What's new

Top Players preparing for big Mortal Kombat return at CEO?

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
MK9 FOR LIFE at least until MK10 comes, and especially now that MK9 is coming to PC.

Let's create a character balance mod for MK9 PC and take that to tournaments
I don't even want to imagine the nightmare of setting that up for each tournament. Not to mention the backlash from those who can't gain access to the PC version for whatever reason.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
MK9 FOR LIFE at least until MK10 comes, and especially now that MK9 is coming to PC.

Unless it's an official patch, I doubt it'd be accepted by the community. PC being standard would be hard enough, unofficial patch would be almost out of the question.

I would be totally cool with it if it had an official patch though. I'm guessing it will just be a straight up port but bug fixes would be soooo awesome.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I would be totally cool with it if it had an official patch though. I'm guessing it will just be a straight up port but bug fixes would be soooo awesome.
I don't know why you torture yourself with such optimism

Mods can fix just about anything for PC. And if playing a better MK9 means playing online only, then so be it

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
That would be fucking amazing.

I don't even want to imagine the nightmare of setting that up for each tournament. Not to mention the backlash from those who can't gain access to the PC version for whatever reason.
Ever hear of Project M? In today's world, it's very, very possible to take a completely unbalanced game, turn it into a beautifully balanced game, and have a big, viable, competitive tournament scene for it.

DangerousBacon

That would be fucking amazing.

Ever hear of Project M? In today's world, it's very, very possible to take a completely unbalanced game, turn it into a beautifully balanced game, and have a big, viable, competitive tournament scene for it.
I do know of Project M. I know that it is possible, I was just saying how tedious it is to actually get started. Not only equipment wise, but player wise. Mk9 has an established meta game already, a balance patch would just throw all of that out of the window depending on the severity of the balance. Everyone would basically be learning a new game. All of their months of matchup knowledge would have to be learned again. Not to mention the potential divide within a already tiny community that may arise.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I do know of Project M. I know that it is possible, I was just saying how tedious it is to actually get started. Not only equipment wise, but player wise. Mk9 has an established meta game already, a balance patch would just throw all of that out of the window depending on the severity of the balance. Everyone would basically be learning a new game. All of their months of matchup knowledge would have to be learned again. Not to mention the potential divide within a already tiny community that may arise.
I definitely agree that I dont think it'll happen. It just always feels like a shame to have a game as classic as MK, with so many memorable and epic characters, have the game dominated by such a select few, with several more so underpowered as to be more or less unviable on a competitive level.

any mk player that abandons mk9 because injustice is out or because they want to is a fraud and pure failure .. mk9 made injustice for the game it is .. WHY CAN'T WE STILL SUPPORT MK9 UNTIL MK10 COMES OUT? MK9 WILL BE COMING TO PC SO WE ALL SHOULD SUPPORT IT (MORE REASON TO) I FIND THIS MK COMMUNITY SO UNGRATEFUL.. A TRUE MK LOVER AND PLAYER WILL NEVER ABANDON THEIR GAMES ..CAPCOM PLAYERS PLAY BOTH MVC3 AND SF , THEY SUPPORT BOTH STRONG ..WHY CAN'T WE DO THE SAME? I WOULD HATE TO 2K13 TO BE MK9'S LAST EVO .. SF4 & MVC3 WERE OUT A WHILE AND THERE IS STILL SUPPORT FOR THOSE GAMES .. I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE I AM A DE HARD MK9 FAN I SUPPORT BOTH GAMES (IGAU/ MK9) & YOU MK PLAYERS DISGUST ME ..YOU ALL MAKE ME FEEL TO DROP IGAU ALONG WITH MK BECAUSE OF LACK OF SUPPORT FROM THE COMMUNITY .. I AM ANNOYED ..THERE ARE PPL LIKE ME WHO REALLY LOOK UP TO SOME OTHER PLAYERS AS WELL AS SEEING THEM ON STREAM TOURNAMENTS ETC .. NO WONDER CAPCOM PLAYERS BASH US ..I ALWAYS DEFEND OUR GAMES BUT LIKE IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE .. I'M SO DISAPPOINTED .. GOOD BYE

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Mk9 has an established meta game already, a balance patch would just throw all of that out of the window depending on the severity of the balance. Everyone would basically be learning a new game. All of their months of matchup knowledge would have to be learned again. Not to mention the potential divide within a already tiny community that may arise.
So? If NRS officially released 1.06 that completely rebalanced the characters, I don't think anyone would complain.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
My post was referring to using a PC mod. Not if NRS actually patched the game.
I know. My point still stands. Who cares if people have to relearn the game? Players want something fresh anyway. I know I do.

Maybe it wouldn't work to bring a PC mod to tournaments, but I say if there's any possible chance in breathing more life into MK with something new, then why not at least try?

DangerousBacon

I know. My point still stands. Who cares if people have to relearn the game? Players want something fresh anyway. I know I do.

Maybe it wouldn't work to bring a PC mod to tournaments, but I say if there's any possible chance in breathing more life into MK with something new, then why not at least try?
-You have no freaking idea how serious something like that is.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
-You have no freaking idea how serious something like that is.
I play MK9 competitively (at least I did in the past before my living conditions now longer allowed it) . I don't know about you, but at this point, I'd be completely willing relearn match ups if it meant a total revamp of the character balance.

This would completely rekindle discussion about MK9 and personally I would love it.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
mk is dead? bullshit. it's more like because people don't support it, than because of the game. if people say Injustice is not MK, so stop talking shit, stop comparing and let's play both. i hope pc mod version of MK will be used in tournaments.

Just to be clear and honest. Any game by June 7th with 32 or less Pre registered will NOT Receive Main event Trophies. They are not cheap and can't be ordered a week before any event. I am getting Medals for all games regardless though for top 8s. I'm making this clear now so people know because I will not allow my event that I put my sweat blood and tears into be disrespected in any way shape or form. I will Jebait you for the rest of your life.

Also Injustice will be run on XBOX 360 and whatever DLC Characters are available before June 20th will be allowed in the tournament.

Now with that said, you can check out who's signed up for everything here www.tinyurl.com/ceo2013

Also I do hope PigofTheHut and FunkyP can come through with a 4g Setups for a Dedicated MK/Injustice Stream. I personally pay $750.00 a dedicated high speed wired connection for CEO hence why I only get 2 main streams. If anyone wants to pony up $750.00 for a 3rd connection I'd be more than happy to do so otherwise I'm hoping the 4G signal is strong in the ballroom and will get Pig/Funky the Space they need to make your community happy, cause a Happy Community is a Happy Jebailey.

As it stands now MK will be handled all of Friday with top 3 streamed on www.twitch.tv/ceogaming and Injustice Pools all Day saturday with Top 8 Streamed Sunday Afternoon between Noon and 4.

Have a JebaileyFul Day!

I really wish I could afford to go to CEO or EVO.

We'll always run MK at my tournament here. And streamed. I'll make sure of that.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

to make Mortal Kombat at CEO the beginning of the end of Mortal Kombat 9.

Evolution 2013 will likely be the grand finale of our beloved Mortal Kombat as players await for a "Mortal Kombat 10" announcement in the, hopefully, near future.
arent you supposed to be the head of a Mortal Kombat forum or something?

This epitomizes your disconnect from the community. MK isnt going anywhere after evo and posts like this feed into a rotten mentality that gives new people (as well as long-time users) to this site the wrong idea. After Evo, VXG is going to do it big, many people who get over new game syndrome will drop injustice for MK again, and there will be other tournaments where people will still play this great game.

Stop posting stuff like that. This isnt the first time and i'm sure it wont be the last, but it's never a good thing. MK isnt dead, and it'll only die if the community lets it.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
arent you supposed to be the head of a Mortal Kombat forum or something?

This epitomizes your disconnect from the community. MK isnt going anywhere after evo and posts like this feed into a rotten mentality that gives new people (as well as long-time users) to this site the wrong idea. After Evo, VXG is going to do it big, many people who get over new game syndrome will drop injustice for MK again, and there will be other tournaments where people will still play this great game.

Stop posting stuff like that. This isnt the first time and i'm sure it wont be the last, but it's never a good thing. MK isnt dead, and it'll only die if the community lets it.
That is the FGC's general feel of Mortal Kombat. With Injustice... and no MK version updates, it's expected to lose people's interest as I stated above.

Of course, Mortal Kombat isn't going to "die", but the bigger numbers we've gotten before are/have died off a bit. The post was supposed to build hype and interest for Mortal Kombat at CEO to get those bigger numbers 'back'.

Me being disconnected from the community? You're either on drugs or completely ignorant.