What's new

Question Top 5 Balance Tier List?

So basically, who are the top 5 most balanced chars?

Here's my list
1. Reptile
2. Lui Kang
3. Sub Zero
4. Sektor
5. Shang Tsung

I picked reptile to be #1 because i'm biased. He has some really good mixups and stuff, but you can punish it. His 6 frame dash is like -15 on block, and punishable by pretty much anyone.

The rest seems like really complete characters but don't get high damage combos off of armor moves, or other BS like that. Discuss.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Sub-Zero balanced? "Complete?"

Pick Sub-Zero, use him against Kenshi, Kitana, Kabal, or Freddy. Get back to me.

Sektor kool tho.

Those are broken characters though, so doesn't matter. Other than his lack of mobility, he's pretty complete. His dash speed is alright, i though?

EMPEROR_THEO

Those are broken characters though, so doesn't matter. Other than his lack of mobility, he's pretty complete. His dash speed is alright, i though?
When you mean complete, you imply that Sub-Zero would have a solid answer to those characters with tools to get by in the MU. Reptile, Shang Tsung, and (kinda) Sektor, can put up with those characters. Sub-Zero can't.

Kitana ain't broken, and Sub still can't put up with her.

EMPEROR_THEO

Sonya is pretty balanced
By balanced do you mean has all the tools she needs or a "fair" character? She's got all the tools so I agree with one part, but if you mean "fair", a SAFE armored launched that leads into the meat of her combos and mix-ups is one of the most ridiculous things you can give a character. Cage can't X-Ray her D4 either at a space.

So basically, who are the top 5 most balanced chars?

Here's my list
1. Reptile
2. Lui Kang
3. Sub Zero
4. Sektor
5. Shang Tsung

I picked reptile to be #1 because i'm biased. He has some really good mixups and stuff, but you can punish it. His 6 frame dash is like -15 on block, and punishable by pretty much anyone.

The rest seems like really complete characters but don't get high damage combos off of armor moves, or other BS like that. Discuss.
reptile isnt balanced, hes designed so stupidly and is so easy to play.... amazing zoning that grants free chip... free safe pressure... fifty fiftie... insane ease at getting around zoning... stupid down 4 and hitbox.... easiest whiff punisher ever...

use dash... dont get blocked easy as that... hes not balanced

By balanced do you mean has all the tools she needs or a "fair" character? She's got all the tools so I agree with one part, but if you mean "fair", a SAFE armored launched that leads into the meat of her combos and mix-ups is one of the most ridiculous things you can give a character. Cage can't X-Ray her D4 either at a space.

hes trolling

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Seriously TYM needs a rest, all this week its all about lists, raging, patches and trolling, nothing constructive enough to discuss, besides, the only good thing that happened was mk9 being announced on EVO.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
reptile isnt balanced, hes designed so stupidly and is so easy to play.... amazing zoning that grants free chip... free safe pressure... fifty fiftie... insane ease at getting around zoning... stupid down 4 and hitbox.... easiest whiff punisher ever...

use dash... dont get blocked easy as that... hes not balanced
Lol every time I see this guy post about Reptiles he's either calling Reptile players downplayers or just crying about him. You might need some of this to ease the pain