What's new

tournament set up - lcd and console

shura30

Shura
i was wondering what equipment is more popular in each mk event

wich one is the best (lagless) monitor?

why the ps3 where there are a lot of frame drops and stutters?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
i was wondering what equipment is more popular in each mk event

wich one is the best (lagless) monitor?

why the ps3 where there are a lot of frame drops and stutters?
I'm guessing the PS3 is more popular or something. No idea. It sucks. Stutters. Constant controller issues when new people come in(although I partially attribute that to lazy fuckers not quitting out of the match). Load times. Garbage piece of equipment if you ask me and really has no business being used for tournaments.

shura30

Shura
I'm guessing the PS3 is more popular or something. No idea. It sucks. Stutters. Constant controller issues when new people come in(although I partially attribute that to lazy fuckers not quitting out of the match). Load times. Garbage piece of equipment if you ask me and really has no business being used for tournaments.
i really hope every tournament host start switching to xbox

luckily i never spent anymore money on sony after ps2

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VH236H-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B002453K5G

The PS3 is just the EVO standard; thus the tournament standard
There is no Tournament standard, some tournaments are played xbox, others ps3, others just go with ps3 since (this is a rumor so don't don't quote me on this i am still looking into it for fact) Sony sponsored Evo before and they had PS3's used and since Evo being the king of tournaments they feel it appeals to the masses, not i however. Back when i was in Colorado, my friend and i would play but he agreed we should play on xbox because the sudden blackouts on ps3 started getting at him. Sad truth is right here though, Xbox was initially built to be a pure gaming console (not so much now) Ps3 was build as a multi-media device that was heavy on the game side. Plus it also doesn't help the XBOX Vs. PS3 argument when games are made for one console then are ported to the other instead of starting from scratch on all sides to insure best playability

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'm not trying to turn it into a console war, by any regards; these things always turn that way though. I'm just simply stating that the PS3 is the tournament standard, which it is. People follow EVO...it's just how it goes.

shura30

Shura
Sony sponsored Evo
this could be a good explanation

but why ps3 on other events?
i played mk on ps3 at a tournament last weekend
felt like total cr*p, input drops, lag and stutter

it's not a console war and the thread purpose isn't
just asking why it's chosen the worst version of the game

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
this could be a good explanation

but why ps3 on other events?
i played mk on ps3 at a tournament last weekend
felt like total cr*p, input drops, lag and stutter

it's not a console war and the thread purpose isn't
just asking why it's chosen the worst version of the game
Honestly i think is truly between the fact that PS3 has an exclusive character so people assume that that port will be the best, or the ps3 pad is alot better for directional inputs that xbox's PoS disc D-Pad (what the actual fuck were they thinking making that pad), and agree this is by no means a console war, each system has its perks and i can fully acknowledge that.

Tim Static

Adminerator
The ps3 had better stick connectivity with some converters for PS2 to PS3 at first. it was just easier for stick players. Its started from there.

Its stupid having a console standard since some ports are better on the 360 and some are better on the PS3.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
The ps3 had better stick connectivity with some converters for PS2 to PS3 at first. it was just easier for stick players. Its started from there.

Its stupid having a console standard since some ports are better on the 360 and some are better on the PS3.
Good to know how it started and agree on the ports, examples would be CoD on 360 and Batman AA on ps3 run better than on ps3 and 360 respectively, but to get back to forum topic, best Tournament setup from what i gathered would be an Asus VH236H Monitor and ps3, i would assume through HDMI output, because to the best of my knowledge, there is no VGA cable for Ps3, and to inguity, what i meant by no tournament standard is that there is no set-in-stone tournament standard, see PDP Tournament