What's new

Tourney Attendance

unVINCEable

As you think, so shall you become. -Bruce Lee-
So with Final Round attendance over 120 Kombatants, I wonder what the average has been at MK9 tourneys since EVO? I mean I know this has to legitimize the MK scene right?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The tournament turnouts have been pretty consistent post-evo. The only major that was a little disappointing was SCR, with around 60. But yeah, people are very wrong when they say the MK scene is dead or dying, and this shows it. I expect Evo to have a minimum of 200 for MK.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The people behind the scenes of this scene are heroes among men.

Sometime between 1.05, the EVO confirmation, and it being generally established that the fate of the community is currently resting in its own hands as far as the consistency in quality and ingenuity/originality in community, the people whose hands are in question have been going like mad to make sure every show they're tied to is as close to a 10/10 as possible.
The streamers, the Kombat Network, the different scenes who've poured their own hearts and/or souls into MK, not to mention the near-ECW-oddity-level or promos, gimmicks, hyped-ass matchups and building, brooding rivalries that've had time to grow, seethe, and spring to fruition. A lot of folks have been stepping their game up as time goes on...now that the patches are more or less over, and enough time has gone by for the respective heads in charge to get comfortable in their Kombat boots running the shows and gamuts, it's no longer a matter of "What can we do or try to help the game survive?" so much as it is, "Okay, we're in the door, we've got the stage, now what can we do to steal the fucking show every chance we get?"

I need to win some fucking matches so I can start cooking shit up and people will care.