What's new

Toughest matches to win in MK2?

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
What matchups do you guys think are the most impossible to win in MK2? :mad::confused::mad:
here's my top 10 based on what I personally find most difficult, assuming that both players are high-level:

1. Cage vs Mileena
His strength is up close, but he is awful in CQC vs the girls. Mileena owns him from every angle, and a smart one isn't going to give Cage any freebies off of stupidly timed rolls/drop kicks. her sais can completely shut him down, and her drop kick takes care of any of Cage projectiles. the toughest MK2 match as far as I'm concerned.

2. Cage vs Jax
Jax keeps distance, Jax wins. Cage's only prayer is to chase Jax into a corner and keep him there. but Cage moves more like a tank than a cheetah, so good luck. Cage gets beat down like a ragdoll in this one.

3. Scorpion vs Jax
Yuck. Enough said.

4. Reptile vs Raiden
I find this a fun match, but still incredibly difficult. Reptile's forceballs are easily negated by a simple Raiden teleport. his blocked slides can be shocked, and Raiden can pretty much superman relentlessly without being punished unless Reptile starts acid spitting.

5. Sub-Zero vs Jax
this is a match I hardly ever win. some guys like btbb are really good at it, but it seems like Jax wins everything in this contest. Jax mainers that I can beat with all the other fighters, I have the most trouble vs with Sub-Zero.

6. Reptile vs Mileena
#6 who'd have thunk it? this match isn't as bad as it seems. I bet a lot of people would list it as the #1 worst. but Reptile invisible forces Mileena to get jumpy, and he can duck her sai spam and retaliate with slides/spit. a fun matchup IMO, but still very much in Mileena's favor. I like it alot actually, though people do tend to think you're trying to make a fool of them when you counter Mileena with Reptile.

7. Raiden vs Tsung
Raiden supermans, Tsung ducks, Raiden dies lol. Tsung clings to a corner and Raiden is about out of ideas other than throwing sad lightning bolts. and if that's not enough, Tsung can morph into top tier and take him down that way.

8. Scorpion vs Mileena
She kills him up close, and can roll the ninjas for big time combos. Scorpion's saving grace is his teleport punch to stop her sais, but the small damage that does usually isn't enough to pull him through.

9. Cage vs Kang
Cage has to get close to win, but Kang has so many ways to keep that from happening. just when Johnny gets near Kang, he probably takes a flying kick to the face anyway lol. Cage has to basically rely on timing JKs when Liu fireballs to win. those aren't very good odds.

10. Scorpion vs Kang
Low toe, low toe, low toe (if you wanna be a real dick that is). Kang outmatches Scorpion in everyway in this one. even when Scorpion guesses right to teleport during a Kang low fireball, it is hard to punish Kang. and sometimes he even teleports right into the fireball!

love to hear your guys most difficult matchups, and what you think about mine. also open for tips and suggestions on how to win these above-mentioned matches!

2. Cage vs Jax
Jax keeps distance, Jax wins. Cage's only prayer is to chase Jax into a corner and keep him there. but Cage moves more like a tank than a cheetah, so good luck. Cage gets beat down like a ragdoll in this one.

10. Scorpion vs Kang
Low toe, low toe, low toe (if you wanna be a real dick that is). Kang outmatches Scorpion in everyway in this one. even when Scorpion guesses right to teleport during a Kang low fireball, it is hard to punish Kang. and sometimes he even teleports right into the fireball!
This, since I random I tend to get these matches I really hate it. Im also assuming that it would be even tougher at the highest level.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
elite Cage vs elite Jax wins maybe 1 out of 7. I'm being optimistic. it's a fun match if you can get Jax cornered, otherwise it's just frustrating.