What's new

Trade Hits in MK2011 Question?

I noticed in this old video:
At 9.26 seconds in Nightwolf summoned his thunder on Mileena while she threw her Sai's. while being hit by the Thunder. Nightwolf got hit by the Sais but was able to recover and still hit Mileena wid the shoulder Ram move because she was popped up.

Do you think that they'll be a lot of trade hits in this game and could that effect the tier positions because Nightwolf is ridiculously fast and as you could see so is his shoulder ram move, could this also be a way of him being able to get a guaranteed X-Ray maybe in the corner IF his X-Ray allows you to hit them in the air.

What do you all think?

P.S Speculation I know, but just sparking convo to my fellow fans on TYM!!

DrDogg

Noob
I'm sure there will be strategic trades which give one character an advantage, but most of the time high-level play will revolve around not getting hit. You'll only take a trade if you know it will end in your favor (like in high-level SSF4).

Looking at that video, Nightwolf's EX thunder is what launches Mileena. You wouldn't be able to use that more than once or twice per round, and most likely you'd want to save it for punishment (looks like a good punisher). This also means you wouldn't be able to use this to land an x-ray since an x-ray requires a full meter and the thunder launcher uses 1/3 of your meter.

At this point, I wouldn't factor x-ray moves in just yet. From all of the videos I've seen, it looks like EX moves and breakers will take precedence over x-ray moves for most characters. This could change with the final release, but right now I think x-rays will be limited in high-level play (although this will probably be character and match-up dependant).

Thank you Dr Dogg I never noticed it was a ES move that Nightwolf was doing!! That gave me a little bit of relief. Does that mean that normal thunder doesn't pop'em up then? Or doesn't pop'em up as high?

DrDogg

Noob
Thank you Dr Dogg I never noticed it was a ES move that Nightwolf was doing!! That gave me a little bit of relief. Does that mean that normal thunder doesn't pop'em up then? Or doesn't pop'em up as high?
I haven't been paying that much attention to Nightwolf since we haven't seen much recent footage of him. But if EX Thunder launches, it's safe to assume normal Thunder does not.

Are enhanced specials then used as Tag assists Dr Dogg? In the early video at E3 with Johnny Cage and Nightwolf as a team, Nightwolf's tag assist is the Thunder move so this is why I asked because their is a video with Cyrax and Reptile as a team and Reptile's tag assist is the normal Forceball and not the ES forceball.

Guess will have to wait and see!!

DrDogg

Noob
Are enhanced specials then used as Tag assists Dr Dogg? In the early video at E3 with Johnny Cage and Nightwolf as a team, Nightwolf's tag assist is the Thunder move so this is why I asked because their is a video with Cyrax and Reptile as a team and Reptile's tag assist is the normal Forceball and not the ES forceball.

Guess will have to wait and see!!
I haven't been paying any attention to tag mode at all, so I can't answer that question. It's possible you can choose which assist you want though.

That would be something if you could pick your own move for Tag Assist. I know most high level play will be one on one but Tag mode indeed looks fun :)

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
From what we've seen, it definitely seems like all assists/tag-in specials are all the EX versions.....Johnny's got his double energy ball and red shadow kick, Sektor's assist is his homing missile, Mileena's tag in is her double teleport kick, etc.

There was a video that had Cyrax and Reptile as a team and the assist move Reptile used was a normal FOrceball and not the ES version of it. Which is why I was questioning if all Tag assists would be using ES moves!!

Your all proberly right though!!

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Ah, yeah, just did a quick youtube search of the video you're talking about, you're right, Reptile totally does do the normal forceball. He does seem to be the sole exception right now, but it's hard to really say until the game's out.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah I think it'll depend on the match ups as well as the moves with trade off hits or if someone can recover fast enough to counter again.