What's new

Tournament Variations

Inception

I love Kitana
Can someone explain to me when I click on the tournament variations why the names don't change to the tournament variations? It still has the same name it did before? Also why I can't delete a custom created variation?

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
Can someone explain to me when I click on the tournament variations why the names don't change to the tournament variations? It still has the same name it did before? Also why I can't delete a custom created variation?
I'm not really sure why you have to manually change the variation names when you use a tournament legal one.

I think you aren't able to delete variations to prevent any chance of a kharacter with no variations.

Inception

I love Kitana
I'm not really sure why you have to manually change the variation names when you use a tournament legal one.

I think you aren't able to delete variations to prevent any chance of a kharacter with no variations.
in short thanks for answering when you change to the tournament variation i was hoping for a visual que to know that it was actually changed and applied correctly. That is not the case. Also if you want to have say Dead of Winter Subzero or Thin ice and you wanted to know specifically that is the variation you chose you would have to know off hand or rename them to know which one was first or second.

badb

Noob
I don't think they put any time into Tournament variations ......1) Tournament variations aren't default. 2) The skill choices seam pretty arbitrary for most characters. 3) The names of the variation don't change when selected. They should have worked on this system more.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just change the name of them. You can edit the variation names.

Why when you copy the preset does it not copy the name? Idk, it’s really stupid. I mean it’s stupid that the default variations aren’t the tournament variations anyway. The fact that the only way you’d know how to setup tournament variations for every character is via social media is also dumb. I’ve had to explain how to do it to SO many people, they all have had the same reaction. “Wow okay... that’s kinda dumb though”. Yeah... no kidding.