What's new

Question Top 10 players. where do we stand post Dallas?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
1-REO
2-Perfect Legend
3-Dizzy
4-Maxter
5-CD jr.
6-16 bit
7-MIT
8-Pig
9-DJT
10-Detroit

Honorable mentions to ForeverKing and m2dave.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
1. Me
2. My ego
3. My ego's alter ego
4. My ego's uncle
5. My ego's uncle's alter ego
6. My desire to be praised
7. My desire to be praised's alter ego
8. My granny
9. Your granny
10. All the elitism on TYM.

coolwhip

Noob
I just find it funny how one tournament changes the entire perception. A week ago, if you didn't name PL in the top 5, people would have recommended a doctor. Now, he doesn't figure on some top 10 lists altogether. Likewise, Tyrant is all of a sudden seemingly forgotten. I'm not really complaining mind you, as there are only 10 spots so some people will be left out, but you'd think we'd have learned not to accept that every now and then, some players will have a tournament where they don't perform, but it doesn't really change their placing among the absolute elite. This "what have you done for me lately?" attitude needs to change.

coolwhip

Noob
On a side note, not to be diplomatic, but I think every player stands out in a certain department:

I really feel that REO is the one who "gets" this game the most, in the sense of understanding every single mechanic, the match-ups, his character, other characters, etc...

Meanwhile, Dizzy is probably the one who plays the most flawless, when it comes to spacing, counter-poking, punishing, anti-air.

The Dominican brothers in general have the best spacing (CD Jr when he used to play Jax really stands out in that department).

PL is probably the most "talented" in the sense that he's an absolute prodigy (innovation, reflexes/reactions, execution, picking things up quickly etc..) Especially when you factor in the fact that he really levels up alone, with no regular offline sparring partners.

Pig is perhaps the smartest, most cerebral player. A tactical master.

16 Bit is maybe the hardest working player. He stuck to one character and one character only since day one, worked his ass off to overcome his character's bad match-ups, and leveled up like crazy over the course of the year.

As for Tom... He gets by on being awesome.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I try not to toot my own horn (cause when I do it comes back to bite me in the ass), BUT I've only been out of top three twice. There is no other MK player that has been out of the top three two times or less like me. And considering the fact that I have been traveling for MK9 since week one with majors like Power Up 2011, it's pretty crazy if you think about it.
I've only been outside the top 3 twice as well ;)

But

1. REO
2. CD JR
3. PL
4. Tom Brady
5. Pig
6. Mustard
7. Detroit
8. Dizzy
9. 16 Bit
10. Dunno, maybe Curb.

But out of any player I've ever played, Tom Brady would be my #1, if he didnt use SZ. Easily the smartest player I've faught.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
#1 undeniably and always will be is REO. There's no other player like him with all the accomplishments he made, a true master of the game and even the greatest master of Kabal than anybody else. Like seriously he only lost to CD Jr's Jax and 16Bit's Kitana more than twice and continues to body everyone who challenges him. Although the community see him as a board troll at times, he is the R E O.

pig of the hut is the heart of the community, all the work involved he's contributed, he speaks for the people. pig for President! XD

Our dearest Edenian Princess 16Bit, I mean Princess Kitana lol. No other player has been a character loyalist than him despite having difficult lopsided match ups for his character, he always manages to survive the storm no matter what except pigshi's wrath :eek: but someday he will probably do the most epic pop off of his entire MK career when he does! Funny, humorous, always makes people crack up but when it comes to MK9 he is all serious business, being knowledgeable, a character expert, no wonder he has made impressive work of art for the Kitana community.

I want to say Dizzy has made such a huge impression in his last few performances despite being tournament nerves in the past, he is overcoming that aspect and delivered some of the greatest matches we have ever seen against the top players in that caliber. Like 16Bit he is a character loyalist to Johnny Cage with character expertise, will he find a solution against Kabal and Kenshi? Kung Lao possibly lol or a stronger Cage leveled up.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I try not to toot my own horn (cause when I do it comes back to bite me in the ass), BUT I've only been out of top three twice. There is no other MK player that has been out of the top three two times or less like me. And considering the fact that I have been traveling for MK9 since week one with majors like Power Up 2011, it's pretty crazy if you think about it.
Im pretty positive youre the #1 player amongst all of top players, casual players, etc etc

Congrats man - Truly inspiring and exceptional player

I'll put mine in terms of consistency rather than wins.

REO - Obvious
CDJr - Consistent, tons of majors wins, consisent in MLG, first time out of top 8 at Dallas
Pig - I don't think he's placed out of Top 8 in the last siginificent Tournys
Dizzy - He's always bringing his JC in the Top 8
16Bit - This guy just goes in on his Kitana and makes Top 8 everytime
PL - FraustyFaustings, 2x EVO, SBa, MLG x2
Maxter - Consistent, won that lowkey but stacked EC Tourny, top 2 MLG x2 and consistent in Majors
MIT - These guys are the REO/Jr of the WC, have seen EVO, solid finishes in MLG
DJT - See above

Lists like this are now discouraging because they are mainly based on MLG. No matter who does what in any other MK9 major from this point forward, the argument of what they did or did not do in MLG will always keep them off of the top 10 list. This is mainly because no major will have this collection of elites under one roof again for MK9.

It is one of the biggest factors in my decision to not compete again. Sadly, i was not allowed to compete at MLG, and it will eternally be held against me. Play at NEC? why? get top 5.. top 8? why? nothing changes, and this kills the drive to compete. I have gone to tourneys in the last 3 months and been in the top 2-3 in all of them, even having some very good quality wins vs top players. as i said, nothing changed then, and after Absolute Battle and NEC things still wont change hence there is no drive or reason to compete.

For newer players coming in or finally breaking out, no tourney they attend or do well in will ever break them into the top 10 spot. This can also be discouraging.

Pig Of The Hut

I'll put mine in terms of consistency rather than wins.

REO - Obvious
CDJr - Consistent, tons of majors wins, consisent in MLG, first time out of top 8 at Dallas
Pig - I don't think he's placed out of Top 8 in the last siginificent Tournys
Dizzy - He's always bringing his JC in the Top 8
16Bit - This guy just goes in on his Kitana and makes Top 8 everytime
PL - FraustyFaustings, 2x EVO, SBa, MLG x2
Maxter - Consistent, won that lowkey but stacked EC Tourny, top 2 MLG x2 and consistent in Majors
MIT - These guys are the REO/Jr of the WC, have seen EVO, solid finishes in MLG
DJT - See above
Ive placed top 8 in every single major, mlg, evo since June 2011

the only tournament i didnt make top 8 was EVO 2011 which was my first tourney ever which had 500 + people, i made top 32

I was free to kitana

Pig Of The Hut

Lists like this are now discouraging because they are mainly based on MLG. No matter who does what in any other MK9 major from this point forward, the argument of what they did or did not do in MLG will always keep them off of the top 10 list. This is mainly because no major will have this collection of elites under one roof again for MK9.

It is one of the biggest factors in my decision to not compete again. Sadly, i was not allowed to compete at MLG, and it will eternally be held against me. Play at NEC? why? get top 5.. top 8? why? nothing changes, and this kills the drive to compete. I have gone to tourneys in the last 3 months and been in the top 2-3 in all of them, even having some very good quality wins vs top players. as i said, nothing changed then, and after Absolute Battle and NEC things still wont change hence there is no drive or reason to compete.

For newer players coming in or finally breaking out, no tourney they attend or do well in will ever break them into the top 10 spot. This can also be discouraging.
It didnt discourage dab or showtime or others like them, it motivated them to success

You place top 5-8 or better at NEC then the lists in here posted change over night hands down

the world hasnt ended

Imagine you place top 8 at nec, FF, Final round and boom Tom is top 3 and by then Pig is washed up

It didnt discourage dab or showtime or others like them, it motivated them to success

You place top 5-8 or better at NEC then the lists in here posted change over night hands down

the world hasnt ended

Imagine you place top 8 at nec, FF, Final round and boom Tom is top 3 and by then Pig is washed up

DAB and showtime played in MLG.

LBSH.. if there was ever even so much as a top 20 list MAAAAAAAAAYYYBEEEEE 0.01% would have me. NEC or no NEC, doesnt change. all NEC does is "well, it didnt have the total level of comp as MLG". thanks but no thanks, no real reason to compete.

Gimmick

Noob

LBSH.. if there was ever even so much as a top 20 list MAAAAAAAAAYYYBEEEEE 0.01% would have me. NEC or no NEC, doesnt change. all NEC does is "well, it didnt have the total level of comp as MLG". thanks but no thanks.
From the hype thats been gathering up about NEC, it looks like that tourney will be stacked like crazy.

Pig Of The Hut

LBSH.. if there was ever even so much as a top 20 list MAAAAAAAAAYYYBEEEEE 0.01% would have me. NEC or no NEC, doesnt change. all NEC does is "well, it didnt have the total level of comp as MLG". thanks but no thanks.
nec is looking to have everyone at mlgs at nec

Tom stop this emo shit

Nec is gonna have 100+ mk players, I guarantee you

And on top of things Wafflez and xsmokex are going to be there returning, all the VSM guys who couldnt make MLG will be there, EVERYONE will be there so stop the crap man

And gross and death apparently going as well

LBSH.. if there was ever even so much as a top 20 list MAAAAAAAAAYYYBEEEEE 0.01% would have me. NEC or no NEC, doesnt change. all NEC does is "well, it didnt have the total level of comp as MLG". thanks but no thanks, no real reason to compete.
MLG is big, but lbsh its not evo. placing top at nec and final round as well will mean just as much as placing top in mlg imo. Tom you will get your props and the community needs you.