What's new

Tournament at James Games Arcade

We're trying to get enough people to make a tournament at James Games Arcade in Upland. We lack the MK players to make one. The tournament has not been announced yet, just trying to get enough confirmations to even get it started

James Games' setups sort of lag from what I've seen.
1)I won an MvC3 Tournament on their setup and never had lag problems
2)"from what i've seen" is not relevant...you have to try it...anyone can say "from what i've seen"
3)We have other PS3s and 360s setups brough by some of my friends (not part of JG set ups)
4) you can bring your own stick or use one of the provided ones

1)I won an MvC3 Tournament on their setup and never had lag problems
2)"from what i've seen" is not relevant...you have to try it...anyone can say "from what i've seen"

the LCD that has MvC3 on it (the one with the madcatz panel) has at least 8 frames of lag. the one with MK9 (where SF4 arcade used to be) does have a bit of lag to it.

the players that go to JG all the time are used to the lag so they don't say anything about it. i asked the attendant about it and they told me "so what"

some of the players from the past MvC3 tournament have complained about this situation and have been ignored. and a few of them where forced to play on that station even after they expressed the situation to the TO.

i'm not trying to talk shit about you or JG i am just stating facts. i still go to JG during the (for super turbo) week when i have time. i just will not touch the MK9 or MvC3 stations there.

the LCD that has MvC3 on it (the one with the madcatz panel) has at least 8 frames of lag. the one with MK9 (where SF4 arcade used to be) does have a bit of lag to it.

the players that go to JG all the time are used to the lag so they don't say anything about it. i asked the attendant about it and they told me "so what"

some of the players from the past MvC3 tournament have complained about this situation and have been ignored. and a few of them where forced to play on that station even after they expressed the situation to the TO.

i'm not trying to talk shit about you or JG i am just stating facts. i still go to JG during the (for super turbo) week when i have time. i just will not touch the MK9 or MvC3 stations there.
i go there once every two weeks that's not often. I play on the MVC3 no problem and not ever dropped a combo due to "lag". No one is every forced to play on it. You just have to tell the host which setup u want to play on. if there's a conflict between the players, there will be a coin toss. So what is the attendant says "so what" you have choice to play on other setups. The only problem with the MK9 machine is the american stick. I despise that, it drops combos 24/7. and Rick is being anal about the MK9 tournament. He wants us to use his setup but no one wants to play on that stick and won't let us plug our own sticks on the PS3 running the game. So if there will be a tournament then it will only on other setups where u can plug in your own stick. Or on the main set up if he changes his mind. Once again you will have a choice as to what TV or set up you want to play so no one can complain about nonexistent lag or being forced to play on the main setup.