What's new

Top 8 NRS Gods

Who are the top 8 NRS Gods. I wonder if someone here has the will power to look over all results going back to mk9 and see objectively who are the top 8 players with the best results. I’d have to think the following 10-15 players are in the discussion:

Sonic fox
Dragon
Nicolas
Scorpionprocs
Semiij
Perfect legend
Djt
Foxy grandpa
Ninja killa
Tekken master
Pig of the hut
Rewind
Tweedy
Reo
Scar

If you're going for all the NetherRealm Studios games though, that would immediately factor out some of the newer players simply because they've played a lot less and would have a lot less Top 8 placements by default.

Might be better to look at the current generation of players/games, so basically just Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate and Mortal Kombat 1.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I would say the current top 8 (based on results of the top of my head from MKX to MK1) would be:

SonicFox
Nicolas
NinjaKilla
FoxyGrandpa
Semiij
Scar
TekkenMaster
TheMightyUnjust

Take this with a grain of salt though.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
another popularity contest eh? this is impossible to make, as NRS games legacy is spanning over 13 years now.... not all the same players and just like PL doing things in MK9 and nothing in the newer games, the newer players do great things but cant go back and change history.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Who are the top 8 NRS Gods. I wonder if someone here has the will power to look over all results going back to mk9 and see objectively who are the top 8 players with the best results. I’d have to think the following 10-15 players are in the discussion:

Sonic fox
Dragon
Nicolas
Scorpionprocs
Semiij
Perfect legend
Djt
Foxy grandpa
Ninja killa
Tekken master
Pig of the hut
Rewind
Tweedy
Reo
Scar

PL is not a top 8 NRS god. He made top 8's in MK9, a little in Injustice, but the games after that, def not.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I would say the current top 8 (based on results of the top of my head from MKX to MK1) would be:

SonicFox
Nicolas
NinjaKilla
FoxyGrandpa
Semiij
Scar
TekkenMaster
TheMightyUnjust

Take this with a grain of salt though.
Rewind is calling.. He wants to speak with you about Unjust and Scar :coffee:

another popularity contest eh? this is impossible to make, as NRS games legacy is spanning over 13 years now.... not all the same players and just like PL doing things in MK9 and nothing in the newer games, the newer players do great things but cant go back and change history.
lol not a popularity contest or impossible to do. There is definitely an objective way to measure this although imperfect. Just a fun discussion. Don’t have to shit on everything. Cmon

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
lol not a popularity contest or impossible to do. There is definitely an objective way to measure this although imperfect. Just a fun discussion. Don’t have to shit on everything. Cmon
the kids who are doin great things now were prob single digit age when the likes of REO and CD Jr were reigning... its just a different era. I think there is two distinct eras, and its MK9-IN1-MKX-INJ2 and then there's MK11-MK1. I shid and fard

REYTHEGREAT

Top Player Rankings for MK9 are.
Reo, CDjr, DetroitBallin, Maxter, JWong, Perfect Legend, DJT, Pig of the Hut. - This is based on 25 tournaments Online and offline)

Top Players Rankings For MKX are.
SonicFox, A Foxy Grampa, Scar, Dragon, REO, WoundCowboy, Hayatei, DJT, Raptor. - This is based on 62 tournaments (online and offline)

Top Players Rankings For MK11 Are
SonicFox, NinjaKilla, Tekken Master, Dragon, A Foxy Grampa, Rewind, Scar, Hayatei. - This is based on 63 tournaments (online and offline_

Top Players Ranking for MK1 Are (so far)
Kanimani, SonicFox, Tekken Master, Scorpionprocs, MKJavier, NinjaKilla, Nicolas, VideogamezYo - This is based on 18 tournaments (online and offline)

So if we take those players and average them out to create a top 8 NRS gods, it will probably look like this (in no particular order).
SonicFox, TekkenMaster, REO, NinjaKilla, Scar, A Foxy Grampa, Dragon, Hayatei,

LEGEND

YES!
Tournament results back in the day are weird to properly account for because people would rarely travel outside of a carpool road trip. Midwest - East coast (though mostly EC) players were much more capable of attending the multitude of events that existed in their regions which really pads any stats that lack this context. Alot of those events are more comparable to these daily/weekly online MK1 tournaments rather than true major tournaments like CEO or Combo Breaker today.

EGP held sort-of regionals that often comprised of Norcal, Socal, Arizona and Vegas which should probably be held in the same regard.

TLDR: Any list without Tyrant is a failure.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Its pretty much impossible making an all time top 8 because, like people said, its been 13 years worthy of competition.
Dividing those years by “eras” (MK9/Igau - MKX/Inj2 - MK11/MK1), imo it would be something like (in no particular order):

MK9 / Igau:
Reo
Djt
PL
Forever King
Cd Jr
DetroitBalln
Pig
Sonic

MKX / Inj2 (definitely the hardest):
Sonic
Djt
Rewind
Scar
Foxy
Semiij
Dragon
Tweedy

Honorable mentions: Hayatei, Slayer, Mit, TekkenMaster, HoneyBee, Forever King, Reo, WoundCowboy)

MK11 / MK1
Sonic
NinjaKilla
ScorpionProcs
Nicolas
Unjust
Kombat
TekkenMaster
Rewind