What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster Tournament Proof Point Blank Klone Shatter Needs To Be Fixed

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox

Madzin could have lost the game from that second example because Liu immediately blocked when he shouldn't have. The other two examples luckily the opponent died but what if they had more health? Point blank Klone Shatter is crucial to Sub-Zero and we can't even use it safely.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
You aren't suppose to shatter that close anyway. You can't even convert off it.

That's just something you have to keep in mind as a Sub Zero player.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox

It is still a problem with the game. Yes we should all keep in mind not to do that until it is fixed but as I said it shouldn't be happening in the first place. Not to mention it is cheating Sub-Zero players out of damage, a knockdown or frame-advantage on block. It combos fine if the Klone was positioned anywhere behind him but if they are right next to each other that happens. From the 12xxShatter the 1 was blocked but 2 hit then shatter. He got 14% and 2 hits when it should have been 22% 3 hits. From the B33xxShatter he got 17% and 3 hits when it should have been 24% 4 hits.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer

I think if you spent the bar on ex frost bomb, you'd be able to get a 11 xx clone in there. I'd test it, but... I mean just look at that knee.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I think if you spent the bar on ex frost bomb, you'd be able to get a 11 xx clone in there. I'd test it, but... I mean just look at that knee.
I just tested it. If they hold block it does not combo just like these other examples. That's even more of an issue since a bar is used. Also we shouldn't have had to cover that issue by spending a bar if it did work.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Clone shatter does not combo on hit.
If two moves hit on the same frame one will take priority.
So if clone shatter and burst hit at the same time the shatter is taking priority and since you cannot combo after shatter the burst is blockable.
in this scenario the game is working correctly.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
So if clone shatter and burst hit at the same time the shatter is taking priority and since you cannot combo after shatter the burst is blockable.

I'm assuming this is universal to all moved in the game?

I don't want to derail the thread, but does that explain why when I set up ex kunai with takeda, some times after a hard-to-block about set up, the opponent can block the third kunai after being hit by the first and second.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
So completely ignoring hitstun is working correctly? Even if it did take priority and dropped burst they're not staggering.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So completely ignoring hitstun is working correctly? Even if it did take priority and dropped burst they're not staggering.
the stagger animation is not them being stuck in hit stun for that long. It's just a reaction and you can block during it.

you don't see the stagger animation because they're either blocking or getting launched cause it hit.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
the stagger animation is not them being stuck in hit stun for that long. It's just a reaction and you can block during it.

you don't see the stagger animation because they're either blocking or getting launched cause it hit.
Just tested with Quan Chi and he has the same issue. I did it with Bat and some attack with frame perfect timing. If they hit at the same time one move goes through and the other is pseudo ignored. This needs to be fixed UNIVERSALLY for the whole game. In Quans case I found Bat and Sub I found Burst+Shatter. There is no reason characters shouldn't get both their attacks to be counted for hit and damage. One of the many universal issues of this game. Gender, stance, same frame multiple hits.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Just tested with Quan Chi and he has the same issue. I did it with Bat and some attack with frame perfect timing. If they hit at the same time one move goes through and the other is pseudo ignored. This needs to be fixed UNIVERSALLY for the whole game. In Quans case I found Bat and Sub I found Burst+Shatter.
Well the problem is it would introduce TRUE unblockables I believe. Maybe I'm wrong though.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Just tested with Quan Chi and he has the same issue. I did it with Bat and some attack with frame perfect timing. If they hit at the same time one move goes through and the other is pseudo ignored. This needs to be fixed UNIVERSALLY for the whole game. In Quans case I found Bat and Sub I found Burst+Shatter.

this is how the game intentionally works.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
this is how the game intentionally works.
Sub doesn't have an unblockable is the thing. Characters with moves like this are being penalized for a safety check against unblockables they may not even have. I do agree it will prevent unblockables but so far Quan is the only one I know of who can hit high and low at the same time. Maybe Erron with his Sand Ball and an overhead.

Madzin could have lost the game from that second example because Liu immediately blocked when he shouldn't have. The other two examples luckily the opponent died but what if they had more health? Point blank Klone Shatter is crucial to Sub-Zero and we can't even use it safely.
Believe me Subby will get some nerfs for KP2, this is not something you should be complaining for.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Just tested with Quan Chi and he has the same issue. I did it with Bat and some attack with frame perfect timing. If they hit at the same time one move goes through and the other is pseudo ignored. This needs to be fixed UNIVERSALLY for the whole game. In Quans case I found Bat and Sub I found Burst+Shatter. There is no reason characters shouldn't get both their attacks to be counted for hit and damage. One of the many universal issues of this game. Gender, stance, same frame multiple hits.
Its working as intended, there are many characters who will have unblockables if it is changed.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Its working as intended, there are many characters who will have unblockables if it is changed.
I remember a scenario like this in UMVC3. Unblockable setups using assists. In that case if both hit on the same frame it would be the point character that had to be blocked. Both attacks made contact just the point character had to be blocked. Interesting food for thought. For this scenario I would actually prefer Burst to take priority so it will at least combo and the rest of the game mechanics remain intact.

Fair statements by @16 Bit and @G4S J360 and I agree it would be dangerous now as a universal overhaul but would you disagree with my new proposal of making Burst connect instead of Shatter?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I remember a scenario like this in UMVC3. Unblockable setups using assists. In that case if both hit on the same frame it would be the point character that had to be blocked. Both attacks made contact just the point character had to be blocked. Interesting food for thought. For this scenario I would actually prefer Burst to take priority so it will at least combo and the rest of the game mechanics remain intact.
Yeah the engines are severely different though. The way it is programmed in this one is to cause an auto block animation regardless of where you are on the level. If you are at max jump height and two different types of moves hit, they will restand you blocking if you hold block.

This mechanic was also added to get rid of a few other pesky resets that were plaguing the game in beta.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Yeah the engines are severely different though. The way it is programmed in this one is to cause an auto block animation regardless of where you are on the level. If you are at max jump height and two different types of moves hit, they will restand you blocking if you hold block.

This mechanic was also added to get rid of a few other pesky resets that were plaguing the game in beta.
Interesting, glad to have an official tester chime in. So technically it does function like UMVC3. Point character hit = Shatter, Assist hit = Burst. So if they were to be picky about this scenario they could put the Burst above the Shatter. Still drops the extra hit and damage but at least we can get a small combo and knockdown.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
lmao, sub zero players.

"my space-dependent combo isn't working at the improper spacing!!! Fix it!!"

lmao
I already admitted I did not know how the safety check worked. Now it is more of a pseudo buff instead of a fix. As is it would be dangerous to Burst with Klone that close. If they were to buff him they could put Burst on higher priority than Shatter. This way you still get the hit, damage, knockdown from Burst. I admit now it is not really one of the MAJOR issues.