (ex teleport to them).

Attachments

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Trait setups are hella sick.

When in the corner, I teleport inwards after the MB bf3 and go for lightning cage. Then try and OTG them with df3 or stuff up wakeups with db3. If you successfully land df3, you get a 35% combo. If it is blocked, your +9 anyways so lightning cage that mofo.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Nice stuff, man.

Since I can't see the videos at work and am not sure if you covered it, Green Arrow can slide under the Fire Ball, I assume Frost can as well, but like you said the set up is character specific and situational like most things, great starting point though.

I really like this character.