What's new

Training mode BUFFS/FIXES for Next NRS game Suggestion Tread

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
colt hecterrific
With the announcement of Ultimate Edition, we can safely say that Injustice GAU is finished being updated and we are stuck with the game that we have now.

Now I have been playing fighting games from ST times, I have played fighting games made by Capcom, Namco, Sega and Tecmo to name a few. As with any competitive FGC member at least 50% of my time is spent in the training mode and with that I would like to suggest and take suggestions for features and fixes that will make the next fighting game released by NRS have a place where you can test all possibilities with as little limitations as possible.

With that said I will start with some problems that i have faced while using the current training mode in Injustice GAU

Fixes

With the implementation of character specific features (traits), the training options haven't been tailored for such variety. For example when testing setups against characters with stance traits you can record the setup and then test it against the character, I use this method to test my oki setups, it would be marginally easier to have options specific for traits (I would go into more details but im just giving suggestions)

MB moves give an option so that the dummy can MB moves

When recording moves/setups

Dummy options just like there is when not recording

Have the recorded moves stay in Temp memory to make it easier to test setups on multiple characters

Training mode buffs (everyone loves buffs)

Reversals not limited to only specials add normal attacks in as well as strings.

Recording: can we hate the option of multiple recordings that can be played in a random order?

Similarly to the above suggestion can we have a function to select moves out of the move list (3-5 moves) and have the computer execute them either in an order predetermined by us or randomised? (if its not too much trouble the option to select the starting move then the follow ups be randomised or predetermined?)

Meter select amount of meter available eg: 1bar, 2bar, 3bar ect

Can We please see hitboxes Pretty please?

What else is there that can be added to this list?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
[quote="PND i2 Gaug3, post: 1181421, member: 6183"
Recording: can we hate the option of multiple recordings that can be played in a random order?

Similarly to the above suggestion can we have a function to select moves out of the move list (3-5 moves) and have the computer execute them either in an order predetermined by us or randomised? (if its not too much trouble the option to select the starting move then the follow ups be randomised or predetermined?)

Meter select amount of meter available eg: 1bar, 2bar, 3bar ect

Can We please see hitboxes Pretty please?

What else is there that can be added to this list?[/quote]

This would be so godlike on learning to block mixups on reaction...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
One thing that'd really save a lot of time is for Training Mode to remember all of my settings. That way I wouldn't have to set them up from scratch each time I hop into training or change to a new character.

Also, like i2 Gaug3 mentioned, being able to have the CPU switch between various recorded patterns/attacks randomly on the fly rather than just repeating the same one over and over, would be huge for maximizing the use of practice mode for learning to improve your game.

It'd open up so many things:
-Practicing making your way through varied/staggered zoning
-Practicing blocking mixups, diff. timings and setups
-Practicing hitting opponents with diff. types of movement etc.