What's new

Towers of Time must be the worst game design i saw in decades.

calling this trash a game in 2019, really NRS? do i even need to elaborate? i could look over it in mkx cause it wasnt required to unlock anything, but here if i want a cool costume i dont only have to play something i absolutely did not buy when i got MK 11, i have to play a shitload of it instead of playing the real game, and its still hard AF at times. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS! i do not want to play single player, i do not want to learn konsumables, and for fucks sake i dont want to beat 22 opponents with fatal blows while they have inifinite fatal blows which do 100% damage! and whenever you went through such an annoying task that is zero fun at all, something even more annoying follows! wth were they thinking?

Last edited:

DanCock

Cock Master!!
the game is great, except for this mode. its not fun whats so ever. wish they had a alternate mode like puzzle kombat, chess, anything that is remotely fun then this to get costumes and gear. have everything in the krypt for us to explore and find, not this mode. i just watch tv and let the AI fight and press x.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I finished in the top 5% and still didn't get the Raiden skin last week. I'll never play the mode more than I did a week ago, so I think I'm giving up on the Towers.

It's a topic that's been driven into the ground at this point, but I really do despise the Towers of Time. Absolutely zero fun. 99% of the time I just let the AI run through them. Hate the game mode with every fiber of my being. Every piece of gear/skin should be able to be acquired passively by just playing the game any way you'd like, regardless of how long it might take.

the game is great, except for this mode. its not fun whats so ever. wish they had a alternate mode like puzzle kombat, chess, anything that is remotely fun then this to get costumes and gear. have everything in the krypt for us to explore and find, not this mode. i just watch tv and let the AI fight and press x.
sadly that doesnt always work, like when you need to do brutalities or fatal blows

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
just that any other company who did that learned 10 years ago that people hate it and stepped up their game.
yeah .... but if minority hates , and majority loves or just don't express none complaints, they do what any company do in a capitalist system : "keep it cause it's selling" , hehe :D

I finished in the top 5% and still didn't get the Raiden skin last week. I'll never play the mode more than I did a week ago, so I think I'm giving up on the Towers.

It's a topic that's been driven into the ground at this point, but I really do despise the Towers of Time. Absolutely zero fun. 99% of the time I just let the AI run through them. Hate the game mode with every fiber of my being. Every piece of gear/skin should be able to be acquired passively by just playing the game any way you'd like, regardless of how long it might take.
or you could have multiple ways to get it, online/offline or whatever you like to play

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Yeah. It wasn't too rough, even without consumables (on stick, so I gotta play fair).

Sonya does a load of damage and the AI isn't too keen on blocking.
More concerned with what I unlock. In my opinion Sonya only has one acceptable skin, the white tank top and grey/Green pants Mk9 esque look. Will I get that?

xenogorgeous

More concerned with what I unlock. In my opinion Sonya only has one acceptable skin, the white tank top and grey/Green pants Mk9 esque look. Will I get that?
yeah, this Sonya skin is pretty cool, but you will not unlock it playing Sonya towers .... this skin is release playing the Gauntlet mode, and it is in one of the last towers in this mode, so, heheh .... :D :joker:

And you have to play them to get money to pay the Shrine in the Krypt to get your skins/gear. I just spent 5 millions and a half koins a few hours ago because I wanted Skarlet's maskless gear and nothing. WTF NRS ? I spent 5 fucking millions koins and nothing ! Are you fucking kidding me ? I had to grind so many of your BS towers for those 5 millions and I can't even have the ONE gear I wanted.

The worst part is that you can't even choose what tower you want to play. You have to wait to get the tower you want. And you don't even know what will be the next one or when the next character tower will appear. You have to refresh the towers by yourself and hope to see your characters.

Can we also talk about the "???" skins that are in fact the rewards of the Race Against Time, where you have to play A LOT of towers to get only ONE skin per week (for a random character of course) and only 5% of the players will get it ? Does that mean that I'll have to wait almost half a year to get a skin that I missed ? And since there are multiple "???" skins per characters, does that means that if I want next week's skin but I can't play enough to get top 5%, I should wait at least a year to have a chance to unlock it again ? Are you fucking high NRS ? The ToT is designed to make you grind for hours and hours and there are no rewards.

Wanna fix that NRS ? Let us choose our towers, and destroy that damn shrine in the Krypt, or at least let us choose the gear we want from it but charge more koins to get it. But right now it is an awful design.

xenogorgeous

And you have to play them to get money to pay the Shrine in the Krypt to get your skins/gear. I just spent 5 millions and a half koins a few hours ago because I wanted Skarlet's maskless gear and nothing. WTF NRS ? I spent 5 fucking millions koins and nothing ! Are you fucking kidding me ? I had to grind so many of your BS towers for those 5 millions and I can't even have the ONE gear I wanted.

The worst part is that you can't even choose what tower you want to play. You have to wait to get the tower you want. And you don't even know what will be the next one or when the next character tower will appear. You have to refresh the towers by yourself and hope to see your characters.

Can we also talk about the "???" skins that are in fact the rewards of the Race Against Time, where you have to play A LOT of towers to get only ONE skin per week (for a random character of course) and only 5% of the players will get it ? Does that mean that I'll have to wait almost half a year to get a skin that I missed ? And since there are multiple "???" skins per characters, does that means that if I want next week's skin but I can't play enough to get top 5%, I should wait at least a year to have a chance to unlock it again ? Are you fucking high NRS ? The ToT is designed to make you grind for hours and hours and there are no rewards.

Wanna fix that NRS ? Let us choose our towers, and destroy that damn shrine in the Krypt, or at least let us choose the gear we want from it but charge more koins to get it. But right now it is an awful design.
bad news .... someone calculated that , you need 57 millions of coins, to release 50% of the Krypt .... after that, someone datamined the game, and found out that exist some weird algorithm that will stop you to gain new skins and gears, even using the shrine as much as possible .... they are keeping this , in order to have content for the Krypt update in future, with new areas to explore (one of this area, seems to be the Living Forest) .... :p

xenogorgeous

and for the ???? , yeah, one per week, 2 of these for character, and you have 25 character, what means, you have to struggle for 50 weeks (one year) in order to have them all ..... and in PC, you have hackers with 1 billion points on the leadboards at day 1, so, to make the 5% , you have to play minimum kinda, 40 towers, better be sure you play 80 towers per week to figure out among the 2% , that the game , if does not occur some bug, will give that god damn random skin for a character you don't give a crap, haha :p :D :joker:

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
It's not perfect, not even great, but the patches to make it easier and to speed up the progression have made it significantly more enjoyable. I use single player stuff to get comfortable when learning new characters anyway, so since the patches, it really hasn't felt like a grind.