What's new

Towers of Time get me infuriated >:(

So I was playing Towers of Time today with Kollector (my main atm) and OMG it took me like 10 TIMES just to beat Geras with a Shao Kahn collectible and 8 times to beat a Raiden with Bo Rai Chos frickin FART collectible!!!

I’m sure you all can tell that I DESPISE the collectibles in this mode bc they are mostly unblockable and recharge faster for opponents. I wanted to make this thread to see if anyone has had similar experiences bc honestly, I hate the mode rn and hope NRS will take the community’s advice on this matter.

I just don't understand why doing this shitty ass towers is the only "reasonable" way to get stuff. I don't like playing against the AI, basically spend most of the time playing online vs real people, or in the lab, so I don't get shit. I feel I'm being punished for just playing the fun modes in the game.

I like playing towers and against AI... but I despise modifiers. I wish they'd separate and have modifier challenges or whatever and have regular time towers that you just fight through to earn gear and without any BS modifiers (like in MKX and I2)
Exactly! The towers themselves are fun but the modifiers make an easy fight a living nightmare.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Exactly! The towers themselves are fun but the modifiers make an easy fight a living nightmare.
One particular tower pissed me off the most
The one with Jaqui and Cassie AS BOSSES with Takeda, Jin and one of the girls as modifiers. Jin stuns while Takeda bombs you with 4 kunai and one of the girls catches you in a juggle that finishes you off. This is bullshit.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I like playing towers and against AI... but I despise modifiers. I wish they'd separate and have modifier challenges or whatever and have regular time towers that you just fight through to earn gear and without any BS modifiers (like in MKX and I2)
I agree. The modifiers just completely ruin it. There’s nothing “fun” about any of them, when everything only applies to you.

I just make my AI character do Towers of Time in the background while I do other stuff. Just gotta press X between matches. It’s actually a really fast way to earn coins and skins. I get hundreds of thousands of coins relatively quickly. Then save the actual fun for when I play the game myself.

Now I just hope they increase heart and soul rewards across the board, because those are currently abysmal.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
I agree. I wish like at least 50% of the towers were without modifiers. Plain old fair mortal kombat. If they really really want to spice things up, do more tag-battles and survivor challenge towers etc. be creative DEREK! I know your ADD personality loves wacky modifiers, but not everyone is like you

The one with Jaqui and Cassie AS BOSSES with Takeda, Jin and one of the girls as modifiers. Jin stuns while Takeda bombs you with 4 kunai and one of the girls catches you in a juggle that finishes you off. This is bullshit.
i gave up on that one after a couple of fights. It's near to impossible for now, even with the best modifiers on my side. It would definitely be a fair fight if the game made the recharge time the same as mine, not faster.

Yeah, I was in a match against Jacqui last night, and it took me like 30 tries to beat her. And this was only on medium. I'm not even kidding.

These modifiers make me want to rip my pubes off. The Jade Tag Team Tower was bullshit. First of all the medium difficulty tag is deceptive. That cpu feels like it should say hard. In addition to doing extremely reduced damage to her you gotta deal with three different modifiers, The green shit that doesnt let you jump, the unblockable homing missile that creates a vortex that sucks you in, AND the shitty winds that blow you back and forth. Whoever play tested that and thought it was fun needs to go back and check.

Gaxkang

Banned
I can see what they were going for but it's like they screwed up at every step.

The modifiers, the slow cooldowns on konsumables, the lack of like a shop (so far that I've seen) to buy konsumables, the slow progress of gaining or using augments.
The rewards often being so-so...vs. Injustice 2's promise of possibly new Batman costume pieces!.

The AI difficulty does input read...tho humans are gonna do the 10 hit combos too off just touching you, the AI I guess just hammers home that it's not fun getting hit by that stuff.

For me, they are far less fun than the multi-verse in injustice. Yes it would take ages to get what you want in that game, but at least you are constantly getting stuff as you were going along. It made every match that much more exciting because you might get something at the end of it.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
lmao wasn't Derek the tester?