What's new

Top 3 Fighting Games!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
List the top 3 best fighting games you've played:
1. UMK3
-UMK3 is definitely the best fighter I've played. It's just so god like, I wish more people would see that. Far and away the best fighter I've played at high levels, it's just too addicting. Not only do you need talent, skill, reaction, focus and great execution among many other things, one of the best things about UMK3 is the mindgames. You can't mistakes in this game, which is why it's such a skilled game. Even against some characters ONE mistake can cost you the game, it's just so competitive!

2. SF3: 3S
-3rd Strike would be my 2nd choice. This game owns at high levels. So much combo potential, it's insane. It's also great to watch at high levels, one of the best in that aspect as long as it's not Chun vs Chun. The parry system adds a lot, and creates depth like no other. Just a great game, one of the most competitive out there.

3. VF5
-Haven't played this at high levels, because it takes years to become good at this game. But when you play someone on equal levels, this game is great! The 3rd best FG I've played, hands down.

List the top 3 most fun fighting games you've played:

1. UMK3
-Not only is this the best fighter I've played, it's also the most fun and addicting. UMK3 has the most replay value out of any game I've seen or played. I could play this game for a year straight at high levels, 24/7 and never get bored.

2. MvC2
-Very fun game. I usually just mess around, since I'm not good at it. But even messing around not knowing what you're doing is fun. A lot of stuff going on at once is aesthetically pleasing, to me at least. It could get distracting, but it's still awesome.

3. SF3: 3S
-Most games that are good, are fun at high levels. I'm not saying I'm a high level player, cause I'm not, but I've played against players who are and it's great!

-----------------------------------

Made this thread out of boredom. Just interested to see your responses.

Tim Static

Adminerator
The Best
1. UMK3
2. SF2 HF & SSF2T
3. Third Strike

Most Fun
1. UMk3
2. X-men vs Street Fighter
3. Marvel vs Capcom 2

Noob
Best and Fun:
1. UMK3
2. SSF2T/HDR
3. 3rd Strike

Honorable Mentions:
SFA2/SFA3
SSF4
Killer Intinct
MK2
MK4

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Top 3 Fighters I've played of all time are(NOTE:I'm sure MK9 will replace #2 for me once it's out and everything move down one slot) but for the time being...

#1. UMK3-Best 2D fighter ever made IMO(sorry SF fans) but I prefer a game where throws are actually blockable or are able to be prevented...and a block button IMO is superior to holding back. Also has arguably one of the best rosters in an MK game. On top of the stellar gameplay, I love the storyline of MK3/UMK3 as well. I can play this game or any MK game generally speaking but prefer this one or MK2 or MKDC probably MK9 for days endlessly lol

#2. MK vs. DCU-May not be on many lists on here but to me it was the most fun, balanced MK I've played since UMK3. Seemed like a breath of fresh air after the 3D MK's which were filled literally with glitches, easy infinites, FT's, OTG's etc, etc that a 4th grader could do...MKDC believe it or not actually requires a respectable amount of skill(with the exception of stupid Flash and Superman infinites) the game is really fun honestly and I believe hated mainly for "DC involved and the "T" rating" but the gameplay itself isn't horrible...as a high level player during Xbox's MKDC high, I know this...

#3. Mortal Kombat 2-Just something epic about this game, classic, epic and nostalgic that really never gets old. Sure the gameplay isn't the best MK but the storyline, new line of characters introduced and atmosphere was as MK as you'll ever get....not until recently with MK9 have we've seen a darker MK really since MK2. I remember outside of the arcades when I played it, when I got this for SNES I was literally addicted for days on end lol...

Honorable mentions:

MK4-Honestly no where near the best MK game but certainly not the worst if you really break it down and think about it, this game was fun to play it's just a shame the gameplay wasn't nearly as good as UMK3 and didn't have nearly the support that other MK's and fighters have.

MK: Deception-Being the first MK game to ever go online legitimately on a console, I have to say it played very well online compared to MKA and MKDC....honestly comparable to UMK3 when smooth if not better at times. This game was far bigger on Xbox(and probably PS from what I hear) in it's prime on xbox live, me being one of the players I know these times for MKD online never got old and I loved owning with Dairou and Ermac lol. Good times, just a shame it had easy infinites, glitches etc....atmosphere wise one of the darkest MK's, not on the level of MK2 or MK9 but I'd say behind them for sure.

MK:Armageddon-Everything that MKD was but better until 33's were discovered at least..lol, but overall had everyone so roster wise the best. Wasn't nearly as broken as MKD in terms of free throws and throwing relaunched, SS infinites like MKD but had issues with 33, AC etc which was the thing some players abused when desperate....the parries, wake up and jumping that didn't feel like you were fighting in mud helped but definitely far from the best MK gameplay wise....still fun in it's own right I suppose.

MK: DA-This game you know I have to give props since it's the only 3D MK game that didn't have an easy infinite that any scrub could abuse, and had far less then MKD. Also had an interesting storyline and proved many back then that MK wasn't "dead and buried" with the good numbers this game sold surpassing the previously disappointing MK4 5 years prior.

MK-True classic, sure in the earlier stages the gameplay was slow, basic etc but had a cool story, interesting characters and it's the only fighter to this day to have controversy behind it on a worldwide scale with the blood, gore etc....watching Sub-Zero rip off someones head with the spine never gets old in the world of video games.

SSFII HD-Fun game, cool slightly revamped version of the original and cool online with the up to 6 player lobby system, tournament option. Not the first to have a multiplayer lobby but I find it interesting and unique to see it has 6 as their limit, still fun and I think everyone who likes fighters would tip their cap to SF II and in general since they started the genre.

TMNT:Tournament Fighters-A fun game, very underrated IMO at times and I'd much rather play this game over say Killer Instinct....sure some think it's a SF biteoff but I can say the same about KI off of MK and Clayfighter, EC as well...but regardless of some similarities, the game isn't bad and could be played seriously if it had a scene given the gameplay.

Mace The Dark Ages-a 3D fighting game that wasn't that bad, bloody like MK then again made by the same guys(midway) and interesting and also had fatalities.

War Gods-Also made by Midway, fun, classic game that had some cool fatalities no doubt inspired by MK.

Primal Rage-Also made by Midway team lol, but interesting and a fighter with dinosaurs which at the time that looked pretty impressive always caught my interest.

Clay Fighter-I like this game because of how silly it is and admits it's an obvious SF, MK biteoff but in a humorous way lol.

Bloodly Roar-I honestly always felt this game was underrated, I'd much rather play this game over VF or Tekken honestly. The animal morphing via the meter in this game was unique and cool I thought.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
^ lol @ Clay Fighter... I oddly miss that game for some reason.

That game and Super Dodgeball for Nintendo, which I own. :D

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
^ lol @ Clay Fighter... I oddly miss that game for some reason.

That game and Super Dodgeball for Nintendo, which I own. :D
If you have a wii it's going to soon be re-released on wiiware soon, revamped/improved slightly ;) based off the SNES version(not the crappy Sega version lol) I don't know about Super Dodgeball though, I think they re-released that on DS if I'm not mistaken or a game similar to it.